This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Waitdev_'s profile picture

Spam account?

Started by Waitdev_, 07 October 2015 - 12:36 AM
Waitdev_ #1
Posted 07 October 2015 - 02:36 AM
i know there were tones of spammers in the status updates, but i found something strange.

this has the wrong colour, meaning i can't view it. its just a link, with no replies or views, and seems to be the user's only post. this is when i looked at all the tagged 'pocket' programs, and its something i don't exactly understand.

moderators or admins, if this has already been solved and isn't an issue please forgive me.

again, its the only post they have and its a thread. they've managed to get past the new account restriction.
isochronous #2
Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:55 PM
I know this isn't exactly related, but I'm a new user so can't post a separate thread yet… but my issue is related to spam protection, so I figured what the heck. Anyway, I just wanted to suggest that the "human detection" questions related to computercraft crafting recipes include links to the relevant wiki pages. Spam bots won't know to follow the links (or be able to find the answers in them), but it would save a bit of hassle for real human users. It might also be a good idea to make sure the answers aren't case-sensitive, as my first question was "what do you craft with a turtle to make a crafty turtle?" I put in "crafting table" and got an error. I'm 99% sure I spelled it correctly, so the only thing I can think of that I might have gotten wrong was the capitalization.