This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Terra1's profile picture

installing mods on a server

Started by Terra1, 26 July 2015 - 05:46 PM
Terra1 #1
Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:46 PM
i need help installing mods on a new server that i created (mcprohosting dirt server)
i need help finding out where to install the mods
and if it helps it is also using a development version of bukkit (yes i know bukkit is unsupported on the CC forums)
minecraft version 1.7.10
any help?
Lupus590 #2
Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:32 PM
For a forge server you just create a folder called "mods" in the same folder as the server launcher and place the mods in that folder very much like you would on a client.

No idea about bukket-forge servers though.
H4X0RZ #3
Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:54 PM
Cauldron servers are essentially forge servers, but they also support the Bukkit API, so it's the same as with a plain forge server.
DannySMc #4
Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:15 PM
Cauldron servers are essentially forge servers, but they also support the Bukkit API, so it's the same as with a plain forge server.

Yeah they work the same, you have a plugins and mods folder, same applies, we run cauldron. You add plugins to the plugins folder and mods to the mods folder… :D/>
Terra1 #5
Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:18 PM
i am not doing a local server i am doing a commercially hosted mcprohosting server on the dirt plan
DannySMc #6
Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:22 PM
i am not doing a local server i am doing a commercially hosted mcprohosting server on the dirt plan

Does not matter, you can use ftp to send the files up.

Can I just say if you are using the dirt plan, how many mods will you have?
DannySMc #7
Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:28 PM
Can I just say some advice,

Our server used to have 40 mods and 4 plugins, with 1GB of RAM and it was laggy and ran really slowly. 512MB may not work… I would suggest using a GB AT LEAST.
Terra1 #8
Posted 26 July 2015 - 10:53 PM

Our server used to have 40 mods and 4 plugins, with 1GB of RAM and it was laggy and ran really slowly. 512MB may not work… I would suggest using a GB AT LEAST.
CC OC (maybe) industrialcraft or buildcraft and big reactors and mrcrayfishes furniture mod
also i have 3 plugins currently and planning to have 1 more as a plot mod
DannySMc #9
Posted 26 July 2015 - 11:01 PM

CC OC (maybe) industrialcraft or buildcraft and big reactors and mrcrayfishes furniture mod
also i have 3 plugins currently and planning to have 1 more as a plot mod

Well like I said you may get bad lag… Just because half a GB may not be enough… But good luck anyway :)/>
Terra1 #10
Posted 26 July 2015 - 11:33 PM
i am using BukGet for my plugins and i have NO idea how to install mods on ANY server even normal non commercially hosted servers
i need a full tutorial
and i will be opening this server up to the public
ill create a dummy server topic in general for the server and then asked for it to be moved to general/servers later after the mods are installed
valithor #11
Posted 27 July 2015 - 03:52 AM
I personally have never used mcprohosting, and I doubt many others if any here have either, so I am going to request a screenshot of what you see right after you login to the console. I am assuming it is the same as my host, since they say they use a modified version of multicraft, but since it is a modified version it might be different in ways that make it hard for you to follow.

If you want to try to do it without posting a screenshot then refer to steps below, otherwise post a screenshot. There is nothing saying that everything will be the same between your host and mine despite them using the same software to handle the console.

You will need to download any mod you want to upload to the server onto your computer (save you a location you will be able to find)

Basically there are a few steps you have to do.
1. Make sure you are running a jar file that supports both bukkit and forge (either cauldron or mcpc+)
2. Find the FTP access button on the console, and login to ftp using the same password you use to login to the console
3. Check to see if there is already a mods folder, if there is not, then create one
4. Click on the mods folder to navigate into it.
5. Hit the upload button and select the mods you want to upload.
6. Hit upload
7. ???
8. Profit

If you do not know how to manage a server at all then it might be smart for you to download the jar file and everything you would need onto your computer and at least play around with it before trying to do it through ftp.
Edited on 27 July 2015 - 01:53 AM
Terra1 #12
Posted 27 July 2015 - 04:04 AM
Server Mods Installed!
Terra1 #13
Posted 27 July 2015 - 04:19 AM
http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/24159-new-server-coming-up-by-me/