This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Xtansia's profile picture

[CC1.5]ComputerCraft Emulator V0.57 (February 19th)

Started by Xtansia, 17 July 2012 - 09:21 AM
Xtansia #1
Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:21 AM
Due to this project no longer being continued, I am adding a note here, pointing people to the NEW version: http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/18789-ccemuredux-development/

-Cranium

Spoiler

This an emulator of ComputerCraft that does not require Minecraft to be installed, But allows you to run computers as if you were in Minecraft.

Attention:
This project is pretty much dead at this point in time, I just do not have the time available to work on it (the very thing that caused Lochie to leave and eventually begin his own project), neither do I at this point in time have the 'enterprise' level skills/knowledge to compete with the kind of plans and features Lochie has in store for CCDesk. I'll endeavor to keep the applet online until I feel it is time to take it down. Thank you to all the people who supported me and this project and I wish Lochie all the best with CCDesk.

Features:
-All the apis from ComputerCraft are enabled
-Supports advanced computers
-That includes rednet so all the emulated computers can talk to each other
-All the computers come with a modem on the right hand side, ie rednet.open("right")

Installation/Running:
NOTE: Requires Java 1.6
This emulator strives to retain as much original functionality of the mod as it can. One thing that helps to achieve this is that Dan200 has given me permission to use the original mod classes in the emulator.
All you need to do is run the launcher .jar and it will automatically download the core cc-emu files along with computercraft and the lwjgl library files. If there is an updated version it will ask you if you would like to download the new version ^_^/>

A directory named ccemu will be created in one of these places:
On Windows -> %appdata%.ccemu
On Linux -> ~/.ccemu
On Mac -> ~/Library/Application Support/ccemu

Inside it you will find these things
- bin folder, Where cc-emu, computercraft, lwjgl libs are kept
- saves folder, Where the computers files and folders are kept
- screenshots folder, Where screenshots taken from cc-emu are kept
- crash-reports folder, Where crash-reports if they occur are kept
- mods folder, Not created by default but you can manually make the directory structure of ccemu/mods/ComputerCraft/lua/rom So that you can externally edit/make programs stored in the rom
- EmulatorSettings.cfg, This is the configuration file for cc-emu
- ccemu-X.log, Are log files not much gets written to these atm except for exceptions that cause the aforementioned crash reports

Using It:

//Sorry still working on some new screenshots ;P
This will do for now:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2CKB580usE&feature=plcp[/media]
Shortcuts:
CTRL + T : Terminate focused computers
CTRL + S : Shutdown focused computers
CTRL + R : Reboot focused computers
CTRL + V : Paste clipboard into focused computers
ESCAPE : Close all focused computers
CTRL + N : Quick create a new computer, Auto sets id to lowest avail.
CTRL + ALT + N : Quick create a new adv computer, Auto sets id to lowest avail.
F1 : Take screenshot
F2 : Toggle some debug info
CTRL + Right Click : Add computer to focused 'list'
Left Click : Give lone focus / move computer

Config File:
Example default config file:
# Configuration file
# Generated on 23/10/12 4:37 PM

####################
# general
####################

general {
   # The disk space limit for computers, in bytes (0 is unlimited)
   computerSpaceLimit=2097152
   # The colour of the Emulator background (blue component);[def: 163]
   emulator_backgroundColour_b=163
   # The colour of the Emulator background (green component);[def: 122]
   emulator_backgroundColour_g=122
   # The colour of the Emulator background (red component);[def: 48]
   emulator_backgroundColour_r=48
   # The amount of scaling that is applied to the Computer screens;[def: 1]
   emulator_guiScale=1
   # Enable the "http" API on Computers;[def: false]
   enableAPI_http=false
   # The colour of the Computer screen 'frame' when focused (blue component);[def: 0]
   terminal_focusColour_b=0
   # The colour of the Computer screen 'frame' when focused (green component);[def: 0]
   terminal_focusColour_g=0
   # The colour of the Computer screen 'frame' when focused (red component);[def: 255]
   terminal_focusColour_r=255
   # The height of Computer screens, in characters;[def: 19]
   terminal_height=19
   # The width of Computer screens, in characters;[def: 51]
   terminal_width=51
}

Downloads:
CC-Emu Launcher[cc-emu V0.5 and up][Oct 23rd]: [Removed by request. -L]

Bug/Issue/Suggestion Reporting:
If you have a bug or issue to report or even a suggestion, please post them here: CC-Emu Issues
This makes it a lot easier to keep track of them.
You can also contact me quite often on the EsperNet IRC in the #computercraft channel and also the #cc-emu channel although nobody else ever goes in there :C
Or alternatively you can post here on this thread with your reports/suggestions.

Changelog:
23/10/2012: Version 0.5pr4
-Major rewrite
-Updated lwjgl to 2.8.3
-Updated ComputerCraft to 1.45
-Moveable Computer 'screens'
-Added Advanced Computers
-Added screenshot function, F1
-Added show [not very helpful] debug info, F2
-Uses fixed install directory
-Added toolbar
-Now uses a launcher system
-Now downloads all required libraries
-Better Crash Reporting
--> Shows crash-report screen
--> Saves crash-reports to file
-Window is resizeable
-Fixed the computer frame render 'bug'
-Added ability to create new computers with CTRL+N
-Added ability to close computers
-Removed CTRL+PgUp & CTRL+PgDn shortcuts

20/7/2012: Version 0.4
-Fixed Heater Issue
-Added ability to change static directory
-Made CC installation checking more robust
-Added Font scaling in config
-Added ability to cycle focus with CTRL + (PgUp || PgDn)
-Added ability to paste text

17/7/2012: Version 0.3
-Initial release

Donate:
If you would like to show your support for CC-Emu, consider using the donation button below to help me out. All proceeds will go into purchasing web hosting and the like for the web applet and other web based services for CC-Emu. Until such time that I have web hosting I'll put all donators below and after on a special page hosted on the website, please specify your username if you would like to appear on the list in the special instructions box on the donation page. :)/>/>

Donators:
Spoiler[member='Mirodin']
I love all you peoples :D/>/>

License:
SpoilerTERMS AND CONDITIONS

0. USED TERMS
CC DEVELOPERS - Dan200 and Cloudy
COMPUTERCRAFT - The modification developed by the CC DEVELOPERS for the Minecraft game developed by Mojang.
EMULATOR - a piece of software that interfaces with the COMPUTERCRAFT mod to simulate use similar to use of that inside the Minecraft game
OWNER - Original author(s) of the EMULATOR
USER - End user of the emulator, person using the emulator.

TERMS and CONDITIONS are subject to change without notice or forewarning at anytime at the OWNERS discretion

1. LIABILITY
THIS EMULATOR IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS EMULATOR TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS EMULATOR. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS EMULATOR FALL ON THE USER.

2. USE
Use of this EMULATOR to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.

3. REDISTRIBUTION
This EMULATOR may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely. All mirrors of this emulator must have advance written permission from the OWNER and the CC DEVELOPERS. ANY attempts to make money off of this EMULATOR (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) not by the OWNER are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER and or CC DEVELOPERS may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.

4. DERIVATIVE WORKS/MODIFICATION
This emulator is provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of this EMULATOR require advance written permission of the OWNER and CC DEVELOPERS and may be subject to certain terms.
This includes reuse of substantial amounts of source code from the EMULATOR that has been accessed through the use of a decompiler or bytecode editor.

Copyright © Tomass 2012.

Permission has been given to me (tomass1996) to use and redistribute the ComputerCraft mod and associated files by dan200.

LWJGL License: http://lwjgl.org/license.php
Edited by
Tiin57 #2
Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:25 AM
Edit: Thank you! Testing on OS X now.
Xtansia #3
Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:50 AM
Yay, thank you for the first CC emulator that actually works with CraftOS apis and programs! However, I don't see a download link. I'll test on OS X as soon as one goes up.

Page currently under construction once I have finished writing up the page and adding images it will go up,
Submitting the thread before it is finished is like saving it in case I stuff up.
Mendax #4
Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:00 PM
:P/>/> you released it! I'm happy :)/>/> Time to work on ShadOS ;)/>/>
EDIT: D: No DL link? D:
Xtansia #5
Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:10 PM
:P/>/> you released it! I'm happy :)/>/> Time to work on ShadOS ;)/>/>
EDIT: D: No DL link? D:

Read the top of the thread
UNDER-CONSTRUCTION
Mendax #6
Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:14 PM
Read the top of the thread
UNDER-CONSTRUCTION
I know. Still. I'll wait a bit… :P/>/>
Xtansia #7
Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:19 PM
Ok guys DL link should be up within half an hour just need to do a couple tweaks.
Mendax #8
Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:25 PM
Ok guys DL link should be up within half an hour just need to do a couple tweaks.
:)/>/> ;)/>/> ;)/>/> ;)/>/> :)/>/> Please tell me you can add files to the computer dir :D/>/> :D/>/> :D/>/> :D/>/> :D/>/>
EDIT:
hfjdhdkjhk Never mind :P/>/>
Xtansia #9
Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:27 PM
:P/>/> :)/>/> ;)/>/> ;)/>/> ;)/>/> Please tell me you can add files to the computer dir :)/>/> :D/>/> :D/>/> :D/>/> :D/>/>

You mean the dir that are the id numbers? Well then yes, they're just like normal CC computers
Mendax #10
Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:57 PM
P.S. I'm refreshing this page every five mins to check if it's up :P/>/>
Xtansia #11
Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:05 PM
Houston, We have lift off.
Mendax #12
Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:07 PM
:P/>/> YAY :)/>/> YAY
samrg472 #13
Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:44 PM
Nice work on this :P/>/>
Xtansia #14
Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:56 PM
Nice work on this :P/>/>

Thank you,
Glad you like it.

In other news I've gotten reports of it working on linux.
Tiin57 #15
Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:59 PM
Ok, excellent job and all, still quite impressed, but on OS X, it starts and goes to the terminal screen fine, but with a 2x2 setup, I cannot change screens or input to the default selected screen. (I am running Mountain Lion, or OS X 10.8).
Also, a copy/paste function would be nice.
Finally, how would I make a program available to all the emulator computers? They don't seem to read anything except the default programs in mods/computercraft/lua/rom/programs.
Sxw #16
Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:07 PM
Ohhhhhhh, I have Lion (NOT the dev version that tiin57 has, the one that normal people have and im testing in in just a sec…
EDIT:Same result as tiin. D:
kazagistar #17
Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:12 PM
Finally, how would I make a program available to all the emulator computers? They don't seem to read anything except the default programs in mods/computercraft/lua/rom/programs.
They are a full emulator, as far as I can tell, so they will read bios and startup just like any a computercraft computer, have the same limitations, etc.

On another note, I have a small issue… the program does not idle. I don't know if this is a CC limitation or what, but idling 1 terminal causes 99% CPU usage and causes it to enter heater mode.
luingar #18
Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:49 AM
Suggestion. Context menu. This could let you do many many things, making the emulator a much better testing enviroment without sacrificing asthetics or realistic-ness (I hate when I forget a word)

here's a shitty photoshop of how it could look.

Xtansia #19
Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:30 AM
Ok, excellent job and all, still quite impressed, but on OS X, it starts and goes to the terminal screen fine, but with a 2x2 setup, I cannot change screens or input to the default selected screen. (I am running Mountain Lion, or OS X 10.8).
Ohhhhhhh, I have Lion (NOT the dev version that tiin57 has, the one that normal people have and im testing in in just a sec…

Hmm that is strange it *should* work though that obviously not guaranteed due to each os being different.
Did you get any errors output in your terminal/console window?
It sounds like an issue with LWJGL + OSX
Xtansia #20
Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:41 AM
On another note, I have a small issue… the program does not idle. I don't know if this is a CC limitation or what, but idling 1 terminal causes 99% CPU usage and causes it to enter heater mode.

Hmm that isn't good I'll see if I can mend this.
Fokka #21
Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:15 PM
It would be nice if we could just Choose the CC Folder in a manual way.
Ponder #22
Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:45 PM
Is there a way to change the font size? I'm running it on Linux and I find it a bit hard to read.
As a suggestion, it would be handy if one could circle through the computer via Strg+PgUp/Down or the like.

Anyway, thanks mate. This is really nice.

EDIT: I just noticed that there seems to be a problem first the first computer in your emulator, it has the id 0, but rednet refuses to send messages to ids < 1.
Sxw #23
Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:51 PM
The MC classic doesent work on osx either, ill start from terminal later and look at the log.
Xtansia #24
Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:17 AM
Sorry for no updates recently been busy with school work.
But I am working on it.

Is there a way to change the font size? I'm running it on Linux and I find it a bit hard to read.
As a suggestion, it would be handy if one could circle through the computer via Strg+PgUp/Down or the like.

Anyway, thanks mate. This is really nice.

EDIT: I just noticed that there seems to be a problem first the first computer in your emulator, it has the id 0, but rednet refuses to send messages to ids < 1.
I'm planning on adding font scaling to the next version, I will also look into PgUp/PgDn cycling.
Rednet works perfectly fine for me, are you opening rednet on both? Setting id 0 to receive? Could you post a screenshot or even a video of it not working?

The MC classic doesent work on osx either, ill start from terminal later and look at the log.
Thank you, I really want to get this compatibility issue sorted, It could be a clash with the LWJGL version I'm using.
Ponder #25
Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:30 AM
I'm planning on adding font scaling to the next version, I will also look into PgUp/PgDn cycling.
Rednet works perfectly fine for me, are you opening rednet on both? Setting id 0 to receive? Could you post a screenshot or even a video of it not working?

