This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
luaCoder's profile picture

Bank System V1.2

Started by luaCoder, 08 November 2015 - 07:15 PM
luaCoder #1
Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:15 PM
Introducing:

Bank System V1.2

This program has a Client and a Server which allows users to create a Bank System.

Features
-Client
-Server
-PIN encryption
-GUI

Download
Installer:

pastebin run QYtFP4aw

Beta Installer (for the beta builds of the bank system):

pastebin run vWtHjcjy

How to setup:

First you need to edit the client program and change the serverID to the ID of your server computer.
Next to create an account go to the server computer and create a file that has the name of your account id and in the file type in the PIN for that account and then save and start the server
Finally you need to download the Hash file from pastebin on both the server and the client computer

Currently Finished:

Client: 15%
Server: 10%
Pin Encryption: 99%
GUI: 25%

What to do:
-deposit
-withdraw
-check balance
-close account
Edited on 15 November 2015 - 08:36 PM
Creator #2
Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:20 PM
Well, there is one thing I can tell you: don't lose motivation and finish the project. And a second thing: Screnies! (Well, they always help.)
luaCoder #3
Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:44 PM
Well, there is one thing I can tell you: don't lose motivation and finish the project. And a second thing: Screnies! (Well, they always help.)
I will have some screen shots up soon
Creator #4
Posted 08 November 2015 - 09:40 PM
About encryption: there is a SHA256 API available on the forums.
luaCoder #5
Posted 08 November 2015 - 09:49 PM
About encryption: there is a SHA256 API available on the forums.
currently Im using a different encryption method, but I guess I can take a look at that one
Creator #6
Posted 08 November 2015 - 10:14 PM
Sure do it. Sha has been proven to be secure. Like very secure. Secure enough to be used by the government.
KevY #7
Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:59 PM
I feel great for this project, I'm kind of interested in helping you make this project successful, Bank would be great for RPG/Roleplay servers.
Blue #8
Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:56 PM
Sure do it. Sha has been proven to be secure. Like very secure. Secure enough to be used by the government.
Not really,hashing isn't very secure for storing passwords,you need to use it with another encryption for it to be secure. There's even SHA-256 decrypters online (it managed to decrypt my password :P/> ,probably going to use some other encryption method in Glass UI)
Creator #9
Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:01 PM
Not really,hashing isn't very secure for storing passwords,you need to use it with another encryption for it to be secure. There's even SHA-256 decrypters online (it managed to decrypt my password :P/> ,probably going to use some other encryption method in Glass UI)
Sha 512 is secure.
Blue #10
Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:07 AM
Sha 512 is secure.
Like I said,hashing isn't a good method to secure passwords. All you need is a big database(like this one,for SHA-512) containing passwords and their hash,no matter how "secure" the hash is.
luaCoder #11
Posted 15 November 2015 - 07:49 PM
I am currently working on a unique ID generator for when the client talks to the server so it doesn't have to send the id and pin every time
MihaMi #12
Posted 17 January 2016 - 08:52 AM
I am a bit confused, how do you create an account on the server computer?