This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
viluon's profile picture

Internet Offer Generator

Started by viluon, 03 January 2016 - 07:55 PM
viluon #1
Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:55 PM
Hello people of ComputerCraft! The time has come when @[member='viluon'] (that's me) returns to the forums to release crappy software! I am not very proud to present you the

Internet Offer Generator

(Warning: Sarcasm ahead!)

Have you ever seen the crappy Internet advertisements that fill up random websites? No? Whatever! Have you ever felt the urge to make such an ad yourself? You didn't? Who cares! This is when I step in and help you ease the process with an automagic generator that invents catchy Internet offers for you! That's right, what a truly enterprise solution. Well, if you'd like to actually try out the enterprise version for creating real Internet offers, PM me and we can steal your data while pretending to be installing said software on your computer.

Enough talking, let's get to the feature list!
  • Generates random Internet offers
  • Umm, that's it?
  • Really, what else to add…
  • Easy to uninstall (damn I'm making this up as I go along)
  • eeh, full of… code?
  • compatible with… Lua?
  • very enterprise, much wow
And now to convince those of you who are still in doubt whether this unbelievably flawless utility is a real thing, here come the screenshots!

As you can see, by now there is only one reason not to install Internet Offer Generator onto your ComputerCraft device, and that is, it's not on Pastebin! Okay, don't panic. What if I told you that this very complex, insanely amazing script in fact can be downloaded from Pastebin?? Isn't that awesome!? It isn't? Well, you've ruined the mood.

Downloads

This amazing creation on the borders where art, science and incredible programming talent meet can be fetched through the simple command of
pastebin get EbE579ET offerGenerator.lua

That's it! Generate your first beautiful annoying Internet offer by running
offerGenerator.lua myOffer.txt

The paste is raw source code, licensed under the MIT license (copyright 2015 - 2016 Andrew Kvapil).

hey, shh! There are quite a few unlisted features. First off, as you might have noticed in the very first screenshot, passing "–enable-markdown" as the first argument will order the products of the offer and their features into a valid Markdown list, which you can then share on Gitter.im, for example! Secondly, there's an Easter egg which appends a short message to the offer when a Forum username is passed as the second argument! Try some well known ones or dive into the code to find out which ones of my friends were so lucky to get mentioned in IOG. Note that this feature was added in the latest update, so re-download if it doesn't work for you!
Edited on 04 January 2016 - 04:01 PM
oeed #2
Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:27 PM
Certainly… how do I put it… creative :P/>
TheOddByte #3
Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:08 PM
Indeed creative but also very useless. This was probably what the bots on these forums used :P/>
Great way to spend your boredom and free time.
WWIman #4
Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:57 PM
DDR4 HDD. yes.
Admicos #5
Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:13 AM
hey, shh! There are quite a few unlisted features. First off, as you might have noticed in the very first screenshot, passing "–enable-markdown" as the first argument will order the products of the offer and their features into a valid Markdown list, which you can then share on Gitter.im, for example! Secondly, there's an Easter egg which appends a short message to the offer when a Forum username is passed as the second argument! Try some well known ones or dive into the code to find out which ones of my friends were so lucky to get mentioned in IOG. Note that this feature was added in the latest update, so re-download if it doesn't work for you!

Here is the message at the bottom for the people who can't read small.

Other than that, looks like someting i will use when i'm spamming posting stuff on the internet