Ok, scratch that. Apparently that was a bug in my program. Not in yours. Sorry. :S
Xtansia #26
Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:04 AM

Ok, scratch that. Apparently that was a bug in my program. Not in yours. Sorry. :S

That's ok, Everybody derps up sometimes :P/>/>.
Xtansia #27
Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:42 PM
20/7/2012: Version 0.4
-Fixed Heater Issue
-Added ability to change static directory
-Made CC installation checking more robust
-Added Font scaling in config
-Added ability to cycle focus with CTRL + (PgUp || PgDn)
-Added ability to paste text
Ponder #28
Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:19 PM
Font resizing works fine now, way better to read now, thanks. :)/>/>

Focus Cycling not as good. It has some issues if you cycle through all computers. If you then press PgDn another time, focus is not on any of the computers (fine till now, just click on any to regain focus), but if you then press PgUp/Dn again, it freezes and java throws the following exception:
Spoiler[…]
CCEmu: Loaded Natives
CCEmu: Setup Config
CCEmu: Setup Display
CCEmu: Setup OpenGL States
CCEmu: Setup OpenGL Matrices
CCEmu: Setup Textures
CCEmu: Setup Slave Emulators
CCEmu: Finished All Setup
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 4
at org.tomass1996.ccemu.MasterEmulator.input(Unknown Source)
at org.tomass1996.ccemu.MasterEmulator.run(Unknown Source)
at org.tomass1996.ccemu.EmulatorFrame.startEmulator(Unknown Source)
at org.tomass1996.ccemu.EmulatorFrame.access$200(Unknown Source)
at org.tomass1996.ccemu.EmulatorFrame$2.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1995)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2318)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:387)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:242)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:236)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6288)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3267)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6053)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2041)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4651)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2099)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4481)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4577)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4238)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4168)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2085)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2478)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:643)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(EventQueue.java:84)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(EventQueue.java:602)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(EventQueue.java:600)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:87)
at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:98)
at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:616)
at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:614)
at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:87)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:613)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:174)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)
^C

Also, when quiting a window with more than one computer inside, it throws this (it does not do anything else, so you just notice it, when running it on cli)
Spoiler[…]
#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007fcdf5180f58, pid=5944, tid=140522576119552
#
# JRE version: 6.0_26-b03
# Java VM: Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (20.1-b02 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C [libX11.so.6+0x3cf58] XQueryExtension+0x28
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /home/ponder/.ccemu/hs_err_pid5944.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://java.sun.com/...eport/crash.jsp
#

On something minor at last: At the moment it seems the emulator just dumps its config/save/error files into the working dir, so basically when running ccemu from a different location it does not load the old configuration, which is unfortunate.

However, I don't want to make you bad, this emulator is still awesome, keep it up!
schrolock #29
Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:54 PM
can you add an bigger GUI??
Xtansia #30
Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:13 AM

Focus Cycling not as good. It has some issues if you cycle through all computers. If you then press PgDn another time, focus is not on any of the computers (fine till now, just click on any to regain focus), but if you then press PgUp/Dn again, it freezes and java throws the following exception:
Spoiler[…]
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 4
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:387)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:236)
at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:98)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:174)
^C

Also, when quiting a window with more than one computer inside, it throws this (it does not do anything else, so you just notice it, when running it on cli)
Spoiler[…]
#
#
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (20.1-b02 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
#
#
#

On something minor at last: At the moment it seems the emulator just dumps its config/save/error files into the working dir, so basically when running ccemu from a different location it does not load the old configuration, which is unfortunate.

However, I don't want to make you bad, this emulator is still awesome, keep it up!
I will check out this issues and hopefully resolve them.
Sorry.

can you add an bigger GUI??
Could you please explain what GUI you want bigger?
Xtansia #31
Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:22 AM
Something I have been thinking about is changing the setup so that it is similar to that of Minecraft.
Where you have a launcher that handles updating/downloading etc
And then a ccemu folder in %appdata% for Windows etc like Minecraft does,
In this folder would be where the saves etc are stored

And I want to know what your guys opinions on this are.
Xtansia #32
Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:28 AM

Spoiler[…]
^C

Spoiler[…]
#
#
#
# Problematic frame:
#
#
#

1. The focus cycling bug is squashed in the next version, some of my math was out by one :C
2. I can't reproduce that error on close on Windows, It appears to be Linux X11 window system not liking something.
3. I've been wanting to make a better solution, What do you think about my thoughts above.
Ponder #33
Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:17 AM
1. Alright, thanks.
2. Mhkay, since it does not affect anything while working with it, it is not tragic I guess.
3. Havin a launcher is a solution, and probably the best one if you want to have a automatic updater and stuff like that, if not a config dir in %AppData% where it dumps all its stuff would also do the trick.
Tiin57 #34
Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:03 PM
Something I have been thinking about is changing the setup so that it is similar to that of Minecraft.
Where you have a launcher that handles updating/downloading etc
And then a ccemu folder in %appdata% for Windows etc like Minecraft does,
In this folder would be where the saves etc are stored

And I want to know what your guys opinions on this are.
Please do this! Would that allow you to put files into the global LUA directory?
Xtansia #35
Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:36 PM
Please do this! Would that allow you to put files into the global LUA directory?
If your meaning the mods/ComputerCraft/lua/rom/* directories you can do that already.
Also Lua is not an acronym.
Darky_Alan #36
Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:19 PM
This is really REALLY neat, especially for a beginner like me, thanks for the tool man!
Gamer36 #37
Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:53 PM

Hmm that is strange it *should* work though that obviously not guaranteed due to each os being different.
Did you get any errors output in your terminal/console window?
It sounds like an issue with LWJGL + OSX

Like tiin57 and Sxw1212 said, it works fine when running the jar, but it you can't select a window or input anything. When run in terminal it does't open any windows (not sure why, never run anything from terminal before) and gives these errors:

ccemu.jar: line 1: PK: command not found
ccemu.jar: line 2:???@: command not found
ccemu.jar: line 3???@D?: command not found
ccemu.jar: line 4: syntax error near unexpected token `('
ccemu.jar: line 4: `?|?META-INF/MANIFEST.MFM??? Ew??Q^(1j???M7W?ħ???<p??K7??s?1??o?9?ة?}?#???C??z^?Jᘰ?S?ݿ????~X???I??kb,??J1b??͘s??????m??=-_?)??PK'
Tiin57 #38
Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:59 PM
Also Lua is not an acronym.
Woops. Thank you.
schrolock #39
Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:29 PM
i´d like a bigger cc screen.
i tried to change the width and height in the .cfg but it returns automatically to the default options
Noodle #40
Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:04 PM
Need bigger screen! Its like 50x50.. grr.
Atleast add the option.
Xtansia #41
Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:11 PM
Need bigger screen! Its like 50x50.. grr.
Atleast add the option.

There's settings in the config file.
Tiin57 #42
Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:10 PM
There's settings in the config file.
Glad I didn't ask that, then. That's why I logged on. :)/>/>
Xtansia #43
Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:44 PM
Like tiin57 and Sxw1212 said, it works fine when running the jar, but it you can't select a window or input anything. When run in terminal it does't open any windows (not sure why, never run anything from terminal before) and gives these errors:

ccemu.jar: line 1: PK: command not found
ccemu.jar: line 2:???@: command not found
ccemu.jar: line 3???@D?: command not found
ccemu.jar: line 4: syntax error near unexpected token `('
ccemu.jar: line 4: `?|?META-INF/MANIFEST.MFM??? Ew??Q^(1j???M7W?ħ???<p??K7??s?1??o?9?ة?}?#???C??z^?Jᘰ?S?ݿ????~X???I??kb,??J1b??͘s??????m??=-_?)??PK'

That output is because you haven't run the jar correctly from terminal, use:
java -jar ccemu.jar
Noodle #44
Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:51 PM
Where does it save the ".cfg" to?
I've looked inside my AppData folder, the rar, and a lot of other places.
Xtansia #45
Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:55 PM
Where does it save the ".cfg" to?
I've looked inside my AppData folder, the rar, and a lot of other places.

Should be the folder the jar is in/ the folder you run it from.
Noodle #46
Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:28 AM
Hmm.. Not there, I'll redownload.
Doegizfruit #47
Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:14 PM
GREAT WORK
This is a very useful program and makes things way easier on me :)/>/>
limdingwen #48
Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:32 AM
Dosen't work on Mac OSX Lion, Java 7 (1.7). When pressing start emulator the window flashes white and disappears. Normal quit can't work, must use force quit. Downloading Java 6 (1.6).
Xtansia #49
Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:31 AM
Dosen't work on Mac OSX Lion, Java 7 (1.7). When pressing start emulator the window flashes white and disappears. Normal quit can't work, must use force quit. Downloading Java 6 (1.6).

Could you post the console output?
KingMachine #50
Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:56 AM
Bigger screen options. (Scaling, stretching, whatever. I can't see things that small on a 1080p screen)
limdingwen #51
Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:41 AM

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: /Users/wen/Downloads/ccemu-V0/4/ccemu/jar
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: .Users.wen.Downloads.ccemu-V0.4.ccemu.jar
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
Xtansia #52
Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: /Users/wen/Downloads/ccemu-V0/4/ccemu/jar
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: .Users.wen.Downloads.ccemu-V0.4.ccemu.jar

Thats a really weird error to be thrown,
How are you launching the jar?
limdingwen #53
Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

Thats a really weird error to be thrown,
How are you launching the jar?

I'm using the terminal.

java <the path name to the .jar>
When I tried java -jar it said that it could not launch jar file.
Xtansia #54
Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:48 AM
I'm using the terminal.

java <the path name to the .jar>
When I tried java -jar it said that it could not launch jar file.

Well that explains the class not found error,
But did it only say could not launch jar file when you used -jar?
No other error messages?
limdingwen #55
Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:58 PM
I'm using the terminal.
 java  When I tried java -jar it said that it could not launch jar file. 
Well that explains the class not found error, But did it only say could not launch jar file when you used -jar? No other error messages?
Yea. Just that. May be because of Java 7…. but I can't seem to find a way to downgrade :)/>/>
Tiin57 #56
Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:14 AM
I'll test on OS X tomorrow with

java -jar ccemu.jar
max1220 #57
Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:34 AM
First off all, GREAT emulator.
My OS is Windows 8(Build 8400 German Language)
I should notice, that you have to run it as Admin. Otherwise, the Java-process will stay active, but no windows will be.
Also, it willl be cool(For my Linux netbook, and for other user too :)/>/>) if you can run it without any GUI (Terminal only).

Greetz, max1220.
limdingwen #58
Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:06 AM
I should notice, that you have to run it as Admin. Otherwise, the Java-process will stay active, but no windows will be.
Also, it willl be cool(For my Linux netbook, and for other user too :)/>/>) if you can run it without any GUI (Terminal only).

Greetz, max1220.

Exactly the problem I'm experiencing! However I am the admin….
max1220 #59
Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:20 PM
You have to use Task manager/CMD to run it. Every people on a normal Windows PC CAN be admin.
But you have to run the programm as admin, not with normal permissions.
Run the task manager, select File(I think, got german version) and select new task.
Check the run as adminestrator-field, and select the .jar-File. Now click on Run or Ok or something like that.

Or run the CMD as admin(Start->Search for CMD->Right-Click->Run as admin)
then CD in the .jar's path, and type in java -jar [filename] to run the programm.

If needet, i can reboot to windows, to make some screenshots.
But the text above should have explained everything :)/>/>

Greetz,
max1220

Also, it willl be cool(For my Linux netbook, and for other user too :D/>/>) if you can run it without any GUI (Terminal only).

Greetz, max1220.

Exactly the problem I'm experiencing! However I am the admin….
max1220 #60
Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:35 PM
New kind of … bug maybe?
Under Linux, this needs Graphic Drivers. I think, they are not needet to run this, because the only thing the graphic card has to do is, putting some test on the screen. And if X11/GTK can do this without drivers, why not this emulator?
Also, if you do it as text, not as graphic(I think you do), you can easily do command line support.
(And other cool things like Copy the screen content as text, …)
Will be great if you could do so :)/>/>
System spec: See here

//Edit: Also, the folder selection is a bit annoying.
Maybe make the path-textbox editible? Under Linux, there is also a bug, that the ".minecraft"-directory isn't found right. On my system, it always locates the path at "~/./".
Just small improvements, but maybe usefull :D/>/>
//Edit2: Maybe you should also notice, that this was just a small trie on my server system, and this system isn't Configured for Graphic things.
Otherwise, I would install graphic card drivers.

Greetz, and sorry for 1 more post,
max1220
PixelToast #61
Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:19 AM
i see you searched ccemu
to save you time, here is the dl link
Graypup #62
Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:45 PM
Will my startup filez work?
I need to really get something other than MC to test in.
max1220 #63
Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:35 AM
Tested on my Linux Netbook(Debian 6.0 Stable) with Sun JRE6 / OpenJDK.
Works, great work!

Greetz,
max1220
Xtansia #64
Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:55 AM
Will my startup filez work?
I need to really get something other than MC to test in.

Yes they will, It is just like a normal CC computer just not in MC

Tested on my Linux Netbook(Debian 6.0 Stable) with Sun JRE6 / OpenJDK.
Works, great work!

Greetz,
max1220

Thanks.
Xtansia #65
Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:59 AM
Sorry for nothing new lately been really busy with school work. >.>
But I'm going to start work on the next update, (I've got a good size todo list), Including support for CC1.4!
max1220 #66
Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:38 AM
[left]Lol…. Mine is yours? Your Linux Netbook? ^^ Little fail :ph34r:/>/>[/left]

[left]
[/left]
. . .

News:
  • Tested on my Linux Netbook(Debian 6.0 Stable) with Sun JRE6 / OpenJDK
  • Updated to V. 0.4
  • Reported working on Linux.
. . .

[left]
[/left]
Xtansia #67
Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:10 AM
[left]Lol…. Mine is yours? Your Linux Netbook? ^^ Little fail :ph34r:/>/>[/left]

[left]
[/left]
. . .

News:
  • Tested on my Linux Netbook(Debian 6.0 Stable) with Sun JRE6 / OpenJDK
  • Updated to V. 0.4
  • Reported working on Linux.
. . .

