This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Draku's profile picture

[Spanish] SecurByte v3.0 (with Two-Step Verification)

Started by Draku, 15 June 2015 - 11:52 PM
Draku #1
Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:52 AM
SecurByte v3.0 (Beta)

First, sorry for my bad english, I am spanish.

Features:

-> Password is hashed and not stored in startup code.
-> Support for all Computers (and turtles!).
-> Work with (almost) all OS.
-> Automated installer and uninstaller.
-> Control+T prevent.
-> Recovery code.

I'm working to implement all old-version features in new version.

How to change settings:

-> Open the Control Panel (Type ".ControlPanel" in shell)

Lost password:

-> Recovery code: write the recovery code when the program ask you for the password.

Download:

-> Spanish v3.0 BETA:

pastebin run bAWM38EE
-> English unsupported yet.

Coming soon…

-> Two-Step Verification Implemented.
-> Automatic Updater
-> New recovery options

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Notes:

Before use Two-Step Verification or open the Control Panel you need a modem in computer top.

To download the authenticator type "pastebin get 8HwGVpCJ auth" in your Advanced Pocket Computer and run it.

Bug report or suggestions:

-> Bug Tracker (don't need register or login to post an issue)
-> Write a comment.
Edited on 21 June 2015 - 07:53 AM
Creator #2
Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:18 PM
Door locks keep getting more and more sophisticated!
Cranium #3
Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:31 PM
This is nice, though I'd like to see the program without all of the shell.run commands. Still pretty cool though.
biggest yikes #4
Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:15 PM
Consider adding a salt to your password's hash, so hackers that obtain the hash can't google the hash and find out what it is in plaintext if it's a common password
Edited on 16 June 2015 - 04:17 PM
Draku #5
Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:13 PM
Thanks for the feedback :3

This is nice, though I'd like to see the program without all of the shell.run commands. Still pretty cool though.
I take note. Thx :D/>
Consider adding a salt to your password's hash, so hackers that obtain the hash can't google the hash and find out what it is in plaintext if it's a common password
Good idea, I will try to implement it in the next version

I'm currently redesigning the interface:
Spoiler

Creator #6
Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:43 PM
The interface looks great!
biggest yikes #7
Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:58 PM
Another suggestion, when the user sets a password you can have an optional "security question" which, if answered correctly, will redirect you to the password reset page. Make sure you hash the answer, too!
Edited on 17 June 2015 - 01:00 PM
wilcomega #8
Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:12 AM
but the question is just like another password but with a diffrent question, instead of asking for "password" you ask for "you mothers maiden name" or something. but in the end its still a
second backup password. for a real thing i would maybe add functionality to read a password off off a disk so you can also setup a locked door with a keycard? :)/>
LDDestroier #9
Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:40 PM
…to read a password off off a disk so you can also setup a locked door with a keycard? :)/>

Good idea…actually, a pretty awesome idea. Although having a password on a disk may not be such a good idea as it can be duplicated with ease, disks have specific IDs that can only be duplicated in creative mode. So that means that you can have a disk that NO ONE can copy, that doesn't even need to have software on it to interface with.
Draku #10
Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:59 AM
Another suggestion, when the user sets a password you can have an optional "security question" which, if answered correctly, will redirect you to the password reset page. Make sure you hash the answer, too!
This is the recovery code function :P/>

but the question is just like another password but with a diffrent question, instead of asking for "password" you ask for "you mothers maiden name" or something. but in the end its still a
second backup password. for a real thing i would maybe add functionality to read a password off off a disk so you can also setup a locked door with a keycard? :)/>
I like the idea, I'll see how to implement it

The new version supports Two-Step Verification: Video (the lag is caused for my bad computer)

I need to fix some bugs and translate it into english, but I hope to have the new version ready soon.

Sorry for my bad english :(/>
wilcomega #11
Posted 20 June 2015 - 01:15 PM
thats looks awesome!
biggest yikes #12
Posted 20 June 2015 - 09:53 PM
But the recovery code is just another password. What if the user forgets that too somehow?
Creator #13
Posted 20 June 2015 - 10:10 PM
But the recovery code is just another password. What if the user forgets that too somehow?

Then he is screwed!
biggest yikes #14
Posted 20 June 2015 - 10:13 PM
Then he is screwed!
Exactly the point of the "security question" I mentioned.
Edited on 20 June 2015 - 08:13 PM
Creator #15
Posted 20 June 2015 - 10:19 PM
Well, when you forget the password of the "I forgot my password, send the reset e-mail here e-mail account", you have a problem. And givind the "thief" more possibilies to bypass the lock, just defeats the whole purpose of it.
Draku #16
Posted 21 June 2015 - 09:57 AM
First message edited. Added link to new version (in Beta)

I'm testing new recovery options, like the security question :P/>
Creator #17
Posted 21 June 2015 - 10:02 AM
I can help you transate it from Spanish. If that is OK with you. If yes, just PM me the texts.
Draku #18
Posted 21 June 2015 - 10:12 AM
I can help you transate it from Spanish. If that is OK with you. If yes, just PM me the texts.
Thanks! :lol:/>

When I have the new version ready I send you the text :P/>
Creator #19
Posted 21 June 2015 - 10:33 AM
Sure. You are welcome!