This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
CaosTECH's profile picture

CodeIt Contest [Credits In Description]

Started by CaosTECH, 18 September 2015 - 09:03 PM
CaosTECH #1
Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:03 PM
CodeIt was a game I played on a server, where the contest was to make a program under the topic that was given. The game was made by BowWhalley and I am just re-creating it on the forums.

Rules:
SpoilerThe rules are here:
1. No Plagiarism (Play-Ger-Rism) (copying someone elses work)
2. The Program Must Be Made Under The Topic
3. No Being Mean To Others If There Program Is Not As Good As You Expected

WINNERS:
SpoilerThe Winners will be displayed here as well as a pastebin code for their program

The game starts whenever enough people volunteer (ie: pm'ing me to join or asking in comments)

Whenever The Topic Is Made, It Will Appear Below With The Due Date.
———————————\
An Installer, Doesnt Matter What it installs |
At The End Of September. |
———————————/
Post pastebin links in comments at the end of September
Edited on 24 September 2015 - 10:32 PM
H4X0RZ #2
Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:06 PM
sounds interesting. May I join?
KingofGamesYami #3
Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:42 PM
Sounds fun. I might do it if I have time.
CaosTECH #4
Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:44 PM
@H4X0RZ Yes you can join! Make sure to tell your friends!
CaosTECH #5
Posted 19 September 2015 - 12:20 AM
Ok, game has started, Check post for the Topic and Due date, anybody new can join in, but upload the pastebin link once the due date is reached.
Waitdev_ #6
Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:16 AM
i'm somewhat late, imma just start making something
biggest yikes #7
Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:25 PM
I didn't volunteer but I have an awesome "installer", can't wait to release it :P/>
Edited on 21 September 2015 - 08:25 PM
SquidDev #8
Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:01 PM
I rewrote something I started about 6 months ago now. This is a 'web build' system for Howl - it downloads a GitHub repository and builds the project on the current system.

You can get webbuild through pastebin: pastebin get RcfW98XL webbuild
To run it, simply specify the repo and branch name: webbuild SquidDev-CC/Howl build.

Once the task has run, it will prompt for another task to be run, in case it fails or you ran the wrong one. You can specify the –once flag to disable this. This then allows for a pretty nice installer for a project: pastebin run RcfW98XL SquidDev-CC/Howl build –once. This has the advantage that you don't have to upload a built version of your code to pastebin every time you change something, as the installer always fetches the latest code.

I'm probably going to look into a way of specifying files to preserve. Currently it keeps all build artefacts and it would be better to only keep one specific file, such as the minified result.
CaosTECH #9
Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:22 AM
I didn't volunteer but I have an awesome "installer", can't wait to release it :P/>
You can join in anytime, you can just post the pastebin link when the Due Date is reached.
CaosTECH #10
Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:30 AM
I rewrote something I started about 6 months ago now. This is a 'web build' system for Howl - it downloads a GitHub repository and builds the project on the current system.

You can get webbuild through pastebin: pastebin get RcfW98XL webbuild
To run it, simply specify the repo and branch name: webbuild SquidDev-CC/Howl build.

Once the task has run, it will prompt for another task to be run, in case it fails or you ran the wrong one. You can specify the –once flag to disable this. This then allows for a pretty nice installer for a project: pastebin run RcfW98XL SquidDev-CC/Howl build –once. This has the advantage that you don't have to upload a built version of your code to pastebin every time you change something, as the installer always fetches the latest code.

I'm probably going to look into a way of specifying files to preserve. Currently it keeps all build artefacts and it would be better to only keep one specific file, such as the minified result.
Whenever I run the pastebin run RcfW98XL SquidDev-CC/Howl build –once
it says : RcfW98XL:73: unexpected argument –once ,
Am I supposed to use another argument?
Also whenever I ran the webbuild SquidDev-CC/Howl build
it says this:
[attachment=2384:codeit fail !.png]

Btw I love the installer to where it shows the % and files its downloaded and how many it needs to download.
Just waiting on other people to upload there pastebin links and on The Due Date I will judge them and upload the winners pastebin link to the post under the spoiler WINNERS
Waitdev_ #11
Posted 26 September 2015 - 01:08 AM
mine is still going, but it won't connect to the set link
Waitdev_ #12
Posted 26 September 2015 - 01:29 AM
well, i've finished.. now to add more stuff & things
SquidDev #13
Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:44 AM

Ahh, I uploaded an older version to pastebin which didn't include the –once flag. I'll update it now.
I can't reproduce the issue with not finding the Howlfile, very odd…
Waitdev_ #14
Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:52 AM
this doesn't have too much things, if its an installer it has to be a working installer.
basically, you edit the installer program and make your installer the way it should be. it doesn't have all the features possible, like dir making and link checking, but it works. though, if i want to work on it more and people want to see it i may release it.

pastebin get MRBc4MT3 [program name]
its that simple. also, i've uploaded it 2 days late. i way away for a bit and i didn't realize until today.
CaosTECH #15
Posted 03 October 2015 - 12:35 AM
Its okay, it hasnt ended yet, once its ended I will put a post saying "ENDED" but when I typed the program above "pastebin" it failed to get it from pastebin
CaosTECH #16
Posted 04 October 2015 - 10:19 PM
ENDED
Lyqyd #17
Posted 04 October 2015 - 10:39 PM
Locked by request.