This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
MineRobber___T's profile picture

1.8.9 EnderStorage Alternative?

Started by MineRobber___T, 21 March 2016 - 06:00 PM
MineRobber___T #1
Posted 21 March 2016 - 07:00 PM
EnderStorage has not been updated to 1.8.9, yet I want to be able to move items from a turtle to my base. Does anyone know of any alternatives? I also like having the backpacks that link to the chest, so I can piggyback off of the autosmelt system I set up for the mining turtle.
KingofGamesYami #2
Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:05 PM
quadcopters has that capability.
Lyqyd #3
Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:20 PM
Has not yet been updated to 1.8.9, though. I appreciate the mention, though!
Lupus590 #4
Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:40 PM
Vanilla train system?

Dedicated ferrying turtle?
Edited on 21 March 2016 - 07:40 PM
MineRobber___T #5
Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:50 PM
Vanilla train system?

Dedicated ferrying turtle?

The thing is, I'd rather not set up a GPS system, and I like the turtle being able to place the chest, put the item into it, and then break and pick up the chest. If I were to set up a GPS system, I might as well just make the turtle save its coords, go to the chest, put the item in, and then go back to its previous location. If I can find a suitable alternative (or ChickenBones comes out of their hiatus and updates EnderStorage), my idea is to create an AI for ComputerCraft that allows a turtle to go out on its own, mining or farming or whatever, and be able to dump items into a chest that someone can access from their base.
Edited on 21 March 2016 - 08:50 PM
Lupus590 #6
Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:09 PM
LAMA may be of use to you then: https://github.com/KingofGamesYami/LAMA

It basically tracks the turtles location for you and allows the running program to use the GPS api as if it's always in range (provided as the turtle is properly configured - i.e. hasn't been moved externally since it's set-up)