This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Gumball's profile picture

Shift-Clicked Pocket Computers

Started by Gumball, 20 December 2015 - 07:25 AM
Gumball #1
Posted 20 December 2015 - 08:25 AM
I know my last post for suggestions was a dud, but this one is simple. If you're shifting while holding a pocket computer, and press a button on your keyboard, that event is triggered, so on and so forth. This would be excellent for turtle controlling, so you can see whats happening and not have to get that screen blocking your view. There would be a few setbacks, as in maybe always capitals, but it would work.
Edited on 20 December 2015 - 07:26 AM
Bomb Bloke #2
Posted 20 December 2015 - 09:22 AM
That could work, though I'd prefer a variation: Shift-right-clicking opens an invisible GUI for the computer (or perhaps just "mostly" invisible, like a small icon showing up next to the inventory bar or something). Rig the pocket computer to communicate with another system (eg a turtle) over rednet, and hey presto! Wireless keyboard, or joystick, or whatever.

That is to say, you'd end up with something nearly exactly the same as one of BIT's MoarPeripherals keyboards; you can control the system without the interface blocking your view of the world. Indeed great for moving turtles around, but also handy for dealing with scripts that make use of external monitors.
Edited on 22 December 2015 - 12:21 PM