This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
dan200's profile picture

Where are all my posts?

Started by dan200, 14 May 2016 - 11:36 PM
dan200 #1
Posted 15 May 2016 - 01:36 AM
Hey everyone,

This evening, one of our forum admins accidentally took an action in the admin control panel that deleted every single user on the forums. This necessitated rolling the forums back to the last known backup, which was taken on May 3rd, just after the last forum outage. This wasn't related to the recent hacking incidents.

Consequently, all posts (and other content) created between then and now have been lost, I'm really sorry about this :(/>
Feel free to make the same topics and posts again. Steps have been taken to ensure this won't happen again.

Dan
H4X0RZ #2
Posted 15 May 2016 - 02:05 AM
Oh, that's sad.

Thank you so much for doing all this for us. I love you, Dan <3 (#nohomo)
Waitdev_ #3
Posted 15 May 2016 - 02:23 AM
That sucks, but don't worry, it wasn't too much, and we will all still love you <3

(Also, I don't want to point him out and give him hate, but was it Lyqyd? I've noticed he's just been demoted to moderator)
Edited on 15 May 2016 - 12:27 AM
Lyqyd #4
Posted 15 May 2016 - 02:33 AM
The administrative action that Dan mentioned was made by myself. Without going into details, what was supposed to be a limited purge of spam accounts ended up accidentally selecting all accounts. I quickly brought the forums offline and contacted Dan to request help fixing the incorrect action. We were unable to fix the issue manually, necessitating the rollback that caused the loss of posts. As a result, my access to the admin panel has been removed.

I apologize for causing everyone to lose their recent posts.
Waitdev_ #5
Posted 15 May 2016 - 02:36 AM
The administrative action that Dan mentioned was made by myself. Without going into details, what was supposed to be a limited purge of spam accounts ended up accidentally selecting all accounts. I quickly brought the forums offline and contacted Dan to request help fixing the incorrect action. We were unable to fix the issue manually, necessitating the rollback that caused the loss of posts. As a result, my access to the admin panel has been removed.

Personally, I forgive you. We all make mistakes, and I think that I can understand this one quite well.
Saldor010 #6
Posted 15 May 2016 - 02:41 AM

Personally, I don't see why a proven to be good admin would lose his control panel privileges over one mistake (even if it was a big one), but I suppose Dan has his reasons. I forgive you and hope you get your admin status back soon.

EDIT: And thank you Dan for fixing the issue and bringing the site back online. Sorry that I forgot to mention you earlier, we were all fixated on Lyqyd and forgot about the guy who actually fixed everything.
Edited on 16 May 2016 - 12:26 AM
oeed #7
Posted 15 May 2016 - 03:31 AM
Personally, I don't see why a proven to be good admin would lose his control panel privileges over one mistake (even if it was a big one), but I suppose Dan has his reasons. I forgive you and hope you get your admin status back soon.

I'd have to agree myself, although I have no idea whether the majority of what Lyqyd does requires administrator or not.
Dragon53535 #8
Posted 15 May 2016 - 05:42 AM
Lyqyd you'll always be an admin in my heart <3. That being said does that mean that Dan is the only active one left with admin powers?
Luca_S #9
Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:36 AM
Can someone explain me this please: http://www.computerc...post__p__251252

Posting this here because it appeared right after the rollback
<p><strong class="bbc" style="color: rgb(40, 40, 40); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Text:</strong> Luca_S</p>
<div><br style="color: rgb(40, 40, 40); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif;" />
<strong class="bbc" style="color: rgb(40, 40, 40); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Special style:</strong> If you have a great idea for a special style feel free to use<br style="color: rgb(40, 40, 40); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif;" />
<br style="color: rgb(40, 40, 40); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif;" />
<strong class="bbc" style="color: rgb(40, 40, 40); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Size: </strong>2048x2048 and if possible one that is like a banner(90x970)<br style="color: rgb(40, 40, 40); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif;" />
<br style="color: rgb(40, 40, 40); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif;" />
<strong class="bbc" style="color: rgb(40, 40, 40); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Additional text?: </strong>My Website: acul.me<br style="color: rgb(40, 40, 40); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif;" />
<strong class="bbc" style="color: rgb(40, 40, 40); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Font?: </strong>Something futuristic. Your choice, gonna trust you.<br style="color: rgb(40, 40, 40); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif;" />
<strong class="bbc" style="color: rgb(40, 40, 40); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">File format:</strong> PNG &amp;amp; SVG</div>
Edited on 15 May 2016 - 05:37 AM
Lyqyd #10
Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:54 AM

My mistake did result in several hours of Dan's time being spent on forum maintenance that he shouldn't have had to do. It's completely understandable that he'd want to put measures in place to prevent this sort of issue from arising again. Thank you for the well-wishes!

