This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Robijnvogel's profile picture

[CC1.73][OpenPeriperal1.1.1]

Started by Robijnvogel, 15 June 2015 - 09:45 PM
Robijnvogel #1
Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:45 PM
Our server that has 198 mods suddenly stopped running without leaving a crash report about 15 minutes after the loading phase.
It spammed this in the console (not in the fml log) before it simply stopped running :

CCSGPeripheral.detach: from dan200.computercraft.shared.peripheral.modem.TileCable$RemotePeripheralWrapper@679a9511
CCSGPeripheral.attach: to dan200.computercraft.shared.peripheral.modem.TileCable$RemotePeripheralWrapper@30f3ca81

CCSGPeripheral.detach: from dan200.computercraft.shared.peripheral.modem.TileCable$RemotePeripheralWrapper@30f3ca81
CCSGPeripheral.attach: to dan200.computercraft.shared.peripheral.modem.TileCable$RemotePeripheralWrapper@ff15dd9
As you see it is constantly attaching and detaching.

The only ComputerCraft Network on the server is the Greg's Stargate controller setup I have in my base, which is not chunkloaded and thus should not be doing anything at all. (and it had been running fine for weeks before I turned the chunkloader off)

Googling this problem, I only found this Github Issue:
https://github.com/OpenMods/OpenPeripheral/issues/232
They are saying that it is something on your side.
Bomb Bloke #2
Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:25 AM
Does the issue persist after rebooting your server? If so, does it occur immediately, or…?

It sounds to me like something is constantly loading and reloading a chunk that contains a ComputerCraft modem. That may or may not be triggered by ComputerCraft itself, and the modem being loaded/unloaded may or may not have something to do with your server "not running" (what did it do, instead? Close? Stall?). Usually, when chunks are loading unexpectedly it has to do with some sort of multiblock structure crossing a chunk boundary, such as eg piping systems, machines which automatically eject resources into blocks next to them, multi-block tanks, CC cable networks, stargates, and so on.

Do any other stargates exist on your server? Are they chunkloaded?

Googling this problem, I only found this Github Issue:
https://github.com/OpenMods/OpenPeripheral/issues/232
They are saying that it is something on your side.

Sorry, that appears to be unrelated to your issue.
Robijnvogel #3
Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:56 PM
Some of the info you requested:
My Stargate is not the only one on the server, however the other one does not have a ComputerCraft control setup.
My Stargate + modems + advanced computer + advanced monitors are all within one chunk. (I built the rooms in my base based on chunk boundaries)
The Stargate only needs power when it is activated, but as it is powered with RF, there are some EnderIO Conduits crossing the chunk boundary.
Furthermore, the whole Storage part of my AE system is in this same chunk and it has some Dense Cables connecting it to the rest of my AE network.
I have turned off my ChickenChunkloader with a lever and turned off my reactors and turbine, so the whole AE and power networks should be offline.

I can imagine that the Stargate could be a chunkloader itself, as it has to be reachable even when the chunk it is in is not loaded. However the address for the Stargate is bound to the chunk itself and not to the Stargate, so technically the chunk could be loaded only when dialled (if the mod dev is smart). And it has not been dialled.

Scenario:
The server was restarted. I tried to connect, but I could not (but I had really bad internet at that moment). Then twenty minutes after it came online the FML server log stopped.

I am not the one that is actually hosting the server. I just built the modpack and try to solve the problems. All I can directly access are the files and the FML server log and the vanilla server log do not show signs of any anomalies. So this is the only lead I have.
This happened once before, the run before this one, but then I wasn't told what the console said. If it said anything, that is.

(some more information is coming)

And I don't really know why I referenced that Github issue, because on second glance it is very apparent that this has nothing to do with my issue. I must have been really tired. My apologies.