[left]
[/left]

Lol forgot to change it when editing,
*facepalm*
toxicwolf #68
Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:15 AM
If you do change CCEmu to work like Minecraft (using appdata directory etc), would you be able to add an option to save the files instead to it's installed directory so that it can be run on a USB stick etc? This is the same way Notepad++ handles the option to install to a portable location, so I was just wondering :ph34r:/>/> Would be useful for me, dunno about other people.

Also, is it possible to add a config option to change the GUI scale? On my monitor, each ComputerCraft screen is about the size of a credit card, which is quite hard to see. If you could have an option to scale that up (the same way you can scale the GUI in Minecraft itself) that would be great :)/>/>
Xtansia #69
Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:30 AM
If you do change CCEmu to work like Minecraft (using appdata directory etc), would you be able to add an option to save the files instead to it's installed directory so that it can be run on a USB stick etc? This is the same way Notepad++ handles the option to install to a portable location, so I was just wondering :ph34r:/>/> Would be useful for me, dunno about other people.

Yeah I wanted to do something like this,
Any ideas on the most convenient way to implement this,
toxicwolf #70
Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:37 AM
If you do change CCEmu to work like Minecraft (using appdata directory etc), would you be able to add an option to save the files instead to it's installed directory so that it can be run on a USB stick etc? This is the same way Notepad++ handles the option to install to a portable location, so I was just wondering :)/>/> Would be useful for me, dunno about other people.

Not as such.. Since there is no installation wizard process, it would probably be either an option in the config, or in the actual program window that pops up before you start emulating. If it is in the window, you perhaps could make it a 'select custom directory to save all data' kind of box, the same way as the CC file detection directory selection works.

I also edited my post above yours with another question just as you replied :ph34r:/>/>
Xtansia #71
Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:49 AM
If you do change CCEmu to work like Minecraft (using appdata directory etc), would you be able to add an option to save the files instead to it's installed directory so that it can be run on a USB stick etc? This is the same way Notepad++ handles the option to install to a portable location, so I was just wondering :)/>/> Would be useful for me, dunno about other people.

Not as such.. Since there is no installation wizard process, it would probably be either an option in the config, or in the actual program window that pops up before you start emulating. If it is in the window, you perhaps could make it a 'select custom directory to save all data' kind of box, the same way as the CC file detection directory selection works.

I also edited my post above yours with another question just as you replied :ph34r:/>/>

I didn't want to go with an install wizard anyway,
There is already a font scale option but I'm going to change it to full gui scale in the next release.
toxicwolf #72
Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:57 AM
I didn't want to go with an install wizard anyway,
I wasn't suggesting that you should :ph34r:/>/>

There is already a font scale option but I'm going to change it to full gui scale in the next release.
Okay, thanks for that :)/>/>
dimitriye98 #73
Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:34 AM
It doesn't work properly on Mac OSX Lion. I ran from terminal with no errors but am unable to make any input…
Zalerinian #74
Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:41 PM
Great job on this, it'll make testing things significantly easier.

I do have a question though… How did you setup the save system?

For some reason, my save directory is located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock\Object Desktop\DeskScapes\Saves\computer\

I assume that isn't supposed to happen? What i think it may be is the last directory used by a certain type of window for selecting files, because there are at least 3 different one on Windows where the layout is different (One that looks like the normal file explorer, one that looks more like XP's, and then one that is a vertical list of all the files.)

Great job otherwise, I'll test this on my Linux install later if i get the time.
Xtansia #75
Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:05 AM
Great job on this, it'll make testing things significantly easier.

I do have a question though… How did you setup the save system?

For some reason, my save directory is located here:

C:Program Files (x86)StardockObject DesktopDeskScapesSavescomputer

I assume that isn't supposed to happen? What i think it may be is the last directory used by a certain type of window for selecting files, because there are at least 3 different one on Windows where the layout is different (One that looks like the normal file explorer, one that looks more like XP's, and then one that is a vertical list of all the files.)

Great job otherwise, I'll test this on my Linux install later if i get the time.

The base directory used for saves/config is the working directory or the directory from which you launch the application
Zalerinian #76
Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:55 AM
The base directory used for saves/config is the working directory or the directory from which you launch the application

But… I ran it in my downloads folder…
Xtansia #77
Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:31 AM
But… I ran it in my downloads folder…

That's odd. :/
Sxw #78
Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:06 AM
LOG:

Then, window appears, cant type or select, but it seems to load craftos.
D=
Xtansia #79
Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:21 AM
LOG:

Then, window appears, cant type or select, but it seems to load craftos.
D=

That's strange, What OS is that on?
I'm gonna change a lot of stuff for the next version when I get time to work on it,
Stupid school assignments :C
wilcomega #80
Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:39 AM
if you add turtles its basicly gonna be like minecraft but for free
wilcomega #81
Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:41 AM
and update it to 1.41. because i made a program in 1.32 and sold it on a server in 1.41 and crash when showing it off
Cranium #82
Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:49 PM
Also, is it possible to add a config option to change the GUI scale? On my monitor, each ComputerCraft screen is about the size of a credit card, which is quite hard to see. If you could have an option to scale that up (the same way you can scale the GUI in Minecraft itself) that would be great ;)/>/>
I had no problem running mine. I just increased the scale size, but I don't know how that would work for multiple computers.
Xtansia #83
Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:36 AM
Just me posting some screenshots of the wip v0.5,

timiti29 #84
Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:37 PM
Hi !
When do you release ComputerCraft Emulator v0.5?
and what's new in the new version ?
thank
timiti29
ps : sorry for my english, I'm french
Ponder #85
Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:52 PM
Looks pretty nice, keep up the good work, mate.
Cranium #86
Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:22 PM
I love this program. I use it when I can't test in minecraft(which is a lot of the time)
When is 0.5 coming?
Xtansia #87
Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:16 AM
I love this program. I use it when I can't test in minecraft(which is a lot of the time)
When is 0.5 coming?
Hi !
When do you release ComputerCraft Emulator v0.5?
and what's new in the new version ?
thank
timiti29
ps : sorry for my english, I'm french

V0.5 hopefully will only be a day or two.
The only real noticeable changes will be:
-Uses CC1.41
-The UI is updated as above.
-It should be easier to report errors as they will be logged.
-The directory setup will be changed to a %appdata% or equivalent folder
-Will download any required libraries

Also I'm getting a cheap mac computer so I'll hopefully be able to make it work on mac :P/>/>
filipkwro #88
Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:17 PM
Doesn't work on Ubuntu 12.04 TLS x64.
Spoiler

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /tmp/lwjglfilip/2954226326/liblwjgl64.so: libjawt.so: can not open shared object file: No such file or directory
	at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary1(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.System.load(Unknown Source)
	at org.tomass1996.gfx.NativesLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
	at org.tomass1996.gfx.NativesLoader.load(Unknown Source)
	at org.tomass1996.ccemu.MasterEmulator.setUp(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Xtansia #89
Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:22 PM
Doesn't work on Ubuntu 12.04 TLS x64.
Spoiler

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /tmp/lwjglfilip/2954226326/liblwjgl64.so: libjawt.so: can not open shared object file: No such file or directory
	at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary1(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.System.load(Unknown Source)
	at org.tomass1996.gfx.NativesLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
	at org.tomass1996.gfx.NativesLoader.load(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

This error is to do with linux and the current version of lwjgl I'm using but should be fixed in the next update
Cranium #90
Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:25 PM
Just so you know, if you have multiple instances of minecraft, such as having a .minecraft folder and a .techniclauncher folder, the emulator gets hung up on which to select. A way to have it automatically route to either one in that case would be nice, and having it display where it is currently running from would be nice as well.
Cranium #91
Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:30 PM
I want to request that the resolution is increased on this, the text is tiny and it hurts my eyes to attempt to read that. Add to options menu? :(/>/> thanks
If you change the text scale to something like 3, it does increase the size. It also enlarges the window.
Ponder #92
Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:45 PM
Ah, unrelated, were can one get the source?
Xtansia #93
Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:00 AM
Ah, unrelated, were can one get the source?

Nowhere, Well there are ways…

On the topic of the update,
Sorry there has been no news or update like I thought I would get done,
But I have been sick lately and haven't gotten much done, And my computer has been 'screwing' with me.(Don't worry I haven't lost anything)
Ponder #94
Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:08 AM
Well, meh.
Sorry, that I just assumed that you would give away the code.
FuzzyPurp #95
Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:40 AM
- Moved to the Utilities section -
GilDev #96
Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:35 PM
I don't know if someone else has already said it, but it doesn't work very well on Mac OS X Lion. I can launch the launcher, the mod is immediately recognized with Tekkit installed and I can change the numbers of computers. But when I start it, it shows the computers (by the way, they are small, I don't know if I can change the size of them) but I can't type text in it or highlight a computer. The cursors blink, the first computer is highlighted, but I can't do anything.

I hope it'll be working soon on Mac, because I really need it!

PS: Sorry for my bad English, I'm 14 years old and I learn English only on my computer. =P
Xtansia #97
Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:00 AM
I don't know if someone else has already said it, but it doesn't work very well on Mac OS X Lion. I can launch the launcher, the mod is immediately recognized with Tekkit installed and I can change the numbers of computers. But when I start it, it shows the computers (by the way, they are small, I don't know if I can change the size of them) but I can't type text in it or highlight a computer. The cursors blink, the first computer is highlighted, but I can't do anything.

I hope it'll be working soon on Mac, because I really need it!

PS: Sorry for my bad English, I'm 14 years old and I learn English only on my computer. =P

Sorry I've been meaning to change the note on the front page.
I know it doesn't function correctly on OSX hopefully the next version will.
The size is changeable in the config
Cloudy #98
Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:32 AM

Considering your English is self taught, it is very good and not bad at all (I've seen native English speakers with worse written English than you)!
GilDev #99
Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:53 AM
Sorry I've been meaning to change the note on the front page.
I know it doesn't function correctly on OSX hopefully the next version will.
The size is changeable in the config
Thanks for the response, I hope the next version will be released soon! =P And thanks Cloudy! ^^'
Cranium #100
Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:44 AM
I have a small(maybe) suggestion: If you could have some sort of indicator for the redstone signals going out, that would be good. I tried using the emulator, and realized that using signals between the boxes doesn't work! :D/>/>
So it would be a neat feature to add.
Xtansia #101
Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:11 AM
I have a small(maybe) suggestion: If you could have some sort of indicator for the redstone signals going out, that would be good. I tried using the emulator, and realized that using signals between the boxes doesn't work! :D/>/>
So it would be a neat feature to add.

Yeah, I just had a quick think about it and this is a quick mockup idea I had
Spoiler
where the redstone 'joint' is a moveable module, which would colour itself accordingly, and you can 'create' new ones with the press of a button and delete them also,
And each terminal has little 'nodes' at the bottom for each 'side' which you can click on and then click a joint and they will 'connect' so you could have multiple terminals connected to one joint.
There would also be a bundled version
Cranium #102
Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:34 PM
Yeah, that seems about right. For multiple connections, just add more labels, and for easy identification, have the connections display when hovering. It would look like: "Back, redstone, computer #". You would just add connections as necessary. If there is no computer to connect with, just list none.
Leo Verto #103
Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:23 PM
This emulator is awesome and makes working on a project a lot easier than having to give minecraft tons of ram,
I'm looking forward to rednet and redstone simulation.

Are you going to update it to the next CC version (probably 1.42) once it's out?
Edited on 06 September 2012 - 04:10 PM
filipkwro #104
Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:07 PM
Works on Windows 7 home premium.
GilDev #105
Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:29 PM
Is the emulator always in development? Because I really need a Mac version. =/ Oh and if you want, maybe I can try it on my RaspBerry Pi, just to see if it work. =)
PixelToast #106
Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:34 PM
works perfectly on vista x86
although when you use a high font scale it tiles the border
GilDev #107
Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:01 PM
Okay, so I just tried the emulator on my RaspBerry Pi, the launcher is working great but when I start, it say it can't detect the installation (but I put it in a mods folder in the jar folder) and if I launch if from the terminal, after pressing the start button I have a lot of error messages and it say "Possible cause: can't load IA 32-bits, so on a ARM-bit platform". It say also errors with LWJGL and "Cannot open shared object file".
I hope it will work a day! =)

Sorry for my bad English.
Rangicus #108
Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:52 PM
When I run the EMU all the comps are shutdown and I can't turn them back on.
Cranium #109
Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:55 PM
When I run the EMU all the comps are shutdown and I can't turn them back on.
You need to manually select your minecraft installation then. If you have both tekkit and CC, then you need to select one or the other. I usually select tekkit, since CCEmu is only updated to 1.3, and I have already updated to 1.41 on my CC install.
makerimages #110
Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:10 AM
file path not working on win7
Mikeyjd25 #111
Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:35 AM
Thank you so much for this, it really speeds up the development of my computer craft OS, because there isn't the overhead of having to have minecraft open :)/>/>

To sum this up in one word:
awesome :D/>/>

It runs great on my system:

/———————-\
|~windows~7~64-BIT~~~~~|
|~16GB~ram~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
|~Intel~I5~760@2.80GHz~|

\———————-/
IceCream #112
Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:01 PM
Its not working, It's linking up to my minecraft cc and the monitors are like they are switched off.
Xtansia #113
Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:04 AM
Its not working, It's linking up to my minecraft cc and the monitors are like they are switched off.

What version of CC?
And error log from console/command prompt/terminal ?
wgcfatalahot #114
Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:57 PM
Would it be possible to make an App version of this for iPhone/iPod in the future? If there was an app for this, I would be a VERY happy Tekkiter (if that's even a word) :P/>/>
Xtansia #115
Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:31 AM
Would it be possible to make an App version of this for iPhone/iPod in the future? If there was an app for this, I would be a VERY happy Tekkiter (if that's even a word) :P/>/>

No I won't be,
Due to the fact I down own an apple computer, or a iPhone/iPod,
And it cost ~100USD just to get the license to dev apps for iPhone/iPod.
And several other reasons.

The only other device that has any real chance of being ported to is android.
Cranium #116
Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:34 AM
Any news on the update to 1.41 (or 1.42, though not holding my breath)?
Xtansia #117
Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:37 AM
Any news on the update to 1.41 (or 1.42, though not holding my breath)?

