This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
PokeAcer's profile picture

Cloud Base Security

Started by PokeAcer, 11 July 2015 - 06:45 PM
PokeAcer #1
Posted 11 July 2015 - 08:45 PM
Hi all,
I've been working on this code for a bit and I've finally been able to release it
Cloud Base Security - Access all doors with the same password using the cloud
This uses Forgotten_Boy's amazing ComputerCraft Cloud Chest service for password storage, an SHA256 API (I use pastebin account so editing, yay!) and the CCCC service API.
It will auto-download the APIs for you.
Setup Program -
pastebin get MDt56RdY setup 
Door Program -
pastebin get 8fyFyw3B startup

How to Setup:
SpoilerGo to https://boomtree.com/cx4 and get the API key for your chest.
Download the setup and door files and edit the chest number and API key (do NOT put the number in a string) to match yours (Choose 0 IMO) - In door program remember to set direction of door in a string.
Run setup program and type a password in, and wait for the program to encrypt and upload the key to the cloud. Then, run the door program and type the same password in and if it says 'Correct! Opening door' then you've done it correctly
Edited on 11 July 2015 - 07:44 PM
MKlegoman357 #2
Posted 11 July 2015 - 09:25 PM
Here's a sha256 implementation in pure Lua specifically written for ComputerCraft.
PokeAcer #3
Posted 11 July 2015 - 09:32 PM
Thanks!
I'll be looking into this, however ~200 lines of code will now be added…
EDIT: The software now uses sha256 and where the sha api used to be loaded is the 193 lines of code for SHA (Don't worry, the api key, direction and chest number variables are at the top like before to make it easier.
Edited on 11 July 2015 - 07:45 PM
Forgotten_Boy #4
Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:37 AM
Cool! Still no solution for when Creepers go boom. :D/> Also, I'm pretty sure Creepers never carry around rainbow tables for SHA256…
PokeAcer #5
Posted 12 July 2015 - 10:01 AM
Cool! Still no solution for when Creepers go boom. :D/> Also, I'm pretty sure Creepers never carry around rainbow tables for SHA256…
True, this program is effective, but as creepers may not explode on some servers…. xD
However it's effectiveness is halved by HTTP (casually grabbing the SHA pass xD) but that's a CC thing.
It uses pastebin to download the cx4 API and what was ~16 lines of code thanks to API imports is now 207.
PokeAcer #6
Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:16 AM
FIXED - Forgot to remove the fs.exists("sha") from when it used SHA1. So it works again now.