This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Zacherl1990's profile picture

Efficent Big Reactors Controller (actively cooled)

Started by Zacherl1990, 09 September 2015 - 06:09 PM
Zacherl1990 #1
Posted 09 September 2015 - 08:09 PM
Hey there,

I just wanted to share my Big Reactors control program (yeah, another one :P/>). It's working with multiple turbines connected and got some unique features like control rod insertion based on the number of active turbines.

To make this as simple and efficent as possible, I decided not to implement any kind of monitor output. The computer itself prints some debug messages, but thats it. For now, you will need an external monitor program, but I might implement a Bedrock based solution in the future.

Features:
  • Controls one actively cooled reactor and 1..n turbines.
  • Enables power production on demand based on the fill level of an energy storage.
  • Keeps turbines spinning near their desired speed while idling.
  • Automatically adjusts control rods based on the number of active turbines at a certain time.
Screenshot:

Download:
http://pastebin.com/061N5tH9

Just connect the computer to one reactor, one external energy storage (Capacitor Bank from EnderIO or Energy Core from Draconic Evolution) and at least one turbine with wired modems and you are ready to go.

Best regards
Zacherl
Edited on 19 May 2016 - 08:55 PM
HadesDurin #2
Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:22 AM
can you provide more screens of your setup and is your program able to keep speed of turbines constant at 1800 (900) rpm with auto engaging coils? Edit: can you include an option to use it without the ender io capacitor banki use the draconic evolution energy storage (can store ~2 TRF)
Edited on 23 September 2015 - 04:35 PM
Zacherl1990 #3
Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:54 PM
can you provide more screens of your setup and is your program able to keep speed of turbines constant at 1800 (900) rpm with auto engaging coils? Edit: can you include an option to use it without the ender io capacitor banki use the draconic evolution energy storage (can store ~2 TRF)

Sorry for late reply. The script now supports the Capacitor Bank from EnderIO AND the Energy Core from Draconic Evolution. If you don't want to use an external energy storage at all, simply don't connect one and the turbines internal energy buffer is used.

More screenshots:

Don't care about the gold blocks in the reactor. They can be air without effecting the design.