Yeah,
I've had a lot more important things going on so this hasn't been top priority,
I did have a /working/ build using CC1.41 but a couple people I had testing it experienced some major bugs.
I'm /working/ on a CC1.42 version on and off, so I really don't know,
Luckily I have school holidays coming up next week for 2 weeks I should be able to get a fair bit done.
Cranium #118
Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:43 AM
Can't wait. Still one of my favorite tools with working on ComputerCraft. I have this installed to my flash drive, and take it to work and use it at home.
Xtansia #119
Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:06 PM
Just me posting some stuffs,
An album of dev preview images: http://imgur.com/a/M8TRj
A quick wee dev preview video:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2CKB580usE[/media]

Also I'm quite often online on the irc in both #computercraft and #cc-emu,
If you would like to test the dev build just ask me on irc when I'm online or message me here on the forums.

//Edit: If anyone is willing to/wants to donate I would greatly appreciate it, just message me here on the forums, the money would go into funding the hosting of cc-emu and some features I'm planning, and just the general development of cc-emu.
MysticT #120
Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:54 PM
Something that would be very useful is being able to choose the computer id when opening a new one. So you can work on computer #10 with only that one open instead of having 9 useless terminals around.
GilDev #121
Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:46 PM
I can't wait to test this new version on my Mac ! =)
tommyroyall #122
Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:57 PM
This is going to own :)/>/>.
Tiin57 #123
Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:08 PM
Are you going to put this back on github publicly soon?
Laserman34170 #124
Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:08 AM
Just me posting some stuffs,
An album of dev preview images: http://imgur.com/a/M8TRj
A quick wee dev preview video:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2CKB580usE[/media]

Also I'm quite often online on the irc in both #computercraft and #cc-emu,
If you would like to test the dev build just ask me on irc when I'm online or message me here on the forums.

//Edit: If anyone is willing to/wants to donate I would greatly appreciate it, just message me here on the forums, the money would go into funding the hosting of cc-emu and some features I'm planning, and just the general development of cc-emu.
So the next release is basically awesome?
And its updated for CC1.4!
davidian22 #125
Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:38 PM
Tested on Ubuntu 12.04 32 bit OPENJDK Java 7. Gives me a black screen for about 2 seconds.
Does anyone know to fix this?
MysticT #126
Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:45 AM
Tested on Ubuntu 12.04 32 bit OPENJDK Java 7. Gives me a black screen for about 2 seconds.
Does anyone know to fix this?
I run it in the same environment (Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit, OpenJDK 7) and it works fine for me. Try running it from the terminal to see if there's an error.
ScruffyRules #127
Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:42 AM
i can test OS X 10.6.8 for you if you want. it doesn't run… D:

Error code:
Spoilernameofmac:~ myname$ /Users/myname/Downloads/ccemu-V0.4/IIRC.command ; exit;
CCEmu: Loaded ComputerCraft installation at /Users/myname/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods/ComputerCraft
javax.imageio.IIOException: Can't read input file!
at javax.imageio.ImageIO.read(ImageIO.java:1275)
at org.tomass1996.ccemu.MasterEmulator.setUpTextures(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2028)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2351)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6382)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3275)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6147)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2083)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4744)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2141)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4572)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4619)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4280)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4210)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2127)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2489)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4572)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:704)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$400(EventQueue.java:82)
at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:663)
at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:661)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:677)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:675)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:674)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:296)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:211)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:196)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:188)
logout

[Process completed]
Cozzimoto #128
Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:58 PM
so is thomas working on a new version for 1.42?
PixelToast #129
Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:50 PM
i hope it includes the new advanced computers :)/>/> :)/>/> :)/>/>
justync7 #130
Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:57 PM
i want a version that is 1.45 you should get beta testers i would love to be one!
Cranium #131
Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:00 AM
All of these new features must play hell for you, Tomass. You can barely keep up with them!
Xtansia #132
Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:47 AM
Hey guys,
Only just got my internet back after 5 very very dark and boring days o/
Only to find there is yet another version of CC on the horizon :D/>/>
I'll try pumping out another test version,
If you want to test the pr versions either go over to #cc-emu on espernet or message me here.
Xavura #133
Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:08 AM
This is awesome, great work.
Xtansia #134
Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:24 PM
:3

Decided my development versions were turning to release versions, So I'll just put the link here for the development launcher,
If you've downloaded the dev launcher before, you will need to redownload to get the new stuff as I made some modifications to it.
DL Link: Dev Launcher
If you find any bugs or issues post them here please: CC-Emu Issues
I'll properly update the topic tomorrow,

Also Secret:
Spoiler

Note: The development version requires nothing else to be installed it will automatically download the required libs!
Ditto8353 #135
Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:37 PM
Any chance of getting a full download link instead of just the launcher download?
Network security at work blocks the launcher from downloading the additional files.
Cranium #136
Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:36 PM
I love the new version!
PixelToast #137
Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:43 AM
:3

Y U DELETE OTHER PIC, THE WORLD MUST SEE IT
Xtansia #138
Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:44 AM
Y U DELETE OTHER PIC, THE WORLD MUST SEE IT

I'm not sure if my other 'artwork' is appropriate to be posted on these forums ^_^/>/>
Wouldn't want Cloudy to go super saiyan forum mod :3

Meh who cares here is my awesome artwork:
Spoiler
Kryptanyte #139
Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:57 AM
Wow. All this from a fellow New Zealander? Nice man. Probably my most used tool to test out most programs. Unless it involves a turtle =/ Oh well. That might be something to add later ;D
Leo Verto #140
Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:43 PM
I'm not sure if my other 'artwork' is appropriate to be posted on these forums ^_^/>/>
Wouldn't want Cloudy to go super saiyan forum mod :3

Meh who cares here is my awesome artwork:
SpoilerNothing around here
Holy report button! :P/>/>
Tiin57 #141
Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:17 AM
I fixed OS X! Just download http://www.newdawnso...liblwjgl.jnilib and put it in /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/ccemu/bin/natives after running the launcher once. Replace the current file. Don't update when it asks you to. FIXED. ^_^/>/>
Edit: You cannot add new computers of either type. However, this lets the emulator load.
Noodle #142
Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:29 AM
Sweet! 1.45!!
Xtansia #143
Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:36 AM
I fixed OS X! Just download http://www.newdawnso...liblwjgl.jnilib and put it in /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/ccemu/bin/natives after running the launcher once. Replace the current file. Don't update when it asks you to. FIXED. ^_^/>/>
Edit: You cannot add new computers of either type. However, this lets the emulator load.

Are any errors printed out to the command line when you try to add new computers?
If so can you post them?
Unfortunately not owning a mac computer(well I do but it's an outdated ppc one running Linux ;P) makes it very difficult to test it myself ;_;
Kryptanyte #144
Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:26 AM
Im getting the same issue on Windows 7. Theres no error message but anyway I try to add a new computer either via the menu or the hot keys it will just remove the current one if there is one and replace it with then new computer
MeinAccount #145
Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:28 AM
For me (Ubuntu 12.10) with Java 6 it's working. Great job :D/>/>
Xtansia #146
Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:17 PM
Im getting the same issue on Windows 7. Theres no error message but anyway I try to add a new computer either via the menu or the hot keys it will just remove the current one if there is one and replace it with then new computer

Hmm the hot key's should work, but did you change the id number in the 'new' window to something other than 0 ?

For me (Ubuntu 12.10) with Java 6 it's working. Great job :D/>/>

Thank you
Tiin57 #147
Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:25 PM
Unfortunately not owning a mac computer(well I do but it's an outdated ppc one running Linux ;P) makes it very difficult to test it myself ;_;
You can run OS X on a VM. I'll try to test some more when I get home.
Xtansia #148
Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:18 AM
You can run OS X on a VM. I'll try to test some more when I get home.

I /could/ if I had a pc that could handle running osx in a vm ;_;
Trust me I have tried running a vm but it won't run on the pc I have.
GilDev #149
Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:51 PM
Work great on Mountain Lion! But monitors are flashing sometimes…

EDIT: Weird things appear when I try to resize the window, like focus shifting (I don't know if this sentence is good). And the monitors are changing their format (can be bypassed by pressing the "shift" key while resizing).

REDIT: That's paint program work great! =3 :hap: http://cl.ly/image/3B0C1z0m0L3c
Tiin57 #150
Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:14 PM
It works now.
OS X Lion 10.7.5
JRE 7u9
Xtansia #151
Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:58 PM
Yussh finally it works on osx =3
ElvishJerricco #152
Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:45 AM
SpoilerCC-Emu has crashed!
———————-

CC-Emu has stopped running because it encountered a problem; Failed to start emulator
This error has been saved to /Users/Will/Library/Application Support/ccemu/crash-reports/crash-2012-10-28_22.44.47.txt for your convenience. Please include a copy of this file if you report this crash to anyone.

— BEGIN ERROR REPORT ac689683 ——–
Generated 10/28/12 10:44 PM

- Emulator Info: {
Emulator Version: 0.5pr4
ComputerCraft Version: 1.45
}
- Operating System: Mac OS X (x86_64) version 10.8.2
- Java Version: 1.7.0_09, Oracle Corporation
- Java VM Version: Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
- Memory: 73251920 bytes (69 MB) / 87425024 bytes (83 MB) up to 1297481728 bytes (1237 MB)
- JVM Flags: 0 total;
- LWJGL: 2.8.3
- OpenGL: ~ERROR~ NullPointerException: null[failed to get system properties (java.lang.NullPointerException)]

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Could not get the JAWT interface
at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTSurfaceLock.lockAndInitHandle(Native Method)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTSurfaceLock.access$100(AWTSurfaceLock.java:51)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTSurfaceLock$1.run(AWTSurfaceLock.java:94)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTSurfaceLock$1.run(AWTSurfaceLock.java:92)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTSurfaceLock.privilegedLockAndInitHandle(AWTSurfaceLock.java:92)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTSurfaceLock.lockAndGetHandle(AWTSurfaceLock.java:66)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.MacOSXCanvasPeerInfo.initHandle(MacOSXCanvasPeerInfo.java:57)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.MacOSXDisplayPeerInfo.doLockAndInitHandle(MacOSXDisplayPeerInfo.java:56)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.PeerInfo.lockAndGetHandle(PeerInfo.java:85)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.MacOSXContextImplementation.create(MacOSXContextImplementation.java:47)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.ContextGL.<init>(ContextGL.java:132)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:875)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:782)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:764)
at org.tomass1996.ccemu.core.MasterEmulator.startEmulator(Unknown Source)
at org.tomass1996.ccemu.core.MasterEmulator.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
— END ERROR REPORT bbc929ec ———-

=/ Not working. Mac OS X 10.8.2 java v7u9
MysticT #153
Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:42 PM
When trying to add a computer (either from the menu or with the shortcut) it throws this error:
SpoilerException in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: dan200/computer/core/Computer
at org.tomass1996.ccemu.core.SlaveEmulator.init(Unknown Source)
at org.tomass1996.ccemu.core.ComputerSlaveEmulator.init(Unknown Source)
at org.tomass1996.ccemu.gui.NewSlavePrompt$1.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2018)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2341)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:402)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:259)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:252)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6505)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3312)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6270)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2229)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4861)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2287)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4687)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4832)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4492)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4422)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2273)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2719)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:723)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(EventQueue.java:103)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:682)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:680)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:87)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:696)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:694)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:693)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:244)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:163)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:151)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:147)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:139)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:97)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: dan200.computer.core.Computer
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:423)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:356)
… 39 more
Tested on Ubuntu 12.10.
Xtansia #154
Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:52 AM
When trying to add a computer (either from the menu or with the shortcut) it throws this error:
SpoilerException in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: dan200/computer/core/Computer
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:402)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:252)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:87)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:244)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:163)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:151)
… 39 more
Tested on Ubuntu 12.10.

Is there a file named 'computercraft.jar' in '~/.ccemu/bin/' ?
If it is there is it 'empty'/'corrupt' ?
zekesonxx #155
Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:04 PM
How do you open up multiple windows on the latest build?
MysticT #156
Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:38 PM
… 39 more
Tested on Ubuntu 12.10.

It's working now. Just a question, can't we change the files in the rom? I tried to change the bios before, and I think that's why it didn't work.
Xtansia #157
Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:35 AM
… 39 more
Tested on Ubuntu 12.10.

It's working now. Just a question, can't we change the files in the rom? I tried to change the bios before, and I think that's why it didn't work.

Ahh that will be a side effect of the jars being signed, like how the minecraft.jar stops working if you modify it without deleting meta inf,
Though you can make the folder structure of .ccemu/mods/ComputerCraft/lua/rom and put your modified files in there like you can with normal computercraft.

How do you open up multiple windows on the latest build?

