This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Lewisk3's profile picture

[Game]: CC - Conways Game Of Life, Pro Edition

Started by Lewisk3, 21 February 2016 - 06:03 AM
Lewisk3 #1
Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:03 AM
Let me start out by clarifying that yes, i know there are a lot of computercraft game's of life out there
But, almost all of them i saw where extremely simple with little options
So, what this edition is, i have made it into a proper game it even self updates! as well, as you are no longer confined
to the space of you're average advanced computer monitor, if you press WASD you can scroll the screen in up to 31
more than the original screen space!
It also has a edit mode, press space to pause the simulation and left to place a cell and right to kill a cell

Well, i hope you enjoy my program, feel free to comment on it below and i will reply to you as soon as i can, thank you.

Controls
SpoilerWASD - Pan screen
Space - enter/exit edit mode
LeftClick - make life!
RightClick - kill cell

Up Arrow - speed up
Down Arrow - slow down

Screenshots
Spoiler

Installer:
Spoilerpastebin run uSpPb9gH

Downloads:
SpoilerThis does require my Grid api which can be found here:pastebin get QEXpahe1 grid

GameOfLifePro: pastebin get R3HfhA4x gameoflife
Edited on 22 February 2016 - 07:27 AM
Creator #2
Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:56 AM
Is it possible to make a paste in installer that can be run and will download both files? By the way, I am very interested in this game and will download it as soon as it has a good installer.
Lewisk3 #3
Posted 21 February 2016 - 09:02 AM
Is it possible to make a paste in installer that can be run and will download both files? By the way, I am very interested in this game and will download it as soon as it has a good installer.

SORRY i thought i hit edit :/
Edited on 21 February 2016 - 09:52 AM
Lewisk3 #4
Posted 21 February 2016 - 10:52 AM

Sure thing!, i can make an installer right away
DONE!
3d6 #5
Posted 22 February 2016 - 04:49 AM
Very cool! I set up a glider gun
Lewisk3 #6
Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:26 AM
Very cool! I set up a glider gun

awesome, and thanks!
also, when i looked at you're GIF it seemed as though my game was running rather slowly, so i added the ability to speed up/slow down when necessary :)/>
you can do this by pressing the UP arrow to speed up and the DOWN arrow to slow down
Edited on 21 March 2016 - 02:46 PM