This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
cyanisaac's profile picture

New Year's Resolutions? 2K16 HYPE

Started by cyanisaac, 31 December 2015 - 04:43 PM
cyanisaac #1
Posted 31 December 2015 - 05:43 PM
It's that time of year. What are your resolutions going into the next year?

Mine are:
  • Learn iOS (or potentially tvOS as well) and Swift and start making apps
  • Make more friends (I have three friends, only two of which are local, and one of which is local and I talk to a lot :P/>)
  • Get good grades by the end of the year (fairly strong so far, but I can do better).
  • (Potentially) start learning Java and Android
  • (Potentially) start learning Love2D
  • (Potentially) get good with HTML/CSS/JS
Basically, this is the year where stuff gets done. I'm excited :D/>.

Anyways, hopefully the mods like this. Post your resolutions down below.
Creator #2
Posted 31 December 2015 - 06:54 PM
Well, I guess we all want to improve on something.

So my resolutions are:
  • finish OmniOS
  • finish Pixel
  • improve the the GUI of my programs
  • improve Love2D skills
  • finish my 3D game engine
  • improve my grades and get on the president's list
  • maybe start learning Java and Android
Pyuu #3
Posted 31 December 2015 - 07:19 PM
My new year resolution is to Stop being lazy, which I've had as a resolution the past at least 6 years, so I guess I'm not making progress on that.
Creator #4
Posted 31 December 2015 - 07:25 PM
My new year resolution is to Stop being lazy, which I've had as a resolution the past at least 6 years, so I guess I'm not making progress on that.

That is a hard one!
FUNCTION MAN! #5
Posted 31 December 2015 - 08:50 PM
My new year's resolution is to not make stupid resolutions that won't be fulfilled. And… done!
Pyuu #6
Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:47 PM
My new year's resolution is to not make stupid resolutions that won't be fulfilled. And… done!

I think the point is to make a resolution and fulfill it and improve your character as a part of the experience.
H4X0RZ #7
Posted 01 January 2016 - 02:20 AM
- Get healthy. It's the first day of the new year, and I instantly became ill…

Ummm… What else…

- Finally understand how to create an android app
- Learn how to design websites
- learn c/c++/c# or whatever the logitech led sdk uses so I can finally utilize the full power of my g910.
-get over the death of a family member (anyone got any ideas about this?)
- Get bettr grades
- Finally socialize. (I guess that won't happen xD)

tl;dr live a healthy life as an anti-social bicorn (because unicorns are too mainstream)
Edited on 01 January 2016 - 01:21 AM
Agent Silence #8
Posted 01 January 2016 - 03:16 AM
tl;dr live a healthy life as an anti-social bicorn (because unicorns are too mainstream)
OFFTOPIC : Why not a tricorn? Also, I believe LGS uses Lua(recently got a g600 mouse)

ONTOPIC :
I plan to get a low 5 minute mile run time.
I plan to learn C++.
I plan to make at least one full composition on the piano and upload it to some website like Noteflight.

And that's all that comes to mind
H4X0RZ #9
Posted 01 January 2016 - 03:27 AM
OFFTOPIC : Why not a tricorn? Also, I believe LGS uses Lua(recently got a g600 mouse
OFFTOPIC: LGS is just "the tip of the iceberg". The g910 part of LGS only allows you to customize the different key colors on a per-game basis. But you can't add stuff like " timers" for skils (e.g. World of Warcraft). That's what I need the LED SDK for. It's an API that allows you to directly control the keyboard (or whatever else uses LEDs) which you could use for "amazing" things. You could, for example, display your mana/health using the F keys.
Viking #10
Posted 01 January 2016 - 12:26 PM
My New Year's resolutions are:

- Find a new sport. (I haven't moved so much for a year)
- Spend more time with family and friends.
- Acquire a few new tricks for better software design.
- Finish my personal projects.
Edited on 31 January 2016 - 08:00 PM
クデル #11
Posted 01 January 2016 - 12:33 PM
I haven't thought about this until now… welp.

- Get a million YouTube subscribers
- Think less of what others think
- Attend school more (tad embarassing :L)
- Put more effort into school, grades etc
- Develop a profitable application
Agent Silence #12
Posted 01 January 2016 - 01:15 PM
-snip
OFFTOPIC: LGS is just "the tip of the iceberg". The g910 part of LGS only allows you to customize the different key colors on a per-game basis. But you can't add stuff like " timers" for skils (e.g. World of Warcraft). That's what I need the LED SDK for. It's an API that allows you to directly control the keyboard (or whatever else uses LEDs) which you could use for "amazing" things. You could, for example, display your mana/health using the F keys.
There is a scripting option in LGS. Right click one of your profiles and open the "Scripting" option. You don't even need an SDK. The LED controls are built in. I have one for my keyboard set up already that displays MKX fatality combos.
Edited on 01 January 2016 - 12:15 PM
クデル #13
Posted 01 January 2016 - 01:22 PM
-snip
There is a scripting option in LGS. Right click one of your profiles and open the "Scripting" option. You don't even need an SDK. The LED controls are built in. I have one for my keyboard set up already that displays MKX fatality combos.