Either use CTRL+N or use the New menu and change the id to something not already in use
MysticT #158
Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:48 PM
Ahh that will be a side effect of the jars being signed, like how the minecraft.jar stops working if you modify it without deleting meta inf,
Though you can make the folder structure of .ccemu/mods/ComputerCraft/lua/rom and put your modified files in there like you can with normal computercraft.
Yeah, thought that was it. I tried puting the files in .ccemu/ComputerCraft/lua and thought it was not working, good to know it was just my mistake :P/>/>
Works like a charm now :P/>/>

Edit:
It randomly crashes with this error at startup:
Spoilerorg.lwjgl.LWJGLException: X Error - disp: 0x7f9fa0020860 serial: 33 error: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation) request_code: 1 minor_code: 0
at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.globalErrorHandler(LinuxDisplay.java:316)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.nCreateWindow(Native Method)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.createWindow(LinuxDisplay.java:476)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:873)
KevinW1998 #159
Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:41 PM
ComputerCraft Emu crashed while I was running it in background
Crash Report:
Spoiler— BEGIN ERROR REPORT 23927bab ——–
Generated 31.10.12 15:14

}
- Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
- Java Version: 1.7.0_07, Oracle Corporation
- Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
- Memory: 47380848 bytes (45 MB) / 61997056 bytes (59 MB) up to 920911872 bytes (878 MB)
- OpenGL: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family GL version 3.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.2418, Intel

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.tomass1996.ccemu.core.MasterEmulator.input(Unknown Source)
at org.tomass1996.ccemu.core.MasterEmulator.runTick(Unknown Source)
at org.tomass1996.ccemu.core.MasterEmulator.runEmulatorLoop(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
— END ERROR REPORT d157e683 ———-
MysticT #160
Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:17 PM
Another issue: when trying to list (fs.list) files in .ccemu/mods/ComputerCraft/lua/rom it errors (the function, not the emulator), even though fs.isDir returns true.
Not sure if it's a bug in the emulator or CC.
rhyleymaster #161
Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:27 PM
Thanks for a great program!
PixelToast #162
Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:24 PM
sorry forgot to before, thar you go
Mendax #163
Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:50 PM
New update = awesome

if ccEMU-update == "AWESOME" then
postRep = postRep + ( number = 1 while true do number = number + 1)
end
Mitchfizz05 #164
Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:15 AM
Hmm… its keeps freezing on me. =
Otherwise, I would use this program alot.
Espen #165
Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:20 AM
Hmm… its keeps freezing on me. =
Otherwise, I would use this program alot.
And do the programs that cause the freeze not freeze the computers when you run them in Minecraft?
Edited on 13 November 2012 - 09:20 AM
KaoS #166
Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:21 AM
I think this is amazing. once you have the redstone functionality added and the ability to make it load everything from the current dir if needed it will be ultimate. long overdue +1
Tiin57 #167
Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:08 AM
Tomass, why are all traces to your code from unknown sources? Bit irksome, I would guess.
Kilobyte #168
Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:00 AM
Hey, could you at least make your own (if not use the original) peripheral API so others can write peripharals for ccemu

in order to attach some peripharal you'd need peripheral.mount(side, name/id) and to deattach peripheral.unmount(side) or so. would that be possible?
jesusthekiller #169
Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:10 AM
For wired reason rednet doesn't work for me in emulator.

Windows 7 x86
Java 1.7.0.01-b08
PixelToast #170
Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:15 AM

Windows 7 x86
Java 1.7.0.01-b08
did you forget to open rednet?
also, your java is outdated, try getting 1.7.0_07
Leo Verto #171
Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

Windows 7 x86
Java 1.7.0.01-b08
did you forget to open rednet?
also, your java is outdated, try getting 1.7.0_07
Java 1.7.0_09 is the latest one, they fixed a serious exploit.
Espen #172
Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:57 AM
[strike]I have the same problem.
This code on terminal with ID 0…
rednet.open("right")
rednet.send(1, "hello") -- or rednet.broadcast("hello")
… doesn't send the message to the terminal with ID 1.

rednet.open returns true, but the message never arrives.

Edit:
To be complete about it, this was the code for the waiting terminal with ID 1:
rednet.open("left")
a, b = rednet.receive()

Edit #2:
Ok, wow, it just worked when I chose the same rednet-side for both computers.
I assumed it was like with the wireless modems, so that it doesn't matter if the sides match or not.
But I guess with CCEmu you have to choose the same side?
Anyway, it works when choosing the same side, so that's good to know. :(/>/>[/strike]

Final Edit:
*Mega-Derp*
It helps to read the OP:
-All the computers come with a modem on the right hand side, ie rednet.open("right")
My apologies. :(/>/>
Edited on 21 November 2012 - 05:04 AM
PixelToast #173
Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:31 AM
well luckily i dont need to use rednet.open
my networking api automatically opens the first available modem :3
Java 1.7.0_09 is the latest one, they fixed a serious exploit.
o.O really?
i dont keep up with jdk updates much
especially because the installers refused to open at all
Espen #174
Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:12 AM
Well you might not do it manually, but in your API you surely use rednet.open() as well, no?
The only thing that would be a lucky coincidence is if the first side your API tries to open on CCEmu would happen to be the right side.
Because any other side and it wouldn't work either.
KaoS #175
Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:16 AM
Well you might not do it manually, but in your API you surely use rednet.open() as well, no?
The only thing that would be a lucky coincidence is if the first side your API tries to open on CCEmu would happen to be the right side.
Because any other side and it wouldn't work either.

you don't have to use right first. you just say

local function open()
  for num,side in pairs(rs.getSides()) do
    if peripheral.getType(side)=='modem' then
	  rednet.open(side)
	  return true
    end
    return false
  end
end

it works fine on CCemu for me
Espen #176
Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:24 AM
you don't have to use right first. you just say

local function open()
  for num,side in pairs(rs.getSides()) do
    if peripheral.getType(side)=='modem' then
	  rednet.open(side)
	  return true
    end
    return false
  end
end

it works fine on CCemu for me
That code just iterates over all sides until it finds the first with a modem.
And on CCEmu that will always be the right side.

My point was not that you have to open the right side first, it was that the right side is the only one that works in CCEmu.
No hard feelings though, just trying to clear up the confusion. :(/>/>
KaoS #177
Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:12 AM
ah lol. derp :(/>/> misunderstood
Lyqyd #178
Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:02 AM
It seems cc-emu has the problem with https addresses that ComputerCraft used to, in that it won't connect to them with the http library. Any chance we could get an update on that front? Thanks!
Xtansia #179
Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:04 PM
It seems cc-emu has the problem with https addresses that ComputerCraft used to, in that it won't connect to them with the http library. Any chance we could get an update on that front? Thanks!

It seems to be working for me, I'm able to connect to https://www.google.com as well as https://www.youtube.com,
Can you give me an example where it fails?
Lyqyd #180
Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:24 PM
Okay, you are correct. That's not the problem. I apologize for making assumptions about the nature of the problem. I can also fetch https://www.google.com just fine, so something about the nature of the URL I was attempting to fetch is causing the problem. The url in question is:

https://raw.github.com/lyqyd/LyqydNet-Programs/master/apis/location
Xtansia #181
Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:20 PM
Okay, you are correct. That's not the problem. I apologize for making assumptions about the nature of the problem. I can also fetch https://www.google.com just fine, so something about the nature of the URL I was attempting to fetch is causing the problem. The url in question is:
 https://raw.github.com/lyqyd/LyqydNet-Programs/master/apis/location 

I can fetch that URL perfectly fine also.
elfin8er #182
Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:39 AM
How about something like this for android? Shouldn't be too hard, right?
Lyqyd #183
Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:53 AM
Wow, that's… interesting. I'm not sure what the deal is, then. I shall perform further testing this evening.
1vannn #184
Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:30 PM
Using iFile, would it be possible to port this to iOS? for the iPhone, and maybe Android?

How about something like this for android? Shouldn't be too hard, right?

Android has Java, so maybe…. I don't know..
Xtansia #185
Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:41 PM
At the moment there is no way I'll be porting this to iOS, Given the requirements for just developing for iOS,
Android is *possible* but no promises, Porting to android is definitely easier than porting to iOS, but it isn't as easy as it looks.
Geforce Fan #186
Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:25 PM
How do you make the terminals bigger?
Xtansia #187
Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:52 PM
How do you make the terminals bigger?

Edit the config, (File -> Edit Config),
To scale up the terminals change 'emulator_guiScale'
Tjakka5 #188
Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:02 AM
App on android… please D:
makerimages #189
Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:31 AM
I want it to be on Android too! With advanced computers and everything!!! Would make MOSx.x come out faster
bjornir90 #190
Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:35 AM
We want it on android !!!! Please !!! It would be ssoooo coooll !!!! :D/>
Leo Verto #191
Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:29 AM
App on android… please D:
I want it to be on Android too! With advanced computers and everything!!! Would make MOSx.x come out faster
We want it on android !!!! Please !!! It would be ssoooo coooll !!!! :D/>
Do it yourself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6ObTqIiYfE
Cranium #192
Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:05 AM
Do it yourself.
You made my day with those 3 words…
atomhell #193
Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:36 PM
This looks great, and I'll give it a run on a 64bit Linux Mint install, to see how it pans out.

I know that this is near impossible and out of the scope of the existing emulator, but I am thinking of a turtle emulator in a little 3D environment, which can be scripted and run. It wouldn't allow testing for bumping into mobs, but I'm working on some functions for mining and it would be a great accessory to test things out without waiting for a realtime turtle to go through the motions… ie a fast forward feature.

kthanxbai
Tiin57 #194
Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:34 AM
Tomass, if you were to provide the source, I'd be happy to port it to Android. Although in IRC, you said something about a web version. :P/>
bjornir90 #195
Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:25 AM
Tomass, if you were to provide the source, I'd be happy to port it to Android. Although in IRC, you said something about a web version. :P/>
Thanks you for this proposition :)/> I had a look at the video and I realize that I absolutely don't know java XD
Leo Verto #196
Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:45 AM
AfterLifeLochie set it up as a java web applet on his site:
Link
bjornir90 #197
Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:50 AM
Tomass, if you were to provide the source, I'd be happy to port it to Android. Although in IRC, you said something about a web version. :P/>/>
Link
Why my device doesn't support java applet, why ? :'(
Cranium #198
Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:16 AM
AfterLifeLochie set it up as a java web applet on his site: Link
OH. MY. GOD.
IT WORKS ON MY WORK COMPUTER!!!!
*adds to favorites*
bjornir90 #199
Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:18 AM
AfterLifeLochie set it up as a java web applet on his site: Link
OH. MY. GOD.
IT WORKS ON MY WORK COMPUTER!!!!
*adds to favorites*
Lol you look to work hard :P/>
Cranium #200
Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:22 AM
Lol you look to work hard :P/>
boring job + ADHD = time to kill
bjornir90 #201
Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:26 AM
Lol you look to work hard :P/>/>
boring job + ADHD = time to kill
ADHD ? Sorry i'm french … Btw you work on what if it is not indiscreet ?
Cranium #202
Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:39 AM
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. And I work at a call center for life insurance. I wait at a computer for incoming calls from agents, so I have plenty of downtime.
bjornir90 #203
Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:42 AM
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. And I work at a call center for life insurance. I wait at a computer for incoming calls from agents, so I have plenty of downtime.
Oh ok sorry for my stupid remark….
Cranium #204
Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:06 AM
Not stupid, it just basically means that I lose interest really quickly, and get distracted easily.
Xtansia #205
Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:36 PM
Tomass, if you were to provide the source, I'd be happy to port it to Android. Although in IRC, you said something about a web version. :P/>/>
Link
Why my device doesn't support java applet, why ? :'(

The web version won't work on Android, or iOS, neither of them support Java Applets.
Xtansia #206
Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14[/media]
theoriginalbit #207
Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:38 AM
Bug report :(/>

OS X Mountain Lion

Resizing the window above the default does this:

Image:
Spoiler

It does this to the point that its disappeared off the top of the screen.
AfterLifeLochie #208
Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:21 PM
OS X Mountain Lion

TheOriginalBIT, there is currently a long list of un-fixable bugs with ComputerCraft Emulator and the Web port at the moment, due to changed made in OSX JRE7 from OSX JRE6, and LWJGL's code. We can't fix a large number of these issues, you can can try the following:
  • Launch CC-Emulator using OSX JRE6 or OSX JDK6, rather than OSX JRE7 or OSX JDK7. This fixes some drawing issues with Swing and AWT, and may help fix the issue you're having.
  • If you click, drag and do not release, AWT doesn't fire a resize event for the emulator to resize the frame. Try doing a minimize/restore, and if that doesn't work, manually resize the outside frame.
  • Launch CC-Emulator from a Terminal prompt (eg: java -jar cc-emulator.jar). Any crash stacks or inline-warning errors/debug should appear in that console - and piping them to a file may be useful for catching them.
  • Try the online version of the emulator (http://cc-emu.afterlifelochie.net). If you still have resize issues, it may be a problem with OSX JRE7, if not, it may be an issue with the way we render the application. To get a resize event to occur, resize your browser and the width of the applet should change. If not, try refreshing the page with a small window, then grow the size vertically.
  • Something else - such as the math used to get/set frame sizes might be wrong or not working completely, or something we've not seen in OSX JRE7 as of yet. Once again, there's some funky stuff going on in OSX JRE7, so bear with us.
Edited by
Xtansia #209
Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:29 PM
Bug report :(/>

OS X Mountain Lion

Image:

From a previous report about resizing bugs on Mountain Lion that may be relevant:
GilDev said:
EDIT: Weird things appear when I try to resize the window, like focus shifting (I don't know if this sentence is good). And the monitors are changing their format (can be bypassed by pressing the "shift" key while resizing).
So maybe try pressing/holding the SHIFT key while resizing the window and see if that helps?
theoriginalbit #210
Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:13 AM
From a previous report about resizing bugs on Mountain Lion that may be relevant:
GilDev said:
So maybe try pressing/holding the SHIFT key while resizing the window and see if that helps?

Sorry about the video quality and flashing, using QuickTime as I don't have a screen recorder installed on my Mac yet.

Read the annotations for details.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8jXF1vWdI4
theoriginalbit #211
Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:25 AM
[Suggestion] i know that this may be hard depending on how the emu and cc are implemented but would it be possible to make a new computer and instead of entering an id, entering a label that was set on a computer?
Tiin57 #212
Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:33 AM
[Suggestion] i know that this may be hard depending on how the emu and cc are implemented but would it be possible to make a new computer and instead of entering an id, entering a label that was set on a computer?
Shouldn't be tough, but you would always need an id to be declared or auto-set.
theoriginalbit #213
Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:47 AM
Shouldn't be tough, but you would always need an id to be declared or auto-set.

well my idea was that it check the labels.txt file and if its there then open that id, if its not there then auto-set an id
KaoS #214
Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:26 AM
well my idea was that it check the labels.txt file and if its there then open that id, if its not there then auto-set an id

that is actually quite a good idea, I like that one
theoriginalbit #215
Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:29 AM

why thank you. do you know if the devs have a suggestions page like the bug reporting page? :P/>
KaoS #216
Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:22 AM
no clue, I would just contact them on the IRC. I would be willing to bet they have their own channel
Xtansia #217
Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

why thank you. do you know if the devs have a suggestions page like the bug reporting page? :P/>

Suggestions go to the same place as issues, just change 'type' to 'enhancement' or 'proposal'
But suggestion duly noted.
CC-Emu Thread said:
Bug/Issue/Suggestion Reporting:
If you have a bug or issue to report or even a suggestion, please post them here: CC-Emu Issues
This makes it a lot easier to keep track of them.
You can also contact me quite often on the EsperNet IRC in the #computercraft channel and also the #cc-emu channel although nobody else ever goes in there :C
Or alternatively you can post here on this thread with your reports/suggestions.
AfterLifeLochie #218
Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:40 PM
Attention, the person who submitted a bug about "Custom BIOS prevents computers booting".

