This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Gumball's profile picture

CCEnglish

Started by Gumball, 21 October 2015 - 08:15 AM
Gumball #1
Posted 21 October 2015 - 10:15 AM
What I have made is a program where you can create simple programs by typing in the english commands ye see b4 ye.

NOTE: This makes AMAZINGLY EASY (and beautiful) Operating System's when you use it with my other utility, BirdEvents, because these are very easy utilities to use. Try it.

Screenshots 'n stuff like that
Spoiler

!BE WARNED!, repeat function is not for good use YET. Everything else should be fine Scratch that, more like stab it with a knife cuz the repeat function works fine now…

Get the beta by running: pastebin get Ba2L83VM [name you want it to be called]

Update Log:
Spoilerv1.0 First Release!

v1.1 Added textcolor, cursorpos, backgroundcolor, manual (for manual input of code), savecode, and clearcode.

v1.2 Fixed:
repeat function
bug where you can't run scripts with for loops.
where you can't save scripts with for loops and run them without error(s).

v1.3 Fixed bug in "input" function where you cannot add character to disguise text as.

v1.4 Added if statement (does not work with variables, yet, sadly)
Edited on 22 October 2015 - 07:55 AM
Waitdev_ #2
Posted 21 October 2015 - 10:36 AM
pretty awesome idea, you can take good example from AppleScript.
which is basically english code.
Gumball #3
Posted 21 October 2015 - 10:39 AM
pretty awesome idea, you can take good example from AppleScript.
which is basically english code.

O wow, that was a fast response, BTW, I have a release that's good enough for beta. Beware, repeat function is not for good use YET. Everything else should be fine. Nevermind. It works now.
Edited on 22 October 2015 - 06:40 AM
Konlab #4
Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:00 PM
Interesting concept. Really useful for beginners who want to make custom menus. Is there an if statement?
Gumball #5
Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:17 PM
Interesting concept. Really useful for beginners who want to make custom menus. Is there an if statement?

No, I would have added that. The thought did cross over my head though once. I guess i'll add it now. One minute.

EDIT: Almost done, variable support with it is for another day. Equal to is done. Now working on not equal.

Other Important Edit: Done with that. Its uploaded now.
Edited on 21 October 2015 - 04:42 PM