This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Wojbie's profile picture

Lockette - Computer access limiter. v1

Started by Wojbie, 29 October 2015 - 09:22 PM
Wojbie #1
Posted 29 October 2015 - 10:22 PM
Lockette - Computer access limiter. v1.1

Lockette is a simple computer locking program i made ages ago. Decided to polish it a bit a post it here. It allows you to lock the computer up when you walk away from it and unlock it when you get back. Also has autolock feature after timer inactivity runs out.

Download Here: http://pastebin.com/cGM4iF1d
Or ingame by using command:
pastebin get cGM4iF1d lockette
(requires http-api to be active)

Features List:
  • Locks access to your computer so other people can't easily access and change stuff
  • Locks access to screen contents (configurable)
  • Keeps program running in background and unaware that computer is locked.
  • Can shutdown computer after child program has quit. (configurable)
  • Computer can be locked down using ScrollLock or it can auto-lock after certain time of inactivity.
  • 2 lockscreen types (with small customization in form of changing text in one)
How to use:

After downloading the program you simply edit it using edit program of your choice. Then you can select your password,Inactivity time,program that lockette is supposed to run and more!
It is suggested to change the default password to something more secure.
It is suggested to run this program on startup.
In Multishell environment you have to run separate lockettes for each shell you want to use at the same time.

Screenshots:
SpoilerHere is locked computer screen.

Here is custom message.

And here is alternative lockscreen mode

Change-log:
Spoilerv1.0 - First Relase
v1.1 - Fix The bug that allowed back buffer to be visible.

Plans For Future:
Spoiler–None. This program already does all i want it to do.

Any Comment and Suggestions how to improve Code are appreciated.
This is not a Security program. This is simple program to lock your computer so annoying pepole can't easly break your stuff.
Edited on 01 December 2015 - 09:35 PM
Wojbie #2
Posted 30 October 2015 - 08:45 AM
Ninja update. No version change.
  • Added missing key_up/mouse_up and paste events handling.
Forgot that when i first made this those events didn't exist.
Edited on 30 October 2015 - 07:51 AM
Creator #3
Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:33 AM
Can't make a tlco and not need a lockette per shell.
Wojbie #4
Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:47 AM
Can't make a tlco and not need a lockette per shell.
True. I already have better program that i use that is combination of this with tlco, file downloader and updater, automatic api detection/loading/patching and coorutine semi-manager etcetera. I may post that one when i finish and polish it up to perfection. And when i get better name for it than Startup-pal.

However Lockette is great for one off computers you just leave standing around and not using at all. Like gps hosts. Or mining turtle. Or monitor based door lock. Stuff that you want to be able to access on a fly when its time to change something and still keep people a bit more away.

Thats why there isn't even password hashing or stuff. I just felt that there is no point if adding that cause if someone can read code of lockette they already have access to contents of computer you wanted them out.
Edited on 30 October 2015 - 08:52 AM
jakejakey #5
Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:52 PM
Weird, when I install it, after running one of my programs then returning to shell, it seems that read() is duplicating itself onscreen? I just had to uninstall lockette because of the glitch.
Wojbie #6
Posted 01 December 2015 - 05:44 AM
Weird, when I install it, after running one of my programs then returning to shell, it seems that read() is duplicating itself onscreen? I just had to uninstall lockette because of the glitch.

I am guessing it was on KreamLand? Did it happen only on this one program not on rest? And could i have a code on that program? It would help me find the problem?
Wojbie #7
Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:32 PM
Update - version 1.1
  • Fixed the bug tha jakejakey found. He found way to force background buffer to be visible. Thanks for help and sorry i bricked your computer on KreamLand.
I am considering hashing the password. IF i decide to add that to the program it will be in next update.
Edited on 16 January 2016 - 06:20 PM