You didn't actually attach a file for us to analyse - but if you've made a custom BIOS and it doesn't boot, it usually means something is wrong in the BIOS file.
The Blue daNoob #219
Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:06 AM
Is it possible to zoom in on the screen? I don't want it to be bigger, I just want to be able to see more clearly.
I'm used to a really zoomed in pixelated look.
Cozzimoto #220
Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:48 AM
you can change the scale of it up so the screen is generally bigger, i set the scale for mine to 2 and its nice and large enough for me to work with. if i have one single computer i set the scale to 3 so it takes a full screen effect
Tiin57 #221
Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:40 PM
So, I don't have a Mac anymore, but are you planning on fixing LWJGL for the poor schmucks who still have Macs?
:P/>
AfterLifeLochie #222
Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:45 PM
So, I don't have a Mac anymore, but are you planning on fixing LWJGL for the poor schmucks who still have Macs?
:P/>

The issue is still not at our end - it's LWJGL. The folks over there are working really hard to get it Mac-fixed, and we're rewriting the majority of CC-Emu's core. I can't say what features and changes we have planned, but it should bring it closer to total ComputerCraft emulation.
Graypup #223
Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:14 PM
Are there any technical difficulties surrounding adding monitor support? It would make it possible to run all programs, so you could test completely without minecraft on terrible pcs…
AfterLifeLochie #224
Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:07 PM
Are there any technical difficulties surrounding adding monitor support? It would make it possible to run all programs, so you could test completely without minecraft on terrible pcs…
It's something we're thinking about.
SpoilerAKA, yes. We're having to re-write most of the emulator though, because it's structure doesn't allow us to do any sort of additional changes at present (such as UI changes, which we need).
Zambonie #225
Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:17 PM
Alright,I kinda dont get how you install it.Ive downloades the launcher,but were do I boot it from?
Espen #226
Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:44 PM
Alright,I kinda dont get how you install it.Ive downloades the launcher,but were do I boot it from?
On windows, if you have Java installed you simply double-click the launcher and it should launch.
If not, then you can launch it by executing java with these parameters:

"PATH_TO_JAVA\java" -jar "PATH_TO_CCEMU\cc-emu-launcher.jar"
Herû #227
Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:54 PM
Its a good program, but its not so useful for me because I have Minecraft on both of my computers.

But:
If the web version of the program can support IOS, so can it be useful for me (and if the program was converted to HTML5, JavaScript, and PHP (I am 99 % sure it can), will it support both IOS and Android).
theoriginalbit #228
Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:32 AM
Its a good program, but its not so useful for me because I have Minecraft on both of my computers.
So what… I have Minecraft installed on ALL my computers, but its still EXTREMELY useful, I use it to test ALL my code especially as it allows me to decide the computer id before creating it!!! Not to mention that it uses WAY, WAY, WAY, less resources than Minecraft. the only advantage Minecraft has is you can test Turtles…

But:
(and if the program was converted to HTML5, JavaScript, and PHP (I am 99 % sure it can), will it support both IOS and Android).
No it cannot be converted to HTML5 or JavaScript or PHP, you clearly don't know your programming languages if you think a Java application can be fully ported to ANY of these…
Cozzimoto #229
Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:59 AM
will monitor support ever come in the next version of CCEMU?? having computers run outside of minecraft but i do alot of coding with monitors and i would use this alot more if there was monitor support that you can turn on or off with a setting or as soon as your wrapped a peripheral for the monitor on the left since you have the modem on the right, just an idea. tell me what you think.

~Cozzy
theoriginalbit #230
Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:21 AM
will monitor support ever come in the next version of CCEMU??
In the interim you can always change the screen pixel size in the config to a monitors pixel size, meaning you could then see how the program runs on it…
Cozzimoto #231
Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:30 AM
Spoiler
will monitor support ever come in the next version of CCEMU??
In the interim you can always change the screen pixel size in the config to a monitors pixel size, meaning you could then see how the program runs on it…
yea i could do that, but me running an api and trying to test it without having minecraft loaded is nice, but i dont feel like going into all my programs and changing the output to the terminal except a peripheral that returns nil cause i havent wrapped it. but maybe i could find a way around it
AfterLifeLochie #232
Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:37 AM
will monitor support ever come in the next version of CCEMU?? having computers run outside of minecraft but i do alot of coding with monitors and i would use this alot more if there was monitor support that you can turn on or off with a setting or as soon as your wrapped a peripheral for the monitor on the left since you have the modem on the right, just an idea. tell me what you think.

~Cozzy
It's a potential future feature, if the entire rewrite gets finished anytime this century millennium.
theoriginalbit #233
Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:48 AM
if the entire rewrite gets finished anytime this century millennium.
If you don't mind me asking what else is being added into the rewrite?
AfterLifeLochie #234
Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:53 AM
if the entire rewrite gets finished anytime this century millennium.
If you don't mind me asking what else is being added into the rewrite?
I plan on adding most, if not all, peripherals - and I've also been considering an open API, so you can create plugins and port Peripherals into the emulator.
theoriginalbit #235
Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:58 AM
I plan on adding most, if not all, peripherals - and I've also been considering an open API, so you can create plugins and port Peripherals into the emulator.
Nice… cant wait! :)/>

Is there any planned for limited Turtle support? Like maybe just a simulator that can return true on movements and such and change the xyz on the computer window.
AfterLifeLochie #236
Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:04 PM
Nice… cant wait! :)/>

Is there any planned for limited Turtle support? Like maybe just a simulator that can return true on movements and such and change the xyz on the computer window.
It's possible - bearing in mind you won't have any obstacles, and for all intensive purposes, it's an "empty" world. :P/>
theoriginalbit #237
Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:09 PM
It's possible - bearing in mind you won't have any obstacles, and for all intensive purposes, it's an "empty" world. :P/>
Of course, but being able to just basic test the code without opening minecraft would be a dream ;)/>
Xtansia #238
Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:33 PM
Important Notice:
As the result of an issue between myself and AfterLifeLochie, he has departed from working on CCEmu and will no longer be hosting the applet.
The issue arose due to the fact I was unable to work on the rewrite of CCEmu due to personal matters that had arisen over the past few months and school starting again for the year, due to my inability to do the rewrite in a timely manner he has ceased his involvement. The relevant irc messages are below (Note at the time he had changed his nick to Ryrar).

<Ryrar> Tomass: I'm done.
<Tomass> Ryrar: Hmm?
<Ryrar> Tomass: I'm not doing this anymore
<Tomass> Ryrar: K.
<Ryrar> Tomass: You're welcome to re-use the emulator web version, but I'm not hosting it any longer.
You can find AfterLifeLochie's statement on the matter here With regards to ComputerCraft Emulator Web Edition...
Cranium #239
Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:26 PM
Ummm…wow
That sucks.
BlueZero #240
Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:27 AM
I freakin' love this.

Helped me a lot in learning to program for minecraft servers that have CC enabled. Love what you're doing, keep at it. :)/>
ikke009 #241
Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:38 AM
just a random thought.. it would be frikking awesome to have this on my android tablet :P/>
theoriginalbit #242
Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:04 AM
just a random thought.. it would be frikking awesome to have this on my android tablet :P/>
Its been requested to death.
Herû #243
Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:50 PM
Important Notice:
As the result of an issue between myself and AfterLifeLochie, he has departed from working on CCEmu and will no longer be hosting the applet.
The issue arose due to the fact I was unable to work on the rewrite of CCEmu due to personal matters that had arisen over the past few months and school starting again for the year, due to my inability to do the rewrite in a timely manner he has ceased his involvement. The relevant irc messages are below (Note at the time he had changed his nick to Ryrar).

<Ryrar> Tomass: I'm done.
<Tomass> Ryrar: Hmm?
<Ryrar> Tomass: I'm not doing this anymore
<Tomass> Ryrar: K.
<Ryrar> Tomass: You're welcome to re-use the emulator web version, but I'm not hosting it any longer.
EDIT: AfterLifeLochie will continue hosting the web applet @ http://cc-emu.afterlifelochie.net until 1 March 2013.
You can find AfterLifeLochie's statement on the matter here With regards to ComputerCraft Emulator Web Edition...

Find an free hosting service that have unlimated web traffic included (or if you will pay, buy a web hosting yourselves).

A free webhost service with unlimated bandwith is http://powrhost.com/ (I have not tested it, but it was the first that came up when I search on google).

Also: Host it on your own/have an account on a web hosting service yourselves. But if you don't want to host yourselves, I can host it for you on an free service with unlimated bandwith.
Xtansia #244
Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:34 PM
Just thougt I'd let you guys know I've added a donate button and details on the main post. All proceeds will be used for purchasing webhosting for the applet and the like. So if you would like to please check that out. :)/>
theoriginalbit #245
Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:41 PM
Is it possible that you add your own console API into CC-emu allowing us to use debug prints with full screen GUIs. Would be really handy! Really handy!
Xtansia #246
Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:26 PM
Is it possible that you add your own console API into CC-emu allowing us to use debug prints with full screen GUIs. Would be really handy! Really handy!

Could you elaborate more on what you mean? I'm not quite sure I understand :S
theoriginalbit #247
Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:05 PM
Ok so you know how when your debugging in Java and you use System.out.println, or System.err.println… So you can see where the program is up to and what it's doing and variable values, etc (assuming you don't use the awesomeness of breakpoints)… What I propose is a way to print to a virtual console to allow debugging while running and testing programs… This would be extremely handy when debugging a GUI and clicking on it and other misc details
Tiin57 #248
Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:40 AM
tomass, fragvps.com has cheap VPS hosting, you could use that for the web version. Although why haven't there been updates? I totally understand Lochie's point of view.
Sxw #249
Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:02 AM
Incase anybodys watching, heres the newest crash report on mac! >.>
Spoiler— BEGIN ERROR REPORT 8c3e1760 ——–
Generated 2/9/13 12:03 PM

}
- Java Version: 1.7.0_11, Oracle Corporation
- Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
- Memory: 64502392 bytes (61 MB) / 85196800 bytes (81 MB) up to 1263927296 bytes (1205 MB)
- OpenGL: ~ERROR~ NullPointerException: null[failed to get system properties (java.lang.NullPointerException)]

at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTSurfaceLock.privilegedLockAndInitHandle(AWTSurfaceLock.java:92)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.MacOSXCanvasPeerInfo.initHandle(MacOSXCanvasPeerInfo.java:57)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.MacOSXDisplayPeerInfo.doLockAndInitHandle(MacOSXDisplayPeerInfo.java:56)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.MacOSXContextImplementation.create(MacOSXContextImplementation.java:47)
— END ERROR REPORT 384402d1 ———-
theoriginalbit #250
Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

}
- Java VM Version: Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
- Memory: 64502392 bytes (61 MB) / 85196800 bytes (81 MB) up to 1263927296 bytes (1205 MB)

Just boot it again or reinstall Java 1.7 … its not an issue with cc-emu … its an issue with Java 1.7 … its one of the hundreds of reasons its still a dev build and why Apple keeps rejecting it for release…
Xtansia #251
Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

}

This isn't an issue directly with cc-emu, It's Java 1.7 and MacOSX causing the issues.
Xtansia #252
Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:57 PM
tomass, fragvps.com has cheap VPS hosting, you could use that for the web version. Although why haven't there been updates? I totally understand Lochie's point of view.
due to personal matters that had arisen over the past few months and school starting again for the year
theoriginalbit #253
Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:00 PM
This isn't an issue directly with cc-emu, It's Java 1.7 and MacOSX causing the issues.
Thats what I said… only its not a MacOSX issue… its just JRE1.7 issue…
Xtansia #254
Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:41 PM
Thats what I said… only its not a MacOSX issue… its just JRE1.7 issue…

It's Java1.7 FOR MacOSX to be precise…
NeverCast #255
Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:38 PM
Don't support Java1.7 for Mac, Minecraft doesn't work on Java1.7 either, on Mac at least; and I'm pretty sure it's a common quick response from #minecraftforge, " Use mac? Got Java 7? Don't "

Simply don't support it.
theoriginalbit #256
Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:47 PM
Minecraft doesn't work on Java1.7 either, on Mac at least
It does work… not nicely, it has the AWT errors and such…
devilwct #257
Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:08 AM
first, I love this emulator!!!

second, i can host it for you if you like, pm me if you are interested!
Sxw #258
Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:12 AM
I really wanna use this. Is there a way to downgrade to java 6 on mac? :(/>
EDIT: nv, i am able to launch it from terminal to force java 6 It works now :)/>
EDIT: Second time i launch it it dosen't crash, but

LWJGL Version: 2.8.3
2013-02-10 10:37:30.489 java[49965:11407] Make pbuffer: 0 x 0
2013-02-10 10:37:30.622 java[49965:2917] invalid drawable
And the blue background dosen't show, and new computer dosen't work. :(/>
1vannn #259
Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:13 PM
If there was a way to port the CC API to the iPhone "TouchLua" app, I would love CC even more.
tommyroyall #260
Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:18 PM
When can we expect the update for 1.5? c:.
JustPingo #261
Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:48 AM
Awesome, very powerful and easy to test a program when we don't want to open Minecraft !
Thanks you !
theoriginalbit #262
Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:52 AM
If there was a way to port the CC API to the iPhone "TouchLua" app, I would love CC even more.
If it supports you adding in your own api's then I don't see why not, your just going to have to be careful with what you use since some Lua api's/functions are deliberately removed from CC.

