This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
majix560's profile picture

[program request]ATM cc program to use Bukkit bank plugin

Started by majix560, 09 June 2015 - 04:15 PM
majix560 #1
Posted 09 June 2015 - 06:15 PM
First of all, if this belongs in a different (sub-)forum, then would a moderator please move it there?
I'd like to request that someone make a computer craft program that allows a cc computer to act as an atm for a bukkit plugin.
I don't know if this would require a command computer to run plugin commands as the player or not.
I hope not so that my players can make atm's.
I have immibis peripherals in my server's modpack so you can use the adventure map interface if you needed/wanted to do so instead of using command computer.
InDieTasten #2
Posted 09 June 2015 - 07:44 PM
First of all, yes, it does require a command computer, and in order for players to access it, you would need to connect another normal computer via rednet for non-operator players to access it.
You can ask for such programs, and I think it does belong to Ask a Pro, but you need to keep in mind that there is really limited amount of people, who are willing to spend like 3 hours of their own time to someone else's program ;)/>

Also, there would be more communication required, as this forum allows. Some instant messaging, voice chatting or similar, because you need to provide much more information than you do right now. The programmer needs to know the plugin, or at least the commands to execute to transact money from one player to another and all that.
You also need to tackle authentication. As passwords do not fit for that really well, there should be player sensors of some form connected to the atm in order to verify the players.

It's basically a lot of work and I don't exactly see the need. I mean, I know that this is hell cool to have something like this on the server, but would players actually use that, or just do the chat commands because it seems more comfortable to do so.
Lyqyd #3
Posted 09 June 2015 - 07:56 PM
Moved to General.
majix560 #4
Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:57 PM
I have HyperConomy Version 0.975.5 by RegalOwl
And I thought maybe identify a player by sing an encrypted form of their identity stored on an immibis peripherals mag stripe card.
With their identity encryption using a two part encryption key.
The first of which only the core command block computer knows.
The other of which the players choose for themselves.
I am going to be adding this biolock/keypad peripheral mod,
so maybe use the keypad for the user-choosen part of the key.
Also the encryption/decryption should happen strictly on the core command block computer.
With the atm transmitting it the encrypted user id, their password, and what-ever transaction they need/want.
And the command block computer then decrypting and running it all.
And ofcourse and error message if the password was incorrect, and a notice to use the in-game commands if the atm is too difficult.
Although it would probably be much easier to just use a bukkit inventory gui plugin.
PokeAcer #5
Posted 12 June 2015 - 03:54 PM
I like the idea, but at the least just get a command comp which asks for username, and you can deposit/withdraw money. Oh, and choosing another's just gives/takes their money, but you can't get it - /pay, /sudo <name> pay <amount> and then log the amount?