This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
ExplosiveFerrets's profile picture

TrollOS - Version 2.0 released! New features!

Started by ExplosiveFerrets, 30 October 2015 - 08:43 PM
ExplosiveFerrets #1
Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:43 PM
UPDATE 2019-08-20: Server is back up after several years of downtime.

TrollOS
Current Version: 2.1

RECENT NEWS:Version 2.1 released, fixes server working.

Download:

pastebin get dPqkFjKq install

So, I had fun on the evening making this small OS. I wouldn't really call it a OS, but this is the best place to put it.
Basically, you can troll your friends with this.

Functions:
* Works with both advanced and non advanced computers In version 2.0, only advanced computers supported.
* Doesn't look fake.
* Customizable Error Message
* Auto updater
* CTRL + T block

* Easy to use installer

* Secret exit code

Screenshots are from version 1.0!
Screenshots

Changelog

*VERSION 2.1

- Fix server working

*VERSION 2.0

- Added auto updater

- Added installer

- Added more easy to use customization

- Removed non advanced computer support, too lazy. Will add if many people request it.

* VERSION 1.0:
- Released

© ExplosiveFerrets
Please don't take this seriously.
Edited on 20 August 2019 - 05:06 PM
Creator #2
Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:17 PM
So this is just a program that looks like a shell and displays a message after a command?
Lupus590 #3
Posted 30 October 2015 - 11:15 PM
You may be able to detect the CraftOS version from the available functions. Also, is there a nice way to exit the program? I know that rebooting via ctrl-r will work.
Lyqyd #4
Posted 31 October 2015 - 12:11 AM
It's literally just os.version(). Gives you the exact string that the shell program uses.
Waitdev_ #5
Posted 31 October 2015 - 06:12 AM
You may be able to detect the CraftOS version from the available functions. Also, is there a nice way to exit the program? I know that rebooting via ctrl-r will work.
suggestion: specific program that changes every time you turn it on, which allows you to exit the program.
Blue #6
Posted 31 October 2015 - 06:39 AM
I haven't really had a good look at it yet,so sorry if I'm wrong,but doesn't this count as a "malicious" program? I thought those weren't allowed.
Edited on 31 October 2015 - 10:53 AM
ExplosiveFerrets #7
Posted 31 October 2015 - 11:25 AM
So this is just a program that looks like a shell and displays a message after a command?
Yep, I might add some more features in the feature. Like, if they type edit on a file name and save it, it automatically deletes it. Or that "ls" or "dir" doesn't show any files.

No, there is no way out of it. (you could place a floppy disk next to it)

It's literally just os.version(). Gives you the exact string that the shell program uses.
Wow, realized that now…. should do that.

suggestion: specific program that changes every time you turn it on, which allows you to exit the program.
To exit the "OS" completely?

I haven't really had a good look at it yet,so sorry if I'm wrong,but doesn't this count as a "malicious" program?
Umm, it might be…

So after what you've said, I realized I need to make a new version. Leave your suggestions here.
Edited on 31 October 2015 - 10:26 AM
COOLGAMETUBE #8
Posted 05 November 2015 - 09:56 PM
Hey!
I optimized TrollOS for you: http://pastebin.com/8t0kmrJQ

If i shoud remove it,
please message me per E-Mail (Available at http://coolgametube.net/Impressum/)
Waitdev_ #9
Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:23 PM
To exit the "OS" completely?
yep, and return back to the basic CraftOS

also, idk if i can use this. i don't have any friends :P/>
LDDestroier #10
Posted 22 November 2015 - 12:47 AM
While I generally don't approve of malicious programs, I do like being a hypocrite!
Wojbie #11
Posted 22 November 2015 - 05:22 PM
While I generally don't approve of malicious programs, I do like being a hypocrite!
Everyone wrote something malicious at least once. Its about what you do with that stuff that matters.
Edited on 22 November 2015 - 04:22 PM
LDDestroier #12
Posted 22 November 2015 - 05:26 PM
Everyone wrote something malicious at least once. Its about what you do with that stuff that matters.

Yeah, but this trumps something like

shell.run("rm *")
while true do
	print("U GOT REKT")
	sleep(0)
end
Edited on 22 November 2015 - 04:29 PM
Wojbie #13
Posted 22 November 2015 - 07:55 PM

Yeah, but this trumps something like

shell.run("rm *")
while true do
	print("U GOT REKT")
	sleep(0)
end

There is Grey hat there is Black hat and then there is script kiddie level. This is last one.
Link149 #14
Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:48 AM
There is Grey hat there is Black hat and then there is script kiddie level. This is last one.