Lyqyd you'll always be an admin in my heart <3. That being said does that mean that Dan is the only active one left with admin powers?

Yes, Dan's account is the only account with administrative privileges, as far as I'm aware.

I've fixed this post. I'm not sure why it ended up that way, but it should be good now.
Luca_S #11
Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:39 AM
-snip-

I've fixed this post. I'm not sure why it ended up that way, but it should be good now.
Thanks
HDeffo #12
Posted 15 May 2016 - 02:02 PM
I don't think any of us are upset I know ive accidentally broken things a thousand times worse. I am just glad the website didn't get hacked again like I first feared when I saw it was down
FoxData #13
Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:00 PM
What stuff did i lose? Any programs? Any posts? Any replies?
HDeffo #14
Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:05 PM
What stuff did i lose? Any programs? Any posts? Any replies?

anything you posted after may 3rd is gone
EveryOS #15
Posted 16 May 2016 - 01:03 PM
You also lost profile views. I only have half of what should.

Who made the 'delete all users' button or whatever?

I guess what used to be my 2nd-favorite admin is now my 2nd-favorite moderator. Still '2nd-favorite'

Also, backup the server everyday, not just when a DDOS hacker comes in, and we won't have this type of problem.

I don't think any of us are upset
I think your a bit wrong and crazy?
Edited on 16 May 2016 - 11:00 AM
DannySMc #16
Posted 16 May 2016 - 01:11 PM

I guess what used to be my 2nd-favorite admin is now my 2nd-favorite moderator. Still '2nd-favorite'

Also, backup the server everyday, not just when a DDOS hacker comes in, and we won't have this type of problem.

Yeah I really think it's not a massive problem? It's a mistake, it's not that big… I also think that backing up the forums is a large process, and a lot of space, something that really isn't feasible doing everyday or every week, so a backup a month would be good, that can replace the old backup. Maybe even every 2 weeks. I can't say that I feel like we need to keep moaning about it. It's done, move on.

My mistake did result in several hours of Dan's time being spent on forum maintenance that he shouldn't have had to do. It's completely understandable that he'd want to put measures in place to prevent this sort of issue from arising again. Thank you for the well-wishes!

I also don't see the point of you losing you're position… I feel like you do a fairly good job and just because you made a mistake I feel like it's something you can learn from and next time be a little more careful OR do a backup before hand, still no real need for it though.
dan200 #17
Posted 16 May 2016 - 04:03 PM
Yeah, Lyqyd will be re-admin-ed once I've set up a system for daily/weekly backups (at the moment, it was just by luck that this happened when we had a fairly recent backup. If it happened a month ago we'd have lost a year+ of posts). But until I make time for that, I want to play safe!
DannySMc #18
Posted 16 May 2016 - 04:31 PM
Yeah, Lyqyd will be re-admin-ed once I've set up a system for daily/weekly backups (at the moment, it was just by luck that this happened when we had a fairly recent backup. If it happened a month ago we'd have lost a year+ of posts). But until I make time for that, I want to play safe!

Fair enough!
EveryOS #19
Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:23 PM
Good
Creator #20
Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:03 PM

Maybe you can have daily backups, and after a month or two you delete the daily ones and keep only monthly/weekly ones.
3d6 #21
Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:48 PM
(at the moment, it was just by luck that this happened when we had a fairly recent backup. If it happened a month ago we'd have lost a year+ of posts)
Wait, if the first backup of the year was made directly after the hack/ddos that happened two weeks ago, does that mean that the hacker inadvertently saved 4,000+ topics from being accidentally lost?
Edited on 16 May 2016 - 06:49 PM
apemanzilla #22
Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:53 PM
(at the moment, it was just by luck that this happened when we had a fairly recent backup. If it happened a month ago we'd have lost a year+ of posts)
Wait, if the first backup of the year was made directly after the hack/ddos that happened two weeks ago, does that mean that the hacker inadvertently saved 4,000+ topics from being accidentally lost?

