This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Jonas_spielt's profile picture

NFC Scripts

Started by Jonas_spielt, 14 February 2016 - 05:40 PM
Jonas_spielt #1
Posted 14 February 2016 - 06:40 PM
Hey CC users,

I'll want to share my litte simple NFC script with you. For your information, its my first shared program.
These 2 scripts require a sending and receiving device with an wireless modem. First the sending device will execute an distance check. If the distance is under 3 the sending device will send the message over the modem on a configured channel. Then the receiving device will check too if the device is not too far away and then reply with success or failure.
Then the receiving device will return the message. The sending device will return Success or Failure.

Usage on the sending device is : "nfc <message>" and on the receiving device just start the file.
The channels and modem sides can be configured inside the file itself after the license.

Installs:
Receiver: pastebin get vbgdRUj0 nfc
Sender: pastebin get qM00FY1G nfc

I tested it on CC 1.63 and would appreciate it if you report bugs to me.
And please forgive my language mistakes because I am from Germany.
DannySMc #2
Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:17 PM
Nice idea… I wouldn't suggest the huge copyright text in there, would just link to it instead… plus you can use:
--[[
Multiline comment
]]

Some features I would like to see you add, as this is a little basic…
> Add a key exchange mechanism, (Have a look here to see how it works, and you can make your own version (or search online)),
> Add encryption using the key exchange,
> Make it an API, not a program.
Creator #3
Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:34 AM
Nice idea… I wouldn't suggest the huge copyright text in there, would just link to it instead… plus you can use:
--[[
Multiline comment
]]

> Add a key exchange mechanism, (Have a look here to see how it works, and you can make your own version (or search online)),

I have a ready to use tunnel program. It has key exchange, encryption, sha, and bignum. Find it at GitHub.com/creator/tunnel
Edited on 19 February 2016 - 07:35 AM
DannySMc #4
Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:57 AM
--[[
Multiline comment
]]

I have a ready to use tunnel program. It has key exchange, encryption, sha, and bignum. Find it at GitHub.com/creator/tunnel

I would suggest using this! I haven't had a look, but Creator's stuff is always very good!
Creator #5
Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:40 AM
–snip
I would suggest using this! I haven't had a look, but Creator's stuff is always very good!

Thanks. By the way it actually works.
DannySMc #6
Posted 19 February 2016 - 11:40 AM
–snip

Thanks. By the way it actually works.

Welcome!