This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
DireEpidemic's profile picture

How about simple copy and paste for multi >_>

Started by DireEpidemic, 16 July 2012 - 10:51 PM
DireEpidemic #1
Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:51 AM
Simple tired of getting kicked from the server saying I'm afk for 5mins while I'm programming its getting ridiculous.
Cloudy #2
Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:03 AM
In edit, press Ctrl, then Ctrl V. You can copy and paste a script a line at a time.
DireEpidemic #3
Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:11 AM
In edit, press Ctrl, then Ctrl V. You can copy and paste a script a line at a time.

:P/>/>
KingMachine #4
Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:36 PM
I don't necessarily agree with copy paste because of the immersion of programming is quite nice. Making it less goal oriented and just enjoying your time doing it for the practice is what makes coding so great. However, yes, the afk thing is pretty fucked. Luckily I run my own server so afk doesn't get you kicked where I come from :P/>/>. My suggestion addendum would be to create minecraft events each time you hit enter to prevent the afk.
Sxw #5
Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:49 PM
Ask the server owner to make you not be kicked by afk?
DireEpidemic #6
Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:03 PM
Ask the server owner to make you not be kicked by afk?
hello yes server owner make it to where i am unkickable for afking >_>
Darky_Alan #7
Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:11 AM
I don't necessarily agree with copy paste because of the immersion of programming is quite nice. Making it less goal oriented and just enjoying your time doing it for the practice is what makes coding so great. However, yes, the afk thing is pretty fucked. Luckily I run my own server so afk doesn't get you kicked where I come from :)/>/>. My suggestion addendum would be to create minecraft events each time you hit enter to prevent the afk.
I kinda get your point but don't like it at the same time. I avoid coding in-game as much as possible, by coding I mean writing a code from scratch simply because there's no TABS and spacing makes it difficult to find something I need to modify on the fly on some big code. I just crack up sublime and SLOWLY re-type out my code, this again can be very tedious if lets say you have a complex program with over 100 lines.
Noodle #8
Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:06 PM
You could just put it on pastebin or go back into minecraft and move around a bit. Another suggestion is to ask the server owner to go into their essentials config and get rid of the AFK kicker.