This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Goof's profile picture

[MikkLock] 'secure' your computer with a password [Flare]

Started by Goof, 23 August 2015 - 09:22 AM
Goof #1
Posted 23 August 2015 - 11:22 AM
After the release of Flare, i got into the mood of making some small "neat" utilities/games with the framework.

I wanted to make the sequel to my previous AdvLock (nobody remembers) utility, which were quite a success.
So i made MikkLock, which features redstone outputs, Secured passwords stored in encrypted form, even salted and hashed, so no body can gain access to the real password.

There is no password resetting option, since that would be a huge vulnerability, but let me know, if its really needed.

The pastebin has been updated, to remove a big security issue*. please redownload to get the latest, secure build of MikkLock

Screenies
Spoiler

Prerequisites
  • Advanced Computer
Features
  • Animations
  • Secure password hashing
  • Configuration file encrypted
  • Redstone output
  • Simple UI
  • Non-terminateable
Installation
  • type this into the terminal, and press enter
  • pastebin get iBfbFrgm startup
  • Setup is simple, and tells you what to do
  • Pastebin link
To do
  • Maybe add ability to reset the password
  • non-colour support? (Yes/no?)
Any suggestions are appreciated
Edited on 27 August 2015 - 05:38 PM
LDDestroier #2
Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:04 PM
Non-color computer support would be a nice addition. I make sure to add that to all of my programs. In fact, in 1.74, grayscale is added to noncolor computers. You can check if it's 1.74 if the variable _CC_VERSION exists.

EDIT: I can give you some code to make it so you can't delete the program after it has been ran, if you want.
Edited on 27 August 2015 - 06:05 PM
Goof #3
Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:10 PM
EDIT: I can give you some code to make it so you can't delete the program after it has been ran, if you want.
Well. you dont need to give me any code for protecting that program… i'll make up something :P/>

Non-colour support will *maybe* work, soon'ish.
Exerro #4
Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:34 PM
Yeah I'll add it into flare by default soon.