What about white hats?
Wojbie #15
Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:14 AM
What about white hats?
Well white hat stuff is not malicious by definition :D/>
Edited on 23 November 2015 - 10:14 AM
Link149 #16
Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:14 AM
What about white hats?
Well white hat stuff is not malicious by definition :D/>

Sure. It's just the way you phrased it, enumerating all but the white hats, I thought you were denying their existance or whatever.

Anyway.

I'd really like to troll more people with ComputerCraft but I feel like the mod only allows for script kiddie level malicious programs.
All you can do to troll someone can easily be undone. Either that or I'm running out of imagination. I mean, I'd like to do something
more than deleting everything or overwriting a startup file with a malicious program. I'd like to write a virus which, when run, injects
malicious code into another program, like a real virus. The thing is since Lua is not a precompiled language, your programs' source
code is always human-readable, making it impossible to hide viruses.
LDDestroier #17
Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:43 AM
My 'undel' virus seems to be the only virus I can think of that hides itself near-perfectly. But yeah, I saw a virus in Kreme Land that removed all the shell aliases. It was easily dealt with.
MineRobber___T #18
Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:45 PM
This looks cool! I wish I had friends who played with this mod, so I could use it on them.
Pth1515 #19
Posted 06 December 2015 - 11:05 PM
I hope this is ok, but I simplified your code and added a new feature :)/> P.S. I just checked out your code, and made a TrollOS from scratch in Sublime. Also, it adds in a exit pass(the new feature), where a specific phrase deletes troll os and unlocks CraftOS.
Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/Q4FuNCyh
Edited on 06 December 2015 - 10:06 PM
ExplosiveFerrets #20
Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:24 PM
This looks cool! I wish I had friends who played with this mod, so I could use it on them.
Thank you! :)/>

I hope this is ok, but I simplified your code and added a new feature :)/> P.S. I just checked out your code, and made a TrollOS from scratch in Sublime. Also, it adds in a exit pass(the new feature), where a specific phrase deletes troll os and unlocks CraftOS.
Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/Q4FuNCyh
Thank you! I might use some of your code in a future version. I finally got back the interest of playing with ComputerCraft (after months of nothing) and I will work on a new version.
ExplosiveFerrets #21
Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:34 PM
My 'undel' virus seems to be the only virus I can think of that hides itself near-perfectly. But yeah, I saw a virus in Kreme Land that removed all the shell aliases. It was easily dealt with.

This is not supposed to be a virus, more like a prank (troll) to your friends.
Edited on 04 February 2016 - 07:34 PM
ExplosiveFerrets #22
Posted 05 February 2016 - 07:27 PM
I'm proud to say that Version 2.0 is soon done.

Some new features:
- Auto updating. TrollOS automatically updates on startup if a new update is available.
- Secret exit code (as suggested).
- Easy to use installer.

Hopefully, this will be released today. (Swedish time)
ExplosiveFerrets #23
Posted 05 February 2016 - 07:41 PM
Hi everybody!

Version 2.0 has now been released, you can download it via:

pastebin get dPqkFjKq install

You can find the new features in the topic itself!
Hraponssi #24
Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:43 AM
latest installer gives null pointer on line 97 while checking for new version (2.0 installer)
ExplosiveFerrets #25
Posted 02 March 2016 - 05:22 PM
latest installer gives null pointer on line 97 while checking for new version (2.0 installer)

Hmm, ok?

Hmm, ok?

That should work, I don't really know why that happens tbh.
Pth1515 #26
Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:56 AM

Hmm, ok?

I looked at your update server, and I saw that it was offline. https://polygonsmp.s...S/LatestVersion
Maybe it got suspended or something, or like my website does every once in a while. If i'm inactive for awhile. :(/>
Another way to figure out the site is down besides visiting it, is pinging it in command prompt with ping https://polygonsmp.s...S/LatestVersion
Edited on 22 May 2016 - 11:00 PM
ExplosiveFerrets #27
Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:25 PM

Hmm, ok?

I looked at your update server, and I saw that it was offline. https://polygonsmp.s...S/LatestVersion
Maybe it got suspended or something, or like my website does every once in a while. If i'm inactive for awhile. :(/>
Another way to figure out the site is down besides visiting it, is pinging it in command prompt with ping https://polygonsmp.s...S/LatestVersion

Yes, that website is dead. Still own the domain, but it's on another host. I'll try find the files on my old Raspberry Pi and move them over to my new VPS. Sorry for the inconvenience!
ExplosiveFerrets #28
Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:04 PM
Hello, Hello.

The server should be back up. It had been down for months without me noticing.

It's on a France vps atm, but I would like to move it to my German vps or my vps from Netherlands. Will probably roll out a update soon!

Thanks.