I have created a ComputerCraft program for Automating the Inscriber from Applied Energetics.

I have seen and used several other ways to do this, using several inscribers and teaching the ME-system how to do it, several inscribers and pipes/ducts/conduits, one inscriber and a factory manager are three of them. I have not seen a ComputerCraft based version.

My setup requires:
  • 1 Inscriber
  • 3 chests
  • 4 peripheral proxys (from openPeripheralAddons)
  • 5 Modems
  • some networking cables

On the second image is the chest at the far most end at the inscribers top, here do you out the presses and all printed non-silicon parts is temporary stored here

the chest closest to the camera is there printed silicon is temporary stored

the chest on the side is the output/input chest

All three chests are needed beacuse how the inscriber works, you need to input on specific sides but can output on any.

Configuration help
SpoilerFirst, here is the configuration part of the code:
local pressChest = peripheral.wrap("chest_1")
local resourceChest = peripheral.wrap("chest_2")
local insc = peripheral.wrap("left") -- network name is tileinscriber_x there x is a number
local siliChest = peripheral.wrap("chest_0")
local pressChestDir = "east"
local resourceChestDir = "north"
local siliChestDir = "west"
local printDBG = false
local sleepDBG = false

pressChest: the chest most far away in the image, where the four inscriber presses needs to be placed
resourceChest: the input/output chest on the side
insc: short for inscriber
siliChest: short for siliconChest, the bottom one in the image, here is printed silicon temporarily stored

pressChestDir: If you stand on the Inscriber, in witch direction is the pressChest?
resourceChestDir: If you stand on the Inscriber, in witch direction is the resourceChest?
siliChestDir: If you stand on the Inscriber, in witch direction is the siliChest?

printDBG: prints debug messages if set to true, making it a little easier to find errors
sleepDBG: if set to true the program will run slower to make it easier find errors

License is MIT

Download

pastebin code: wbq0aM1u
http://pastebin.com/wbq0aM1u

What do you think of this?