This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
cardinal Lucius's profile picture

CharmingHouse

Started by cardinal Lucius, 30 August 2015 - 07:53 PM
cardinal Lucius #1
Posted 30 August 2015 - 09:53 PM
Hi guys,

i just wanted to share this small program with you.
What does it do? - Building just a small House.

how to set up:

Spoilerput sufficient fuel in the turtle and refuel it with 'refuel all'

place chest and mining turtle like displayed in the picture:
Spoiler

then fill the chest with the contents below: !Order is important

Spoiler

now get the program on the turtle from pastebin - i46GCZUF
and get it running :D/>

vids:

Spoiler[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS89h1VMZ7s[/media]

you can slightly exchange the block types for variation, just don't mix up the order ;-)

edit: requires fueled turtle & at least cc 1.6 (thanks Bomb Bloke!)

Have fun watching!
Edited on 28 May 2016 - 03:58 PM
brian321 #2
Posted 07 September 2015 - 08:36 PM
This doesnt work for me, all the turtle does is look around, break the block under him and then displays an error " 91: attemp to call nil"

Am I doing something wrong? All the items are in the correct spot

Thanks
valithor #3
Posted 09 September 2015 - 04:36 AM
This doesnt work for me, all the turtle does is look around, break the block under him and then displays an error " 91: attemp to call nil"

Am I doing something wrong? All the items are in the correct spot

Thanks

For the just looking around part, did you make sure to put fuel in the turtle? Without fuel the turtle is unable to move, unless if fuel is disabled in your CC config file.

From looking at the code, it would not error on line 91. Make sure you have posted the correct error message, and have not modified the code in any way.
cardinal Lucius #4
Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:13 PM
Oh yeah, right! I forgot to implement fuel support in any way, because i always used the fueled named one…
Quickfix: just put in some fuel into the turtle and use the basic "refuel" program
Darinpsr #5
Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:52 PM
Just ran the house program. it built the fence and then moved to the first wall and stopped. displayed house:95: attempt to call nil

any ideas? I put the same material and quantity in the exact order you did in the picture. Thank You
Bomb Bloke #6
Posted 25 September 2015 - 01:23 AM
This script requires at least ComputerCraft 1.6, which introduced line 95's turtle.getSelectedSlot(). My guess is that you're on something earlier than that.
subzero22 #7
Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:58 PM
You should make it so they make roads outside the fence so when you get multiple houses together like that they can be connected by the roads also. Love this program