I wish I knew that earlier… lighting effects for the G910 on OS X are really glitchy and overall awful compared.to windows. :(/>
Konlab #14
Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:55 AM
Mine are:
1. Learn english
2. Learn something about psyhology(spelling?) and be mentalist (any good websites?) (I know somebody who always guessed what was I thinking about. He told me it is not magic, he learned it from a book but he didn't say the book's name :(/> )
3. Get better in ping pong (I love ping pong but my friends always beat me :(/> )
4. Learn more chemistry (I love chemistry but I got to a level where I am too lazy to learn more)
5. Increase EQ score (currently -1)

And some programming ones because this thread is full of them:
1. Learn bash
2. Finish game in Unity
H4X0RZ #15
Posted 06 January 2016 - 12:09 PM
-snip

True, there is a scripting function. But it doesn't allow you to change the backlight of the g910. Or at least I weren't able to achieve anything… Although this should do "something"…

function OnEvent(event, arg)
SetBacklightColor(255,0,255)
end
LDDestroier #16
Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:14 PM
My new year's resolution is 1440x900.
Creator #17
Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:22 PM
My new year's resolution is 1440x900.

9gag?
oeed #18
Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:14 AM
Well I'm starting uni this year… so I guess my resolution is to not be broke and/or starve.
wilcomega #19
Posted 09 January 2016 - 10:55 PM
Well I'm starting uni this year… so I guess my resolution is to not be broke and/or starve.

"Dont Starve" haha <_</>

ONTOPIC:

1. Learn C++
2. Make an actual game
3. Learn more about Self Learning Aritificial Inteligence (Neural Networks for example)
4. Dedicate more to school
5. Learn a thrid language (German, Chinese, Japanese or Swedish) (i am dutch by the way)
6. Learn a fourth language along with the third if possible

this is probably going to be extended over the next few years, oh well
Edited on 09 January 2016 - 09:57 PM
Waitdev_ #20
Posted 09 January 2016 - 11:19 PM
new years resolution:
learn java. any kind. plugins, mods, games, interfaces, control panels, eh whatever i can't think of anything else

also: my friend hasn't told me his resolutions but to guess…
learn to make games in a simple programming language
[right]thx love2d[/right]
Creator #21
Posted 09 January 2016 - 11:20 PM

"Dont Starve" haha <_</>

ONTOPIC:

1. Learn C++
2. Make an actual game
3. Learn more about Self Learning Aritificial Inteligence (Neural Networks for example)
4. Dedicate more to school
5. Learn a thrid language (German, Chinese, Japanese or Swedish) (i am dutch by the way)
6. Learn a fourth language along with the third if possible

this is probably going to be extended over the next few years, oh well

Neural Networks? That rang a bell! (Totally not a Pavlov related joke.)

Well good news, here is a nice video that will teach everything there is to know about NNs.

[media]http://vimeo.com/19569529[/media]

It is even embedded, sweet!
Edited on 09 January 2016 - 10:20 PM
minizbot2012 #22
Posted 10 January 2016 - 04:18 AM
Figure out how to:
1. Do Cache Invalidation
2. Name things better
apemanzilla #23
Posted 10 January 2016 - 04:43 AM
Figure out how to:
1. Do Cache Invalidation
2. Name things better

One of those things is really easy to do.

The other is naming things better.
Quartz101 #24
Posted 11 January 2016 - 10:40 AM
My new years resolution is 1920x1080
LDDestroier #25
Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:28 AM

Heeey! I already made that joke!
Quartz101 #26
Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:52 AM

But I have a HIGHER resolution!
LDDestroier #27
Posted 11 January 2016 - 02:57 PM

But I have a HIGHER resolution!

Curses!
Lyqyd #28
Posted 11 January 2016 - 05:16 PM
Heh. Haven't upgraded to 4K displays yet, so my resolution is 4096x1152.
Creator #29
Posted 11 January 2016 - 06:14 PM
The display resolution joke is getting out of hand!
Lyqyd #30
Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:54 PM
Perhaps. But it most certainly did not originate on 9gag. It significantly predates that… website.
apemanzilla #31
Posted 11 January 2016 - 08:53 PM
Perhaps. But it most certainly did not originate on 9gag. It significantly predates that… cesspit.

FTFY.
cyanisaac #32
Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:58 PM
Perhaps. But it most certainly did not originate on 9gag. It significantly predates that… fiery hell.

FTFY.

FTFY.
LDDestroier #33
Posted 13 January 2016 - 12:29 AM
Perhaps. But it most certainly did not originate on 9gag. It significantly predates that… 54.93.148.73.

FTFY.

FTFY.

FTDY…?
bigbrainiac10 #34
Posted 17 January 2016 - 02:49 PM
My new years resolution is to dedicate most of the year to browsing memes.