This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Stekeblad's profile picture

FluxedSeeds - Automating FluxedCrystals2 - Update: Get seed file from anywhere!

Started by Stekeblad, 13 January 2016 - 06:35 PM
Stekeblad #1
Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:35 PM
So here's the program I wanted to post a few days ago!

It's called FluxedSeeds and is made to automate FluxedCrystals2 by Jaredlll08 witch normally would be quite expensive and require much space before you get to later game. With this program you can have quite a big farm with just one gem refiner!

This is my first program to be posted here but not my first program, it IS my first time alot of other things
(saving program data to file and loading it back, using the http api, using pcall and error to attempt to avoid crash or crash in a better way, starting a program with arguments …)

Download
Latest version: 2.5
Download:
pastebin get dgHKxdhc FluxedSeeds

Setup
The program is only a part of the setup:
1. You need some powered soil with automation upgrades
2. Vacuum hopper, vacuum chest, hopper hook or something else to collect the items
3. Feed the items to a gem cutter and then to a chest
4. This is the chest the program will work with
5. Configure FluxedSeeds (see more below)
6. Pull output from refiner and collect

Images
SpoilerSetup in world and normal running (it works with one cutter, but this is faster..)

Example setup without my program for full automation (don't forget to add filters to all gem cutters….)

How the program works
The program has a table that contains the different seed type and how many is needed to produce one item in the refiner. Then enough of a seed type is stored in the chest, the program moves that specific amount to another chest or a refiner (up to you). Because the mod allows you to change how many shards of each type you need, remove seeds and add your own, the program can be configured to match your configuration.

Changelog

before 2.5
no changelog available

small fixes and changes, corrected some spelling and improved error messages.
Added support to download seed file from anywhere on the internet.

Features!

-Changing program settings inside the program, or open the settings file and edit it
–Input/output inventory name
–Direction of output relative input (needs to next to each other (.pushItemIntoSlot))
–Time to wait between checking items in input inventory

-A function to test if the settings above are working (Probably not working 100% :P/>)
-Configuration off shards
–Add, edit and delete

-Downloading latest seed data from the creators gitHub! You can also select to download from a pastebin code or any URL as long as the files have the same structure as the gitHub version. Useful if you have made a own modpack and modified the seeds and want to automate it, just upload the seed file in your config folder to somewhere on internet and download it from the program!

-Starting the program with arguments
-Accessing a few of the argument functions without terminating and restarting, press any key while "running normally" for a menu.
-Printing the dmgValue and name of all items in input inventory
-Printing dmgValue and name of all seeds in the program table (compare with above to find and fix differences)

And maybe more?!

Credits
This program is made by me but its a few things I have not created and I'm using

Thanks to Jaredlll08 for saying yes then I asked if I could download the seed table from gitHub

I am using the Json API by ElvishJerricco to process the seed data after downloading seed data

License
MIT-license: Download, edit, use, reuse parts of

Facts
version 1 was about 100 lines of code including a seed table, version 2.4 has over 900. Version 1 did work, it only moved the items but did it good. It crashed then a item with a id that is not in the table was placed in the chest did not check what type of item it was and only looked at the dmgValue.
A big part off the version 2.4 code is on less useful parts ,150 lines of code for editing the seed table in the program instead of letting users edit a hard coded version (easier to write and only around 50 lines)
A little over 200 for the other settings, 5 things to configure
100 lines of moving items up and down to test if it fails
Edited on 14 June 2016 - 07:20 PM
Stekeblad #2
Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:24 PM
Now is version 2.5 here!
Why add all the seeds manually because your modpack has a seed configuration not matching the default one? Now you can just find your configuration file and paste in on pastebin and then download it from the program and it should work!