This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
cyanisaac's profile picture

sMod v0.2 for CraftOS - Back to Basics [now with optional config]

Started by cyanisaac, 24 August 2015 - 06:38 PM
cyanisaac #1
Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:38 PM

sCraftOS - Back to Basics

sCraftOS is a very basic OS that is built to be simple but helpful. The "s" stands for super.

Features
  • Line Highlighting technology created by ProjectB.
  • All in one file
  • Compatible with CC1.6 and CC1.7
Download

pastebin get 6Mr8SxcX startup

(you can save the file anywhere, startup is for most users).

Credits

Most of the code is mine.

Special thanks to ProjectB for his line highlighting technology.

License

Feel free to use this however you like.

If you distribute this or a modification of this please credit both ProjectB and I.
Edited on 29 August 2015 - 05:29 AM
cyanisaac #2
Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:57 PM
For those of you who are wondering, this is not my secret project, this has been a side project that I started back when I was working on OpenTerminalOS. I've just decided to release it because it's a good improvement to the default shell.
Cloud Ninja #3
Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:35 PM
So it highlights lines? Thats it? Honestly, if it had anything else but a few context commands and line highlighting, it might be worth something
cyanisaac #4
Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:07 AM
So it highlights lines? Thats it? Honestly, if it had anything else but a few context commands and line highlighting, it might be worth something

The entire point of this is to be very, very, very simple. In fact it's so simple it's trying to be a lightweight alternative to O, and it's not like O is very huge either.

I'm working on a much better OS atm that's much larger, but I figured I would release this.

LATE EDIT: Also you have to keep in mind that this OS is limited in the fact that it doesn't interact with files outside of itself. I cannot allow it to save outside of the file, or it completely ruins the point of the OS. As well, any code that I write needs to be jumbled into the same file. So it can become unwieldy if I add too much to it.
Edited on 25 August 2015 - 04:13 PM
cyanisaac #5
Posted 25 August 2015 - 06:49 PM

v0.11 update! Changelog down below:

v0.11 changelog
  • Cleaned up the code a bit.
  • Changed the default colors to a cyan background and white text theme. This can be changed by modifying the code itself, at some point I will have an optional config system.
  • Patch for potential termination issue.
  • Disabled termination from the shell, but allowed termination from programs. Note that this is not superterminate, if a program disallows termination it will not be enabled for said program in sCraftOS.
  • Reworked the version number, we are at v0.11 not v1.0 lol.
  • Reworked the about program.
  • Made the initial line highlight dynamically so as not to become incompatible with platforms.

And now for a simple list of what is going to come up in the next version:

Upcoming Features
  • Optional config file that can be loaded. It will exist as "config" in the same directory as sMod is located, and if sMod detects it it will try to load all the settings available from it.
  • Better more standardized way of handling the virtual programs sCraft contains.
  • A better ls program (not guaranteed to be included)

Enjoy the update to this mini-OS!
cyanisaac #6
Posted 27 August 2015 - 09:26 PM
sMod 0.2 for CraftOS 1.6+ has been released! Here's the changelog:
Changelog
  • Config file has been added! Simply make a valid textutils.unserialize compatible table in the file "/.sModConfig", and define the values textColor, backgroundColor, warnColor, and errorColor (you can safely ignore setting values and they will remain default).
  • ls program has been ported from OpenTerminalOS/OpenTerminalOS:F. It should be fully compatible, and can be accessed with the "list" or "ls"

Enjoy the update!
cyanisaac #7
Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:53 PM
Nvm
Edited on 24 October 2015 - 09:09 PM