This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Nhorr's profile picture

[discontinued] NhUI - A Noobish GUI

Started by Nhorr, 16 July 2015 - 01:52 PM
Nhorr #1
Posted 16 July 2015 - 03:52 PM
Taking down this project for now.

Thinking about taking a step back and making a more DOS-like approach for another OS that will be closer to shell with added functionality.

I'll probably come back to this sometime later. Once I do, I'll post the link to the new thread.
Until then, take care, and happy coding.
Edited on 11 February 2016 - 02:06 PM
Cranium #2
Posted 16 July 2015 - 04:22 PM
Moved to APIs/Utilities.
flaghacker #3
Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:37 PM
I suggest you to post a couple of screenshots, to show what your api looks like.

Thanks for the credit btw ;)/>
Nhorr #4
Posted 17 July 2015 - 04:28 PM
I suggest you to post a couple of screenshots, to show what your api looks like.

Thanks for the credit btw ;)/>
Thanks, I'll probably get some up later today!

And hey, I give credit where it's due - you suggested less load times, and I think it's vastly improved ;)/>
Think the load-times are less annoying this time around? :P/>
Edited on 18 July 2015 - 11:23 AM
biggest yikes #5
Posted 18 July 2015 - 10:19 PM
So.. how is this useful? I can't even use the menus because when I let go of them they close themselves, and really I can't do a thing with them anyway.
Nhorr #6
Posted 19 July 2015 - 01:32 AM
So.. how is this useful? I can't even use the menus because when I let go of them they close themselves, and really I can't do a thing with them anyway.
Are you using CraftOS 1.5? I know that problem occurs in 1.7.
And like I said, if you're actually looking for usefulness I'm afraid that's not what NhUI is (at least not yet, by v1a it should be very useful, as simple as the UI itself is in appearance)
Sorry :/
Edited on 18 July 2015 - 11:39 PM
lolmaker2002 #7
Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:53 AM
i took a look at your code and it looks like you made this with NDJay's tutorial xD (i use this 2)
biggest yikes #8
Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:52 PM
Are you using CraftOS 1.5? I know that problem occurs in 1.7.
And like I said, if you're actually looking for usefulness I'm afraid that's not what NhUI is (at least not yet, by v1a it should be very useful, as simple as the UI itself is in appearance)
Sorry :/
Yes, I understand there's not much to do with it, but if it doesn't support ComputerCraft 1.7 it's pretty much useless since pretty much 0% of the computercraft community still uses 1.5.
i took a look at your code and it looks like you made this with NDJay's tutorial xD (i use this 2)
If you're going to make an NDFJay clone, please don't make the mistake that NDFJay did at the very least. If you're going to make an NDFJay clone, you probably shouldn't.
Edited on 20 July 2015 - 02:57 PM
Nhorr #9
Posted 26 July 2015 - 01:51 AM

I learned the basic desktop from it - hence why he's in the big thanks to list - besides that, most of it is a lot of code exploring and testing :)/>

If you're going to make an NDFJay clone, please don't make the mistake that NDFJay did at the very least. If you're going to make an NDFJay clone, you probably shouldn't.

(As mentioned above - started with NDFJay's first two basic vids, and stopped after the first dektop tut.)
Edited on 25 July 2015 - 11:53 PM
biggest yikes #10
Posted 26 July 2015 - 06:32 PM
(As mentioned above - started with NDFJay's first two basic vids, and stopped after the first dektop tut.)
It wasn't directed to you ._.
Nhorr #11
Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:10 AM
It wasn't directed to you ._.

I'm… oh, ok… :3