This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Lemmmy's profile picture

Inline code tag

Started by Lemmmy, 21 February 2016 - 08:50 PM
Lemmmy #1
Posted 21 February 2016 - 09:50 PM
It would be neat if the forum had a simple inline code tag, perhaps something like [inline]os.shutdown()[/inline] or [inlinecode] or similar names. This would allow someone to type a small code block, like a method name, without bloating the post with a whole code box.

Simply because typing
os.shutdown()
in its own block is pretty ugly.

It could look a little like this:

The CSS for the block on this forum could be:

background-color: #f7f7f7;
padding: 0.25em 0.5em;
font-family: monospace;
HPWebcamAble #2
Posted 21 February 2016 - 11:51 PM
Unfortunately, the forum runs prebuilt software by IP.board (see the bottom right of any page).

I don't think the staff want to / are able to modify much.
Edited on 21 February 2016 - 10:51 PM
Bomb Bloke #3
Posted 22 February 2016 - 12:06 AM
In the meantime, you do have the option of simply changing your font; for example, if true then, and so on.
Lemmmy #4
Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:32 PM
Unfortunately, the forum runs prebuilt software by IP.board (see the bottom right of any page).

I don't think the staff want to / are able to modify much.

its not hard to modify

In the meantime, you do have the option of simply changing your font; for example, if true then, and so on.

yeah that's what i've been rolling with for now
hermanoid #5
Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:29 AM
This could be considered the awakening of a stale thread, but I came across this recently and figured I might as well share a possible tool for anyone who really really want inline highlighting.

Online tools like http://hilite.me/ provide a way to automatically perform rudimentary highlighting. They output to HTML, which can't be used, but their output previews can be copied from and inserted into the page. Granted, this method is time-consuming, and hilite.me in particular has fairly poor highlighting, so it'd likely be faster just to do the highlighting yourself.

I hope this helps out!