This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
CaosTECH's profile picture

MineText -[CaosTECH]- V1.0

Started by CaosTECH, 12 October 2015 - 04:54 PM
CaosTECH #1
Posted 12 October 2015 - 06:54 PM
MineText Version 1.1

Hello! This is MineText. MineText is my first game, well, kinda my first OFFICIAL game for ComputerCraft. It is a text based mining game that has its own score, health, leveling, death, system.

BUGS:

1. You cant level up! Fixed

2. You cant die?!?!? Fixed

If this game gets enough support I will continue to update it, although I will still have a 1.1 update fixing the leveling system and death system

DOWNLOAD:
pastebin get WgkWjLsj MineText
Edited on 04 November 2015 - 12:57 PM
CaosTECH #2
Posted 19 October 2015 - 01:18 AM
Ugh, screw it, im done trying. I will not releaase anything anymore unless I believe one person will actually "use" or "like" it. Im only just beginning but whatever.
H4X0RZ #3
Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:37 AM
Ugh, screw it, im done trying. I will not releaase anything anymore unless I believe one person will actually "use" or "like" it. Im only just beginning but whatever.

I guess that's because the CC community is "overpopulating" (?). Way too many programs which all do the same are released. Every day we get Windows clones and login scripts (this isn't happening too mich right now IIRC). If you want attention you either develop something nobody else did or you take one program which lacks features and improve it. Also advertising is necessary. Nobody will click in a thread called "Yet Another Door Lock". You have to get creative, find a nice Name fitting your app, maybe design a Logo or a thread design. (All the things I fail at :P/>/>/>)

Also, don't release code because you actually want attention. CC was made for learning after all and not about getting the most views in a thread.
Edited on 19 October 2015 - 12:39 AM
CaosTECH #4
Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:21 PM
Also, don't release code because you actually want attention. CC was made for learning after all and not about getting the most views in a thread.

Oh, im not trying to get attention, and I understand its made for learning, and I don't care how many views I get in a thread. But iv'e currently started working on a project. It will take me a little while to finish but the main idea is to teach beginners to use lua and such.
ExplosiveFerrets #5
Posted 04 November 2015 - 01:43 PM
Well, tried it. The only thing you do is to spam "mine". Add some more features, like dying. I had -2 health… verry realistic….
CaosTECH #6
Posted 04 November 2015 - 01:49 PM
Finally someone played this, I will start working on it in a bit and update it.
CaosTECH #7
Posted 04 November 2015 - 05:33 PM
Updated and fixed the problems