This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Forgotten_Boy's profile picture

Opened my garage door from inside Minecraft

Started by Forgotten_Boy, 02 October 2015 - 10:13 PM
Forgotten_Boy #1
Posted 03 October 2015 - 12:13 AM
Connected redstone to Boomtree via ComputerCraft of course, then Boomtree to LittleBits which has a servo that I attached to my garage door opener.
http://s3.amazonaws..../Littlebits.mp4

Fast forward to 21:00 to see it happen. The first twenty minutes demonstrate how to build this using Boomtree. LittleBits are just releasing their own mod to do the same thing which is a little nicer, so this is mostly for a Boomtree / ComputerCraft reference now.

Youtube link, in case that raw file host doesn't work for you.
Edited on 03 October 2015 - 05:03 AM
Geforce Fan #2
Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:15 PM
This is the most useful thing I've ever seen. I've forever pondered how I could open my garage door from inside minecraft, and it looks like this is the answer. No longer will I have to press physical buttons, expect the keyboard and mouse, to open my garage door. You've simplified this process from 1 step to 27 easy steps. Bravo sir, bravo.
But anyway, neat.
Edited on 04 October 2015 - 06:15 PM
Forgotten_Boy #3
Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:54 PM
Usefulness was not a criteria! Actually though, it would be interesting to build a home interface in Minecraft; I'd prefer that to a typical app/software/menu pile. Feeding a Minecraft cat feeds the real cat, perhaps.
There are actually businesses based around opening your real world doors via internet app (so you can let in delivery people while at work); this is just DIY. Yes, the Minecraft step is purely for show.
biggest yikes #4
Posted 04 October 2015 - 09:15 PM
Now we just need a virtual home that controls your real home. That would be neat.
Waitdev_ #5
Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:32 AM
Now we just need a virtual home that controls your real home. That would be neat.
that's the first time i've upvoted a reply :P/>
Konlab #6
Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:47 PM
Usefulness was not a criteria! Actually though, it would be interesting to build a home interface in Minecraft; I'd prefer that to a typical app/software/menu pile. Feeding a Minecraft cat feeds the real cat, perhaps.
There are actually businesses based around opening your real world doors via internet app (so you can let in delivery people while at work); this is just DIY. Yes, the Minecraft step is purely for show.
Lol feeding a mineceaft cat feeds a real cat
XD
My cat would die (I dont feed cats in MC)
wilcomega #7
Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:01 PM
Guys you're getting it all wrong, we need a real home that controls a virtual one!