This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
krakaen's profile picture

Big Reactors Automatic Control Program

Started by krakaen, 22 February 2016 - 02:54 AM
krakaen #1
Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:54 AM
Big Reactors Automatic Control Program

Created by Krakaen

This program allows you to simply tune the power that is needed and store a minimum

to a maximum of power into the buffer tank of the reactor

The program comes with a GUI on a screen that can be interacted with

You need a 5x3 screen to make it work, it will not work with any other size of monitor

Instructions

**I would advise to watch the video to make sure everything is done properly**

Video with instructions

Textual(with images) instructions

STEP 0 : Make sure all connections to the computer are done and activated (with or without cables)

1. Label your computer (in any program, this should always be step one)
command : label set nameofcomputer

2. get the startup program from pastebin
command : pastebin get YnZf1HAR startup

3. Just start it up
command : startup

4. Regulate the min/max power just how you would like them with the screen

5. enjoy :)/>

Direct link to the program

Startup program : http://pastebin.com/YnZf1HAR
Reactor Program : http://pastebin.com/NY6MU58s
Edited on 29 February 2016 - 04:50 PM
Lupus590 #2
Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:10 AM
Nice GUI, you install instructions are a bit complex, may I suggest a self unpacking program?
krakaen #3
Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:43 PM
Well… i actually found out that since computercraft creates a folder with everything in the computer (one per computer), the name of the file isnt important, it will never read from another folder since i dont tell it to.

I will change that then, it is even easier

Thanks for sending me on a lookout Lupus590, i coudnt have noticed it without you :)/>
Koncrete #4
Posted 25 February 2016 - 02:56 AM
Is there any way to get this to control multiple passive reactors from a master terminal?
krakaen #5
Posted 27 February 2016 - 02:16 AM
No, this is only for one reactor
kenzishi #6
Posted 03 March 2016 - 02:06 AM
Hello, firstly id like to say thanks for sharing this program! and now my problem ive run into with said program… :(/>
I cant figure out why but the touch screen will not work for me (first time using i have tried right and left click both do nothing cant use any controls at all. Do i need to hold a special block is there something in config i need to enable for computer craft? (I am on a multiplayer server and can have the owner enable it if this is the issue). Anyways id really like to figure out why this isn't working as this is the best looking design i have yet to see for big reactor programs.
subzero22 #7
Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:12 AM
Lol wow I was just about to paste my own basic one but looks like you beat me to it. Your's is much better than mine as mine is just very basic. good job.
IDerpsI #8
Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:33 AM
i cant get this program to work
it says (reactor :65: invalid redirect target)
kenzishi #9
Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:45 AM
hey you gotta use the first one and name it as startup is the issue then it will auto download the second one and auto run it after just do "label clear" command then pop up your computer and then relabel it and then do this command "pastebin get YnZf1HAR startup" and if its not working then hold Ctrl+R to reboot the computer and then go look at the monitor and it should be running.
Edited on 04 March 2016 - 12:46 AM
SirFirestorm #10
Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:01 AM
I am getting this error message after running the program..

reactor:24: attempt to call nill

so, what am I to do to fix that problem?
krakaen #11
Posted 23 March 2016 - 01:29 AM
Sorry guys it Took some time to answer

I am getting this error message after running the program..

reactor:24: attempt to call nill

so, what am I to do to fix that problem?

This line is to find the monitor… so, are you sure the monitor is connected and the modem is red?

This is wierd…. you don't get an error for when it detect the screen, but you get one when it calls it…. again… no idea, what version of computercraft do you use?

Hello, firstly id like to say thanks for sharing this program! and now my problem ive run into with said program… :(/>
I cant figure out why but the touch screen will not work for me (first time using i have tried right and left click both do nothing cant use any controls at all. Do i need to hold a special block is there something in config i need to enable for computer craft? (I am on a multiplayer server and can have the owner enable it if this is the issue). Anyways id really like to figure out why this isn't working as this is the best looking design i have yet to see for big reactor programs.

Are you using an advanced computer screen? try that
fynned #12
Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:53 PM
Wonderful program! Everything works perfectly. Thank you!

Request: Is it planned to support actively cooled reactors? For me, i'd just be happy if I could connect the Turbine to the computer and if the power buffer is full or at a specific level, it controls the reactor or shuts it off.

That would be so lovely. I'm not good in coding, and I don't even know how to edit your code fur my purpose, thus i've tried.
RedNeckSnailSpit #13
Posted 13 May 2017 - 07:57 AM
This is a really awesome app :D/>

I've been using it for a few days now. It used to take me a couple of hours or so to use at my fuel in my reactor, now it takes days to use one bit of fuel :D/>

Only thing was that it was a pain to get it set up. At first I couldn't get it to detect the reactor, then it wouldn't detect the monitor, but turning it off and on again several times seems to fix that issue, lol.
Jonnhycraft #14
Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:01 AM
Great Programm. Thank you
Edited on 29 October 2017 - 06:22 PM
Caaruzo #15
Posted 29 October 2017 - 02:04 PM
Hello There. I really like this Programm. Thanks for that. But i got one Problem.

It doesnt run very smooth for me. after several times when it adjusted down the rods, it Stops working with java null pointer exception :(/>

The Script Stops running then and i need to restart it.

What can i do?

Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
Computercraft Version: 1.75
Big Reactors Version: 0.4.3A
Java Running on my machine: oracle Java 8 latest version
(java version "1.8.0_151"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_151-b12)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.151-b12, mixed mode))

Hope someone can help me please.

Thanks, Greetings J.