Thanks hacker!
Luca_S #23
Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:50 PM
If I understood dan correctly, yes! But I think 4,000 is a bit low for a whole year.
TheRockettek #24
Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:26 AM
;)/> Should of added a confirm button to delete accounts.

Well like once you pressed delete it would ask if you were sure :P/>
DannySMc #25
Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:44 AM
;)/> Should of added a confirm button to delete accounts.

Well like once you pressed delete it would ask if you were sure :P/>

If I am correct it isn't a "delete all users" buttons, I think it was a script that Lyqyd was making to help remove all the spam accounts, and instead he selected all accounts by accident.
EveryOS #26
Posted 17 May 2016 - 03:31 PM
Wait, if the first backup of the year was made directly after the hack/ddos that happened two weeks ago, does that mean that the hacker inadvertently saved 4,000+ topics from being accidentally lost?!
I love you, and I'm in your closet!!
HDeffo #27
Posted 17 May 2016 - 04:11 PM
The amount of damage that would have happened had the website NOT been hacked is pretty hilarious. I guess sometimes things just work out
Mumbai #28
Posted 17 May 2016 - 05:37 PM
Great. So my account MumbaiHHS and Mumbai I am no longer able to access.

Yes. Then I won't be blamed for attacks. But good to see as he said in his comments, it will be backed up every month or so. Although 2 gigs is too much to backup, perhaps just a month.

;)/>/> Should of added a confirm button to delete accounts.

Well like once you pressed delete it would ask if you were sure :P/>/>
Ha have one of those Windows Vista "Are You Sure?"
Creator #29
Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:54 PM
The amount of damage that would have happened had the website NOT been hacked is pretty hilarious. I guess sometimes things just work out

Yeah, but if the attack had not happened, maybe Lyqyd would not have had the idea to remove spam accounts.

I guess we will never know. Anyway, I think it is great Lyqyd had the right intentions, unlike the attackers.
TheRockettek #30
Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:22 PM
Maybe the hacker knew that Lyqtd was going to accidentaly delete all the users so the hacker made sure the server was backed up by ddosing it.
Maybe the hacker was Lyqyd :o/>

HDeffo #31
Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:21 PM
The hacker was Dan himself who knew if he DDoSsed his own server it would lead to lyqyd writing a script to select spam accounts which would accidentally delete all accounts giving Dan the motivation he knew he needed to update the server and work on automated back ups. This is why there was a back-up so close because he knew this would happen :o/>
3d6 #32
Posted 18 May 2016 - 03:35 AM
I think you guys figured it all out
TheRockettek #33
Posted 18 May 2016 - 03:45 PM
The hacker was Dan himself who knew if he DDoSsed his own server it would lead to lyqyd writing a script to select spam accounts which would accidentally delete all accounts giving Dan the motivation he knew he needed to update the server and work on automated back ups. This is why there was a back-up so close because he knew this would happen :o/>

If he did this so he can motivate himelf to add automatic backups. Why did get ddos it in the first place, just doing auto backups would of just been easyer as so much stress he gad with fixing it.

I think you guys figured it all out

Maybe your trying to lead us all in the wrong direction. You are using krist as a way to crack sha256 codes so you can hacked the american bank. All th cracked codes are being stored and if you peice them all together then turn it into binary then convert it into a png you get:

3d6 and Dan200 are not just part of the illuminati, they are also reptilians too.

Engineer #34
Posted 18 May 2016 - 08:24 PM
Lyqyd being an admin VS moderator is like potato potáto, because I think he is some sort of supervisor for all the other moderators. The 'downgrade' is, I think, more of a preventitive matter than an actual downgrade.
LoganDark #35
Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:07 PM
Aw, I lost lots of very important posts on my free logos thread. :(/>
Mumbai #36
Posted 23 September 2016 - 06:23 PM
bye bye logos.
Lyqyd #37
Posted 23 September 2016 - 07:39 PM
I'm un-pinning this topic, as it is no longer a recent event.