This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
TheOddByte's profile picture

[MoarPeripherals] Teams - Groupchat program

Started by TheOddByte, 03 August 2015 - 11:31 PM
TheOddByte #1
Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:31 AM
So I saw this today, and wanted to create something for the chatbox in MoarPeripherals, then I thought of this team-like program, where you could create teams, join teams and generally chat with those in your team, as I'm not really sure of what to specify this program as, I'm just going to say that it's a groupchat program for now.

I'm posting this here in hope of getting some feedback and suggestions on how I can improve the program, aswell as bug reports.

InstallationFirst of all, you need to install MoarPeripherals if you haven't already, you can find it here: http://www.computerc...oarperipherals/
After you've installed MoarPeripherals you want to edit the config of it, otherwise the program will error due to the limitation of messages that can be sent per second, so what you want todo is to find this line in MoarPeripherals.cfg

I:sayRate=1
and change that to

I:sayRate=10

Now let's go on to the final step, downloading the program.
Run this command and you're all set

pastebin get kTa6NgDE teams
Commands

##team help <-command>
##team list
##team create <name> <-password>
##team join <name> <-password>
##team say <text>
##team info
##team members
##team removepassword
##team setpassword <password>
##team kick <username> <-reason>
##team ban <username> <-reason>
##team unban <username>
##team disband confirm <-password>
Changelog

1.0 - 2015-08-04 - Initial release
Known bugsNone currently, I hope it stays that way.
theoriginalbit #2
Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:36 AM
Very nice! I'm glad to see people using the ChatBox for some awesome things :)/>
TheOddByte #3
Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:15 AM
Very nice! I'm glad to see people using the ChatBox for some awesome things :)/>
Thanks, I've had a hard time coming up with ideas lately, so I'm glad someone likes it :P/>
Edited on 04 August 2015 - 01:15 AM
MarioBrosFTW #4
Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:48 AM
hmm seems intresting i might use it