This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
BowWhalley's profile picture

BowOS

Started by BowWhalley, 15 August 2015 - 12:20 AM
BowWhalley #1
Posted 15 August 2015 - 02:20 AM
Hello, This OS is still a W.I.P by far but I thought I would let others still see how it looks so far.

Note This OS only works in 1.74+, using this in 1.73 or lower will not work and you will just get an error :P/>

Currently all I have finnished is,
  • LoginScreen.
  • HomeScreen
  • CommandBlock Accouncer (I am not responsible if you get in trouble for using this)
  • Custom API for OS and PrivateUse (Not to be re-distributed by others, and I may add more functions to it)
Currently what I am planning to add is,
  • Calculator
  • Games (Not highest priority :P/>)
  • and probably more :P/>
This is my first OS so somethings can probably be improved :P/>
If you have any suggestions or tips, please leave them below as they will help me out.

Installer: pastebin run xVmpTesr (Cool coincidence that it looks like 'test' as this is my first os :D/>)

There is also a cool easter egg in the installer :D/>

EDIT (21st/8/2015): I am not continuing this project, I have come to realise that what I wanted it to function does not really count as an OS and it really has limited functions. I will instead be making a console with just games on it. When it is done it will likely be linked in my signature below :)/>
Edited on 20 August 2015 - 11:21 PM
cyanisaac #2
Posted 15 August 2015 - 03:08 AM
Ok, I think calling this AutismOS in the OS is a bit insensitive IMO.

There is also a lack of simple guidance on how to use the OS. I really have no idea how to use this. How exactly does it work?
BowWhalley #3
Posted 15 August 2015 - 05:07 AM
Ok, I think calling this AutismOS in the OS is a bit insensitive IMO.

There is also a lack of simple guidance on how to use the OS. I really have no idea how to use this. How exactly does it work?
I called it AutismOS cause I have Autism but I am happy to remove it.

Also thanks for the tip, I will be putting out screenshots and a guide as soon as I get the HomeScreen done :)/>
Creator #4
Posted 15 August 2015 - 01:36 PM
This explanation is simply amazing! Be sure to put a lot of effort into it!
BowWhalley #5
Posted 16 August 2015 - 05:03 AM
The program is now 80% completed :D/> If you have any questions and/or suggestions please leave them here in the reply section :)/>
jakejakey #6
Posted 03 September 2015 - 02:09 PM
It's completely broken but,

It's a nice operating system however I had problems installing it and even when I finished when it booted I ran into an error, screenAPI was named incorrectly, then once I renamed it, It still wouldn't boot because you cannot use term.getTextColor() or term.getBackgroundColor(). Once I fixed most instances of that I got to the password part, it rebooted then crashed.
HPWebcamAble #7
Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:40 PM
It still wouldn't boot because you cannot use term.getTextColor() or term.getBackgroundColor()

So you weren't using CC 1.74? It clearly states this only works in 1.74+
CaosTECH #8
Posted 07 September 2015 - 01:42 AM
Hey BowWahlley, remember me? Im BornForBattle from that server we played, I am liking this OS and would like to help you with it, Comment back or PM me if you would/wouldn't want me included in thsi project
jakejakey #9
Posted 25 October 2015 - 12:59 AM
It still wouldn't boot because you cannot use term.getTextColor() or term.getBackgroundColor()

So you weren't using CC 1.74? It clearly states this only works in 1.74+
Sorry, I realised that when I heard about term.getColour().
jakejakey #10
Posted 24 November 2015 - 10:25 PM
Well it's nice, but the color choices are questionable :P/>
Seems like a little bit of a lack of functions, I think it only has two functional features:
- Login Password System
- Command Block Announcer
! Calculator is a button but returns an error when pressed.

And, if you have closed the operating system, you should state that at the top of your post
BowWhalley #11
Posted 02 August 2016 - 04:33 PM
Just re-joined this site after nearly a whole year, I forgot how moderation works, but may an admin or someone please remove this post as It is old, I removed the code from my paste bin & I abandoned this project a year ago.