This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Geforce Fan's profile picture

[Dump] All the stuff I made, mostly unfinished

Started by Geforce Fan, 21 October 2015 - 11:03 PM
Geforce Fan #1
Posted 22 October 2015 - 01:03 AM
I've moved on to doing greater things now, with Unity3D. CC is very limiting, and due to Lua's interperated nature, rather hard to debug. Enough, let's move on to the dump./

=======================================
POKECC
An indev game that I hardly even started. Does not have a map by default.
TO INSTALL:
Make a dir called "pokecc" in your root directory ("/")
Go inside it
fetch the executable, name it anything
Now, use Game-Engine's level creator(found bellow) to make a map. Put it in the PokeCC directory and call it "mainMap".

Controls:
WASD - Move
Shift - Run faster
~ - Game-engine console
Control - Access to menu
(Space inside the menu) - Dev thing for a speech box

Install:
Pastebin for executable: 3GREr1R6
Also, install Game-Engine. See below

GAME-ENGINE

A Game-Engine. Has maps, players, a console system, and a basic GUI stuffs system.
The engine itself is quite powerful and uses the new term.blit system for crazy fast rendering, however its level editor is almost a year and a half old, and was developed for something different initially and converted to Game-Engine. It's a mess and I was planning to recode it before I found Unity3D.

Doccumentation: https://github.com/A...ame-engine/wiki
Installation: pastebin run 6JU1nY50 4 update Game-Engine
^ RUN THAT IN THE ROOT DIRECTORY ("/")

You'll find stuff is all inside of the "Game-Engine folder. You'll also find a file called "oldLeveleditor". This is the level editor I never got arround to recode it. To use it, MAKE SURE YOUR ON A 51x19 DISPLAY, and run it.
More on the level editor
Controls:
WASD - Move the map. Note the new numbers that pop up on the side, those are the X and Y coords in order from top to bottom
DON'T TOUCH ANY OTHERS KEYS! I'm serous. You will quickly f*** things up, as this level editor is incredably unstable and has several "features" that where scrapped in Game-Engine, and can be enabled with a key press.
REBOOT after using the level editor. This level editor really f***s with CC for some reason.
Anyway, just follow this and you should be fine. The level editor won't crash provided you follow this. If you really like game-engine, I highly recommend developing a new level editor.
Also: The code of this level editor is atrocious. It's confusing, don't base your new level editor on it. Read the Game-Engine doccumentation, and try terminating the level editor and having a peak at the "currentMap" table. It's what Game-Engine uses, and it's in a y:x format. Also have a peak at the rendering functions in Game-Engine. There's also a save feature built right into Game-Engine, look at the code, it's not docummented but self-explanatory.

A buffer API

This uses the new term.blit for term.blit support(of course!) as well as bliting the buffer to the screen. It has 2 modes - Active and inactive. Active will write to the screen the new changes(it does this effeciently, it does NOT refresh the whole screen or refresh the entire Y coord of the screen. It writes only the new stuff). Inactive will not write anything, and just keep stuff in its internal buffer.

Another feature is Nozone, where you can specify parts of the screen the buffer should not write to. An example usage is that you have a window for an application floating above this area. You'd just specify that the buffer should avoid writing to that area, and it will.
Methods(API FunctionsA buffer. will precede all of these
newBuf(w,h,nativeT)
w - Width of new buf
h - Height of new both

RETURNS: A new buffer

nativeT - The native term, typically you want to pass term.current()

resize(newx,newy)

makeActive(toX,toY) - Makes active at toX, toY

makeInactive - Un-makes active

newNozone(startx,endx,starty,endy) Makes a new sqaure of nozone

function sdestroyNozone(startx,endx,starty,endy) - Destroys nozone in that sqaure

bufferblit(x,y) - Writes the entire contents of the buffer at x,y

& all of the functions in the normal term API.

To use, just redirect to the buffer returned by newBuf.
Pastebin: 84NrvXE9
Blue OS -
An OS I made that has permissions, metadata, a GUI, and a file browser. Feel free to do whatever you want to it and release it.
The dead topic(the OS remained in development until arround the time of this topic post) is: http://www.computerc...6-file-browser/
That's for 0.6, latest version is 0.8. Have fun.

MESSING WITH SETTINGS:
Run this in the terminal, and have fun. Be prepared to take 5 minutes of your time to doing this.
Pastebin: WkqcfvqZ
===
GUI gitget
Literly just gitget(http://www.computerc...__fromsearch__1) with extra safety checks(is folder read-only, are the writes coming back okay?). Also checks for things my OS implements.
Pastebin: tcWczHAr

Smaller stuff:

visualshell - A small little project that turns CraftOS into a visual interface. Navigate with arrow keys and ENTER
Pastebin: gAwpSqdh

Alias scrambe - Scrambles shell aliases. Might be considered malicous, but was fine when I posted it as its own program. Mods, feel free to remove the pastebin link.
Pastebin: 248wWNJr

Cya CC forums. I'll post any games I make in Unity. Feel free to use any of these programs in the dump and release them as yours, with any or no modifcations!
Edited on 21 October 2015 - 11:35 PM
TYKUHN2 #2
Posted 22 October 2015 - 02:06 AM
ComputerCraft is very limiting, yes, but if you enjoy LUA try Love2D it is a game engine that runs on lua. It has Love files that it runs for each game which is litterly just a zip of lua files.
Geforce Fan #3
Posted 22 October 2015 - 03:51 AM
ComputerCraft is very limiting, yes, but if you enjoy LUA try Love2D it is a game engine that runs on lua. It has Love files that it runs for each game which is litterly just a zip of lua files.
Tried it. It's only 2D and still uses Lua(it is spelled Lua, not LUA. It's a name not an abrievation) which is hard to debug.
Konlab #4
Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:02 PM
Tried it. It's only 2D and still uses Lua(it is spelled Lua, not LUA. It's a name not an abrievation) which is hard to debug.
I'm moving to Unity3D, too :P/>
Btw ur engine is interesting +1
Edit, whoops no +1, I reached the daily limit i will +1 soon
Edited on 22 October 2015 - 03:03 PM