This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Gumball's profile picture

KiwiControl

Started by Gumball, 20 December 2015 - 08:01 AM
Gumball #1
Posted 20 December 2015 - 09:01 AM
Turtles and computers. 'Nuff said.

I made a program for turtles so I could control it, and it happened. The controller is compatible with pocket, and regular computers. The computers must be advanced.

Linking: Start the program on the pocket computer, run the program on the turtle, enter the controller's ID, and its done. You can link multiple times without restarting the controller.

Controls: WASD for movement, Up/R and Down/F keys for moving up and down, CTRL for breaking, TAB for breaking under, Shift for placing.

Turtle Pastebin: fgpqazm0
Controller Pastebin: jsyapvee

Screenies:
Spoiler
Edited on 20 December 2015 - 08:08 AM
Stycoon #2
Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:53 PM
pastebin get jsyapvee "name" wont work properly,

However, pastebin get fgpqazm0 works just fine.
Gumball #3
Posted 26 December 2015 - 09:16 PM
pastebin get jsyapvee "name" wont work properly,

However, pastebin get fgpqazm0 works just fine.

Yeah, now that I check, they removed the paste… I'll re-upload it when I can.
NilLogic #4
Posted 26 December 2015 - 09:21 PM
Fantastic, nice and simple way to wirelessly control a turtle. May I suggest that you add ways for the turtle to be able to break and place blocks above, below and on front? Keep up the good work ;)/>
Creator #5
Posted 26 December 2015 - 10:58 PM
This looks excellent! It uses rednet with repeaters, right? Why doesn't the slot feature work?
TVdata #6
Posted 30 December 2015 - 11:20 PM
KiwiTurtle:1: No such modem: right
This is a wireless turtle.
Gumball #7
Posted 01 January 2016 - 02:22 PM
This looks excellent! It uses rednet with repeaters, right? Why doesn't the slot feature work?

I have no idea. I've rewritten everything that even uses something remotely close to the slot feature, but it doesn't update. It used to just kill the program, because a coroutine crashed, but that wouldn't show due to how they work. So, once again, no idea at all.

KiwiTurtle:1: No such modem: right
This is a wireless turtle.

Derp. Of course it has to be wireless. Just change the side to whatever side the modem is on.
Gumball #8
Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:09 PM
Fantastic, nice and simple way to wirelessly control a turtle. May I suggest that you add ways for the turtle to be able to break and place blocks above, below and on front? Keep up the good work ;)/>

Yup, I'll consider that. Thanks for the suggestion!