When can we expect the update for 1.5? c:.
At some point in the soonish future.
Xtansia #263
Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:49 AM
Just uploaded an update,
The main points in it are:
- Updated to CC1.5
- Updated LWJGL
- Added an emulog api, very simple at the moment, just two functions emulog.log(string) and emulog.clear()
The api is disabled by default, but when enabled all messages passed to emulog.log() get written to the main log file, as well as the most recent messages shown on screen, on screen display is toggled with F3, and there are settings in the config file regarding num of recent messages and width. emulog.clear() clears the recent messages from the onscreen display.
theoriginalbit #264
Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:58 AM
Firstly…. YAY!

Secondly:
- Added an emulog api, very simple at the moment, just two functions emulog.log(string) and emulog.clear()
There is no api for emulog even when its enabled. :(/>

print(type(emulog)) –> nil

EDIT: Also seems that the http api isn't enabling.
Edited on 19 February 2013 - 02:21 AM
remiX #265
Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:29 AM
Ohh new version :D/>

Works for me o.o
Espen #266
Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:41 AM
Might I ask where the link to the new version can be found?
I'm just wondering because all I'm seeing on the OP is a link to V0.5 from Oct 23rd.
Or does that actually link to the new version and it's just that the description (as well as the title) haven't been updated yet?
*confused*
Tiin57 #267
Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:38 AM
I'm just wondering because all I'm seeing on the OP is a link to V0.5 from Oct 23rd.
Or does that actually link to the new version and it's just that the description (as well as the title) haven't been updated yet?
*confused*
I think that the launcher will automatically update the rest.
Cranium #268
Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:52 AM
Yes, the launcher should update automagically.
On an unfortunate note, the web version at AfterLifeLochie's website is down earlier than promised. It would be nice to get it back up on any other host if possible.
Xtansia #269
Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:58 AM
*confused*

The launcher will automatically ask if you want to update and download the updated files if you have a previous install.

Firstly…. YAY!

Secondly:
There is no api for emulog even when its enabled. :(/>

print(type(emulog)) –> nil

Are you enabling before opening a 'computer' / restarting the 'computer' after enabling?

Yes, the launcher should update automagically.
On an unfortunate note, the web version at AfterLifeLochie's website is down earlier than promised. It would be nice to get it back up on any other host if possible.

The info I got from AfterLifeLochie is that traffic seemingly dropped right off and so he took it down early :S
Believe me I'm trying to get it hosted somewhere else :)/>
Espen #270
Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:02 AM
I think that the launcher will automatically update the rest.

The launcher will automatically ask if you want to update and download the updated files if you have a previous install.

Ah I see, thanks for clearing that up. ^_^/>
Edited on 19 February 2013 - 07:04 AM
theoriginalbit #271
Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:15 PM
Ok so it was just me derping and it being late and all. but its all now working fine :)/>

thanx for doing emulog :)/> tis awesome :)/>

Next 2 3 4 Request:

— Multiple instances of the same computer id
— Compatibility mode, (this would be nice! being able to turn back to CC1.3 to make sure the scripts still work and such)
EDIT: Change the text colour in the menu bar to white, its a colour clashing nightmare :P/>
EDIT: <Original idea LBPHacker> <Quote Cranium> It would be nice to be able to customize the shortcuts. This would make it easier for everyone.

:D/>
Edited on 21 February 2013 - 02:09 AM
NeverCast #272
Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:32 PM
I love the Emulator from Bottom to just under the top.
The menu… Well It's nice that you're using some Swing/AWT Style.. But It looks horrible on my system. Dark text and such.
Can we have a ccemu option for 'oldMenu=true'
PLEASSSSEEE!

I can hardly even read the text on it.
Xtansia #273
Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:59 PM
Just uploaded another update fixing the gui style C:
theoriginalbit #274
Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:15 PM
Just uploaded another update fixing the gui style C:
NeverCast and I say, your welcome everyone :P/>
Goof #275
Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:34 AM
Bug report?

i cannot save any files
ways to reproduce:
open ccemu,
open an advanced computer with any id
type: "edit con" – it works with startup. but not any other.
press ctrl and enter:
output
"Error saving to "the program name.

what the heck ?
theoriginalbit #276
Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:38 AM
- Spoiler Snip -
SpoilerBug report?

i cannot save any files
ways to reproduce:
open ccemu,
press ctrl and enter:
output
what the heck ?
I am currently using it with no problems what so ever. this is an odd one. Try rebooting cc-emu.
Goof #277
Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:40 AM
rebooting? i've done that 3 times now… still the same
Xtansia #278
Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:42 PM
–Spoiler Snip–
SpoilerBug report?

i cannot save any files
ways to reproduce:
open ccemu,
press ctrl and enter:
output

what the heck ?

It's working for me on a fresh install,
What OS are you on?
Are you using a fresh install of cc-emu?
Does the computer you're using possibly have restrictions (ie a school computer) though if it did have write restrictions you wouldn't have even got past the launcher update screen on first boot.
dissy #279
Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:43 PM
Believe me I'm trying to get it hosted somewhere else :)/>

Regarding the web applet, what are you looking from a host? And what kind of bandwidth needs?

I have a lot of experence with Debian and Apache, and run a fleet of servers, but have never hosted full-on Java apps nor even have had the JRE on a server for that matter.

I have some coloed servers in Columbus OH, Los Angeles CA, and Amsterdam NL.
My VPSs are in Freemont CA, Dallas TX, and Newark NJ.

I recently had to turn down my server in Brasov Romania, but have been contimplating a replacement in a Tokyo JP datacenter with decent rates I've had my eye on.

The VPSs typically run about 80 GB into my 800 GB monthly bandwidth quota (~10%), and their main purposes are fairly low CPU/Bandwidth (Some web servers, an IRC network, basic network infastructure etc)

If the applet doesn't require much root attention or can run in a user account, and uses 300GB/mo of bandwidth or less, I might be able to help out. Especially so if I wipe this machine and get it shipped to Tokyo fresh and new.

The biggest downside lately has been my lack of being online as frequent. Been having medical issues more often than not lately it seems.
Most all the services I run are well scripted and stable, so stay running without much attention thankfully. But that's always a problem for an admin.

If interested anyway give me a shout.
LBPHacker #280
Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:16 PM
Can I deactivate the Ctrl + Alt + N shortcut? Cuz (y'know I'm Hungarian) I'm on Hungarian keyboard layout and typing "}" means pressing Ctrl + Alt + N to me.
Cranium #281
Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:39 AM
Can I deactivate the Ctrl + Alt + N shortcut? Cuz (y'know I'm Hungarian) I'm on Hungarian keyboard layout and typing "}" means pressing Ctrl + Alt + N to me.
Actually, on that note, it would be nice to be able to customize the shortcuts. This would make it easier for everyone.
theoriginalbit #282
Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:07 AM
Actually, on that note, it would be nice to be able to customize the shortcuts. This would make it easier for everyone.
Agreed……. adding to my list of suggestions post :P/>
Cranium #283
Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:18 AM
Any progress on making a web version available again?
Rsstn #284
Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:21 PM
It would be nice if there was a way you could tell when you are outputting a redstone signal to the sides of the PC, and maybe even a way to input redstone signals. That could be some kind of on-screen switch that you can drag and drop against the side of the terminal. That would make it most useful for me because I find nearly all of my programs have some sort of redstone output (eg. a redstone lantern on the top as a visual indicator of what the PC is doing).
Good job so far!
Ross
MulticolouredMarshmellow #285
Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:56 AM
Well I am on OS X and I am having this problem

Spoiler—- Emulator Crash Report —-
// Who set us up the TNT?

Time: 2/21/13 3:55 PM
Description: Failed to start emulator

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:847)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:754)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:736)
at org.tomass1996.ccemu.core.MasterEmulator.startEmulator(MasterEmulator.java:604)
at org.tomass1996.ccemu.core.MasterEmulator.run(MasterEmulator.java:469)

Relevant Details:
- Java Version: 1.7.0_13, Oracle Corporation
- Memory: 56302992 bytes (53 MB) / 72351744 bytes (69 MB) up to 1073741824 bytes (1024 MB)
Emulator Version: 0.57
ComputerCraft Version: 1.5
}
- LWJGL: 2.8.5

- OpenGL: ~ERROR~ RuntimeException: No OpenGL context found in the current thread.
theoriginalbit #286
Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

at org.tomass1996.ccemu.core.MasterEmulator.startEmulator(MasterEmulator.java:604)

Relevant Details:
- Memory: 56302992 bytes (53 MB) / 72351744 bytes (69 MB) up to 1073741824 bytes (1024 MB)
}

- OpenGL: ~ERROR~ RuntimeException: No OpenGL context found in the current thread.
Its a Java issue. Very common Java issue on OSX when you have installed "- Java Version: 1.7.0_13, Oracle Corporation"… and its one of the many reasons that Apple does not want to update JRE1.7 by default on OSX, because Oracle is crap at it… Either reinstall/rollback Java or just open the application again and it should work… Default OSX Java at time of posting is: "1.6.0_37"
MulticolouredMarshmellow #287
Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:11 AM

Relevant Details:
}

Its a Java issue. Very common Java issue on OSX when you have installed "- Java Version: 1.7.0_13, Oracle Corporation"… and its one of the many reasons that Apple does not want to update JRE1.7 by default on OSX, because Oracle is crap at it… Either reinstall/rollback Java or just open the application again and it should work… Default OSX Java at time of posting is: "1.6.0_37"

K thanks, ill downgrade my java. I knew it was a bad idea to update..
MudkipTheEpic #288
Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:27 AM

Relevant Details:
}

K thanks, ill downgrade my java. I knew it was a bad idea to update..

The Java Preferences app is gone…. o_O
rafii6311 #289
Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:45 PM
this is genius!
JohnSmith41Junk #290
Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:34 PM
ya know what would make this awesome? if it didnt depend on opengl to run
theoriginalbit #291
Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:36 PM
The Java Preferences app is gone…. o_O
Indeed it is…. yet another stupid think Oracle did, they should have never taken over Java from Sun. It was way better when it was Sun! Reverting now needs to be done through command line, and I have no idea how to enable/disable a version anymore! The only nice thing that Oracle did, is now VisualVIM is default with Java, so we no longer need to go an an internet hunt. Just a spotlight search :)/>
theoriginalbit #292
Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:37 PM
ya know what would make this awesome? if it didnt depend on opengl to run
Not possible since Minecraft uses LWJGL, meaning ComputerCraft uses LWJGL, meaning this needs to use LWJGL… Also I don't see what the problem is with OpenGL.
Xtansia #293
Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:07 AM
Ok guys there is a web version up for now atleast at http://cc-emu.tomass1996.org
If you guys enjoy using the emulator/applet and you are in a position to do so please consider donating even a couple dollars to help me keep the applet hosted. If you do I'll love you for ever and ever (no homo) jk :)/>
remiX #294
Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:30 AM
Ok guys there is a web version up for now atleast at http://cc-emu.tomass1996.org
If you guys enjoy using the emulator/applet and you are in a position to do so please consider donating even a couple dollars to help me keep the applet hosted. If you do I'll love you for ever and ever (no homo) jk :)/>

Wow nice work!
Really surprised it uses files from your computer cc-emu
Kryptanyte #295
Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:54 PM
Hey tom.

I was just wondering can you make a portable version of CCEmu? Like just have it so you can put the folder where ever you want.
Minesoft #296
Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:40 AM
This is very good program.
Smiley43210 #297
Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:53 PM
Might want to add it to the OP

Also, bug report. Setting enableAPI_http=true in the ccemu config file doesn't allow the programs to access http. I tried using the pastebin program, but it says "Pastebin requires http API
Set enableAPI_http to 1 in mod_ComputerCraft.cfg"
I also tried setting the value in the ccemu config to 1, but that didnt work.
theoriginalbit #298
Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:10 PM
Also, bug report. Setting enableAPI_http=true in the ccemu config file doesn't allow the programs to access http. I tried using the pastebin program, but it says "Pastebin requires http API
Set enableAPI_http to 1 in mod_ComputerCraft.cfg"
I also tried setting the value in the ccemu config to 1, but that didnt work.
Restart cc-emu after setting the value to 1 or true
theoriginalbit #299
Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:24 PM
tomass1996 I have 5 Requests:

Multiple instances of the same computer id (idk why, I just think it could have uses)
Compatibility mode, (this would be nice! being able to turn back to CC1.3 to make sure the scripts still work and such)
Change the text colour in the menu bar to white, its a colour clashing nightmare done
<Original idea LBPHacker> It would be nice to be able to customise the keyboard shortcuts. This would make it easier for everyone.
The ability to change the x, y and z coordinates of the computers would come in massively handy for some project ideas I have
New type of logs in emulog … emulog.log appears in white, emulog.error appears in red …

— TheOriginalBIT
superaxander #300
Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

Multiple instances of the same computer id (idk why, I just think it could have uses)
Compatibility mode, (this would be nice! being able to turn back to CC1.3 to make sure the scripts still work and such)
Change the text colour in the menu bar to white, its a colour clashing nightmare done
<Original idea LBPHacker> It would be nice to be able to customise the keyboard shortcuts. This would make it easier for everyone.
The ability to change the x, y and z coordinates of the computers would come in massively handy for some project ideas I have.

— TheOriginalBIT
With the last point it would be Nice to have the rednet range implemented
Kryptanyte #301
Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

The ability to change the x, y and z coordinates of the computers would come in massively handy for some project ideas I have.

