This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
LeDark Lua's profile picture

LoveOS - Lovely and simple!

Started by LeDark Lua, 20 June 2015 - 10:17 AM
LeDark Lua #1
Posted 20 June 2015 - 12:17 PM
LoveOS

About:

I always wanted to make Operating Systems fast and easy, and then I found Lua for Minecraft [ a.k.a ComputerCraft ].

Features:

Icons [ You create an *.app in folder /Love/Apps and the os will create an Icon on desktop ]

Multi Tasking/Shell [ Run different programs at the same time ]

Desktop

Boot loader

Boot animation

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Where do I get it?

Just copy this code into your advanced computer:

pastebin get RM5FT66f installer

Comments are appreciated!
Creator #2
Posted 20 June 2015 - 12:41 PM
Looks very nice. I like the design. Just one question, aren't you using the default multi-shell?

You know the community does not appreciate that. Try making you own process manager.

Else keep up the good work and happy coding.
LeDark Lua #3
Posted 20 June 2015 - 01:27 PM
Looks very nice. I like the design. Just one question, aren't you using the default multi-shell?

You know the community does not appreciate that. Try making you own process manager.

Well ok then, but Whats the point of making my own, mine will work the same.

Edit: Ok I will try to make my own process manager.
Edited on 21 June 2015 - 07:25 AM
LeDark Lua #4
Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:12 AM

Well ok then, but Whats the point of making my own, mine will work the same.

Edit: Ok I will try to make my own process manager.
I made my own process manager, but its really slow. So ill stick with multishell.
Creator #5
Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:30 PM
Do you host the code on github? Here is my own process manager. It is not perfect, but it could give you some ideas.
LeDark Lua #6
Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:21 PM
Do you host the code on github? Here is my own process manager. It is not perfect, but it could give you some ideas.
Thanks, but yeah, your code is almost like mine, but mine is a bit begginer-ish you know, but still, I get your idea and mine worked the same.

EDIT: Checked your OmniOS, I think that could be a big thing, the code looks nice and everything, right now I can imagine how your newKernel would perform, will it be like Lyquid's Multi-Window OS or like mines or OneOS?
Edited on 22 June 2015 - 01:43 PM
Creator #7
Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:10 PM
Thanks, but yeah, your code is almost like mine, but mine is a bit begginer-ish you know, but still, I get your idea and mine worked the same.

EDIT: Checked your OmniOS, I think that could be a big thing, the code looks nice and everything, right now I can imagine how your newKernel would perform, will it be like Lyquid's Multi-Window OS or like mines or OneOS?

More like OneOS. However, I am not focussing on the looks, as much as on the functionality. As for now there is:
- Multitasking
- Coustom FS
- Directory mirroring
- Mounting (a combination)
- An awesome shell called Debug
- Many APIs

I still do not plan on releasing it since it ain't polished enough.