This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
MrPotatoGaming's profile picture

Use Item support

Started by MrPotatoGaming, 07 January 2016 - 04:57 PM
MrPotatoGaming #1
Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:57 PM
Hello! I've been strolling through the forum to find out if a fix has been suggested, I've looked up a few buzz-words in the search bar but only got "use shift click" or "Bukkit isn't supported." Neither of which are related to my problem.

Recently I've began playing with Computer Craft again, it's been a year or so. I was using it as AgriCraft had believed to support ComputerCraft. The assumption was made that turtles simulate right click. Instead of doing the turtle.place() event however you all do it.

My problem is this, when a turtle places crop sticks, it is unable to also place the seeds on top of those blocks. I opened up an issue on AgriCraft and was told to come here to request a "use" command that tells the turtle to "use" an item much like a fake-player would right click. Such as the Dynamism Tablet from Thaumic Tinkerer.

For more information [here] is the link to the Github post.
Lupus590 #2
Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:54 PM
Do you have thermal expansion? It's not ideal but you could use an autonomous activator.

I'm not sure but the tool host from CCTweaks may work too.
Edited on 07 January 2016 - 06:55 PM
SquidDev #3
Posted 07 January 2016 - 08:31 PM
Do you have thermal expansion? It's not ideal but you could use an autonomous activator.

I'm not sure but the tool host from CCTweaks may work too.

The tool host only allows digging/attacking with a tool - though I may add right clicking too. RandomPeripherals implements a clicky turtle, though I'm not sure how "feature complete" it is.
MrPotatoGaming #4
Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:33 PM
These do offer walk arounds. I found something using Buildcraft and Botania, so I'm not too worried. Just thought it might be useful to offer as a suggestion. Can't say it was my idea though.
Lupus590 #5
Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:16 PM
I would like turtles to be able to have left/right/shift click options, you are not the only one who would like this feature.
PleaseDeleteMe #6
Posted 10 January 2016 - 04:07 PM
I would also like this feature, it would instantly cover the request I was about to make to have eggs be throwable by turtles, but a use command would be better.