This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Hiran's profile picture

[AE2 + Blood Magic] Automatic Ballad of Alchemy

Started by Hiran, 12 July 2015 - 02:40 PM
Hiran #1
Posted 12 July 2015 - 04:40 PM
Here's something that players who use Blood Magic mod will be interested in. Now you don't need to create large build to automate this ritual, just computer and a few proxies will do the trick.

http://imgur.com/b1fTEhU
This is how fully automated ritual looks like. Simple, isnt it? :)/>

Here's the code:
http://pastebin.com/M8H10GUF

Some stuff about it:
This code only automates altar above ritual. You still have to provide ingredients yourself.
Theoretically you can craft all ingredients in one ritual. Program will prioritize stuff that are needed to craft something, so if you have enough redstone etc. you will never get stuck.
This app requires Applied Energistics 2 to work, because it treats AE network as storage.
This program will only automate 1 ritual. If you want to have more than one ritual, you have to create more computers etc.

How to use:
Download the code and run it. You will see information about file being created.
Type:

edit config.cfg
and edit file to suit your needs. If you want to disable ingredient just delete specific section.
Launch app again.
That's everything.

Edit:
Minor fixes.

Edit 2:
Another set of minor fixes.
Edited on 24 July 2015 - 08:47 AM
knoxz #2
Posted 16 February 2016 - 10:30 PM
does this still work? Tested it on the recent version of infinity.
I got an arrayIndexOutOfBount at line 419.

Added some debug (print(item.id) before the line to see which items its searching. if any items are missing or something else, but it just spams coal and gunpowder over and over until there is an outOfBounds exception.
IceCupe123 #3
Posted 25 April 2016 - 01:48 PM
dont work dont put a item in the altar
Hiran #4
Posted 12 November 2016 - 07:58 AM
I fixed it. Its not heavily tested, But it should right now work.
Torphage #5
Posted 04 July 2017 - 04:19 PM
This is a fairly old thread but I really got interested in your program here, as I've been trying to automate blood magic myself. With that being said I'm not good when it comes to myself at all programing, especially not writing the code myself. I find it much easier to understand/tweak others creations if I do something that involves code. I downloaded the code but couldn't really figure out how it worked/what it did more specifically. I was just wondering if you could explain more on what your code actually does with the automation of the altar.

What I'm confused about is how you choose what item to make with the automation (if it even is supposed to do that :P/>)

Also, the first times I've only been getting error message: "Missing item in chest: Coal", but if I understand the program correctly coal isn't even supposed to be in the altar in any crafting recipe..?

Anyway I hope I'm not too much of a hassle, help would be appreciated but not necessary. :)/>