This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Riddle's profile picture

Non-Begginer Turtles Not allowing Edit

Started by Riddle, 11 July 2015 - 11:58 PM
Riddle #1
Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:58 AM
I am having trouble using the edit function in the regular turtles while using ComputerCraftEdu. Is this fixable or is this a glitch? Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,
Mr. Riddle
Bomb Bloke #2
Posted 12 July 2015 - 04:09 AM
"Trouble" in what way?
Riddle #3
Posted 12 July 2015 - 04:25 PM
Not sure if this is an issue with our computers at school, but when the students attempt to edit in a regular turtle they get a black screen like the turtle is turned off. They cannot see any lines of code, this happens both when they create a new program and when they attempt to edit an existing program in the turtle. We have no problem when doing this in the regular computercraft, the error only occured after we switched to ComputerCraftEdu.
Bomb Bloke #4
Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:35 AM
I'm not certain what would trigger this; I haven't been able to replicate that behaviour with my own system.

Exactly which ComputerCraft and/or ComputerCraftEdu files do you have in your mods folder - what are their names? (There should be only one - ComputerCraftPlusComputerCraftEdu1.74.jar, so if you have others, move them out of there and give it another try.)

Are you using MineCraft, or MineCraftEdu?
Riddle #5
Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:24 PM
I was using the version you listed. I was able to fix this issue by deleting and reinstalling the program on the computers having the issue. We are no longer experiencing this problem.
MKlegoman357 #6
Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:43 PM
I was using the version you listed. I was able to fix this issue by deleting and reinstalling the program on the computers having the issue. We are no longer experiencing this problem.

What program exactly?