— TheOriginalBIT
With the last point it would be Nice to have the rednet range implemented

There is technically, the computers have a virtual position, if you look at the top of the screen. So really all we need is a way to adjust these numbers

— TheOriginalBIT

Add a portable mode as well. As I said, it's nice to be able to take your CCEMU on a flash drive everywhere
nutcase84 #302
Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:38 AM
I am having a HTTP API problem. It's on, but it won't work. I've tried everything said on this post, but it just won't work.
Spongy141 #303
Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:55 PM
Can you update it to work with java 7… I tried it when using Java 7, and it said (out of date.) so I'm guessing it needs to be updated to java 7.
Cozzimoto #304
Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:14 PM
it runs perfectly for me and im running java7 update 15 on a 64x bit OS windows 7.
Spongy141 #305
Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:21 PM
it runs perfectly for me and im running java7 update 15 on a 64x bit OS windows 7.
Lol I though it was only in the web browser version, works fine when download, sorry, and awesome program.
nutcase84 #306
Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:07 AM
So… no update on the bug? I really need this fixed so I can make a http installer for Nut OS…
Xtansia #307
Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:35 PM
So… no update on the bug? I really need this fixed so I can make a http installer for Nut OS…

Umm http works fine for me, and I haven't received any other complaints,
What os are you using?
Is it possible internet access from Java is blocked by a firewall or something?
theoriginalbit #308
Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:26 AM
If you have enabled it in the configs with '1' and restarted cc-emu and it is still not working, then it is a firewall, local or internet… if it is Windows make sure you have allowed it in the firewall, if it is the internet then check the settings on the router or don't try to do it at a school. :P/>
theoriginalbit #309
Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:21 PM
I added a another request to the list :)/>
Smiley43210 #310
Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:16 PM
The http api works fine for me after restarting the program (only if you just changed the value to true or 1)
nutcase84 #311
Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:08 AM
I tried turning off firewall. It didn't work. I am using windows 8 pro 64bit. (I wish I still had win7.) And, my internet is slow, but it's working.

EDIT: HTTP used to work with this, but it stopped working about 2 weeks ago.
ThePH #312
Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:56 AM
when are rednet and monitor going to be implemented (if possible and not to complex and time taking)
Cranium #313
Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:57 AM
when are rednet and monitor going to be implemented (if possible and not to complex and time taking)
I don't know about monitor support, but rednet is already implementd. The 'modem' is on the right side by default, and you can open rednet on that side to broadcast to other computers in your emulator.
elfin8er #314
Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:33 PM
Any chance you can make a mobile version of this? I'd love you forever!
Tiin57 #315
Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:54 AM
Why do people keep asking this?
It's not as if you have a decent keyboard on mobile anyways.
elfin8er #316
Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:00 AM
Why do people keep asking this?
It's not as if you have a decent keyboard on mobile anyways.
Unless you have a bluetooth keyboard. It would be perfect with a tablet.
nutcase84 #317
Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:30 AM
I want a mobile version too. I STILL can't use the http api. This SUCKS.
frogger72 #318
Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:03 PM
Could we possibly change the directory of .ccemu?
minizbot2012 #319
Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:08 PM
@frogger72 if you launch with a .bat file you can simply call this before calling java:

set APPDATA=%CD%\data
KaoS #320
Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:45 PM
I don't think that effects programs called within the batch file, only %appdata% calls within the batch file itself. I may be wrong though
minizbot2012 #321
Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:47 AM
I don't think that effects programs called within the batch file, only %appdata% calls within the batch file itself. I may be wrong though
same line that works for minecraft, and other programs
KaoS #322
Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:48 AM
well you learn something new every day. thanks for teaching me something :)/>
AnDwHaT5 #323
Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:09 AM
Here is a suggestion. Lets be even more realistic and add rednet and the new cables!!! Even turtles! Add then as a addon and the commands will act as so.
Leo Verto #324
Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:14 AM
Here is a suggestion. Lets be even more realistic and add rednet and the new cables!!! Even turtles! Add then as a addon and the commands will act as so.
Feel free to code that yourself.
theoriginalbit #325
Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:04 PM
Rednet is in… Modem is on the right side of the computer. Channels also work. As for the rest they aren't small tasks… As such I have been working on a program that you can run before running anything else that adds a fake turtle environment so that you can do basic testing of your turtle scripts.

http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/11356-testing-turtle-scripts-in-cc-emu-kinda/
nutcase84 #326
Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:40 AM
Now CC-Emu won't work at all. :(/> I deleted the .ccemu folder and now it won't work at all.(I thought it would be like minecraft and just auto update.)
theoriginalbit #327
Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:42 AM
there is definitely something wrong with your computer or firewall. i have deleted the .ccemu folder several times and it just redownloads it.
Xtansia #328
Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:41 AM
Now CC-Emu won't work at all. :(/> I deleted the .ccemu folder and now it won't work at all.(I thought it would be like minecraft and just auto update.)

Yeah theres definitely something funky going on with your computer.
And you're using/tried the desktop launcher right? (In case your browser is borking the applet permissions.)
Can you run the launcher from the command line and see if anything is reported?
RustikGaming #329
Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:35 PM
ccemu doesn't seem to work at all on my computer. Here's the crash report. Any help/advice is appreciated.

// Shall we play a game?

Time: 3/25/13 7:35 PM

Relevant Details:
- Operating System: Mac OS X (x86_64) version 10.8.3
- Java Version: 1.7.0_17, Oracle Corporation
- Memory: 49013136 bytes (46 MB) / 65994752 bytes (62 MB) up to 978714624 bytes (933 MB)
}
Xtansia #330
Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:30 PM
ccemu doesn't seem to work at all on my computer. Here's the crash report. Any help/advice is appreciated.

// Shall we play a game?

Relevant Details:
- Memory: 49013136 bytes (46 MB) / 65994752 bytes (62 MB) up to 978714624 bytes (933 MB)
}

It is most likely due to MacOSX + Java 7,
Currently due to some stuff going on with Mac and Java 7 it is causing issues with LWJGL,
They are currently mending these issues but I can't guarantee any compatibility with Mac &amp; Java 7 at this time.
RustikGaming #331
Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

// Shall we play a game?

Relevant Details:
}

It is most likely due to MacOSX + Java 7,
Currently due to some stuff going on with Mac and Java 7 it is causing issues with LWJGL,
They are currently mending these issues but I can't guarantee any compatibility with Mac &amp; Java 7 at this time.

Ok thank you
Entropy #332
Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:58 PM
Well I downloaded it and I got the 3 files in the archive. The jar, the license and another irrelevant file so I extracted it and I ran the jar it opened a menu showing a directory where apparently CC will be installed and then I click like "Start Emulator" or whatever at the bottom and it says "Unable to detect CC installation" You said you need to install CC. I didnt know what you meant by that so… yea…
theoriginalbit #333
Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:01 PM
Well I downloaded it and I got the 3 files in the archive. The jar, the license and another irrelevant file so I extracted it and I ran the jar it opened a menu showing a directory where apparently CC will be installed and then I click like "Start Emulator" or whatever at the bottom and it says "Unable to detect CC installation" You said you need to install CC. I didnt know what you meant by that so… yea…
uuuuuuuhhhhh. an archive? o.O that download link is to the jar which you just run. there is no archive that downloads.
Entropy #334
Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:07 PM
Well… I got it in WinRar so yea… Idk but you replied quick xD Its being downloaded as ccemu-V0.4.zip ever time :/
theoriginalbit #335
Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:13 PM
Well… I got it in WinRar so yea… Idk but you replied quick xD Its being downloaded as ccemu-V0.4.zip ever time :/
Try the direct download?
Entropy #336
Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:14 PM
LOL No wonder I was trying to install an older version :3 Thanks for your help :)/>
slango20 #337
Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:05 PM
does this support miscperipherals enchanting?
nutcase84 #338
Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:52 AM
theoriginalbit #339
Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:00 AM
- image snip -
you are having nothing but "problems", maybe cc-emu isn't for you … double click the jar or try and run the jar from the folder it is in, or give it the absolute path.
nutcase84 #340
Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:06 AM
I tried everything… but why would it just stop working suddenly?
theoriginalbit #341
Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:11 AM
idk. your computer hates you? :P/> there are lots of reasons things can stop working. however, this is not a bug with cc-emu, it is a bug with your computer. try Googling for some answers…………………. wait, you're running it wrong! Java is looking for a .java file run it with
java -jar cc-emu-launcher.jar
nutcase84 #342
Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:18 AM
Cranium #343
Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:21 AM
……..why must you break everything you touch???
nutcase84 #344
Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:23 AM
I do, actually. I broke half of the computers I have owned.
theoriginalbit #345
Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:25 AM
Some steps to try (one at a time):
  1. disconnect and reconnect to the internet.
  2. try without the net turned on
  3. reboot your computer
  4. check your java paths
  5. reinstall cc-emu yet again
  6. reinstall java
  7. throw your computer out the window
  8. pickup the pieces and try again
  9. get over it, seems that your computer and cc-emu don't agree.
nutcase84 #346
Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:28 AM
  • disconnect and reconnect to the internet.
  • try without the net turned on
  • reboot your computer
  • check your java paths
  • reinstall cc-emu yet again
  • reinstall java
  • throw your computer out the window
  • pickup the pieces and try again
  • get over it, seems that your computer and cc-emu don't agree. –But I need this!
nutcase84 #347
Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:29 AM
Do I want to use java 64 bit or 32 bit?

EDIT: And I have java SDK installed, can I try that?
Xtansia #348
Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:22 PM
–Image Snip–

Honestly if you're using the most recent cc-emu launcher version(ie the one thats been on the front page for a few months),
And you are running at least Java 6. Then the only issues I can think of are if your network is setup funky or you have a firewall enabled thats blocking Java from the internet.
theoriginalbit #349
Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:54 PM
Do I want to use java 64 bit or 32 bit?

EDIT: And I have java SDK installed, can I try that?
Do you have a 64bit architecture? if so, use 64bit, or try both…. SDK isn't the JRE, the JRE is the problem here…

Then the only issues I can think of are if your network is setup funky or you have a firewall enabled thats blocking Java from the internet.
But I've used cc-emu without an internet connection and never got an error… maybe add some better reachability, that way if the net is available, but you cannot get the file, just treat it like its offline.
Xtansia #350
Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:29 PM
Then the only issues I can think of are if your network is setup funky or you have a firewall enabled thats blocking Java from the internet.
But I've used cc-emu without an internet connection and never got an error… maybe add some better reachability, that way if the net is available, but you cannot get the file, just treat it like its offline.

It does, It obviously hasn't downloaded the library files/been installed yet.
theoriginalbit #351
Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:32 PM
Then you need to have a better error in that event then :P/> instead of an exception.
Xtansia #352
Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:32 AM
Then you need to have a better error in that event then :P/> instead of an exception.

I know, I probably missed it while looking through stuff :P/>
There's probably a couple other areas like that I'll fix in the next launcher version.
nutcase84 #353
Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:12 AM
I tried CCDesk, and gave me the same error. I also tried reinstalling java. Nothing.
ThePH #354
Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:20 AM
I *might* come from windows 8, i never tried it on 8, and i had problems with it, thats why i reinstalled 7 and ubuntu…
theoriginalbit #355
Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:44 PM
I tried CCDesk, and gave me the same error. I also tried reinstalling java. Nothing.
well CCDesk REQUIRES an internet connection… Sounds to me like you have a firewall blocking them…
NeverCast #356
Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:46 PM
Try the online version, http://cc-emu.tomass1996.org/
If you're lucky, it'll take the proxy settings from your browser and download the crap you need.

Then with some luck, it'll work offline via the jar.
nutcase84 #357
Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:58 AM
Try the online version, http://cc-emu.tomass1996.org/
If you're lucky, it'll take the proxy settings from your browser and download the crap you need.

Then with some luck, it'll work offline via the jar.

When I use Waterfox/Firefox, it crashes the browser. When I use IE, it does this:
Spoiler

:(/>
nutcase84 #358
Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:07 AM
I FIXED IT!!!! MY STUPID ANTIVIRUS WAS THE CAUSE!!!
theoriginalbit #359
Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:26 AM
I FIXED IT!!!! MY STUPID ANTIVIRUS WAS THE CAUSE!!!
How long have I been telling you that it was something stopping it and not actually a bug in the program?!
Aptik #360
Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:15 AM
Is there plans for os.pullEvent("mouse_click") event?
theoriginalbit #361
Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:17 AM
Uhhhh…. its been in for a very long time. tomsss does not make his own computercraft, he uses the real source with permission from dan200 and Cloudy. make sure that you are making an advanced computer.
Smiley43210 #362
Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:15 PM
Could you possibly fix the paste into computer shortcut? Or add a menu item for pasting so that keystrokes (like the control key) aren't to the computer when we paste. Or is that actually a part of CC itself, as some of the shortcuts are CC shortcuts, not CC Emu shortcuts.
theoriginalbit #363
Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:21 PM
Could you possibly fix the paste into computer shortcut? Or add a menu item for pasting so that keystrokes (like the control key) aren't to the computer when we paste. Or is that actually a part of CC itself, as some of the shortcuts are CC shortcuts, not CC Emu shortcuts.
i don't think keyboard shortcuts should be changed, because then you will go back to Minecraft and complain when you need to press different keyboard shortcuts. Also there is no point copy-pasting, since CC isn't built for it and will only paste 1 line at a time.
Aptik #364
Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:51 PM
Uhhhh…. its been in for a very long time. tomsss does not make his own computercraft, he uses the real source with permission from dan200 and Cloudy. make sure that you are making an advanced computer.
Sorry, my mistake. I created standart computer not advanced.
TableCraft0R #365
Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:42 AM
Won't work

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to read VERSION fi
le from web
		at org.tomass1996.ccemu.launcher.Launcher.init(Launcher.java:91)
		at org.tomass1996.ccemu.launcher.LauncherFrame.canRunOffline(LauncherFra
me.java:82)
		at org.tomass1996.ccemu.launcher.LauncherFrame.<init>(LauncherFrame.java
:60)
		at org.tomass1996.ccemu.launcher.LauncherFrame.main(LauncherFrame.java:1
04)
Edit: Antivirus must be the cause:in minecraft there's many Errors about sockets
HOW DO I DISABLE IT?
kaspersky internet security 2013
nolongerexistant #366
Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:57 AM
Won't work

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to read VERSION fi
le from web
04)
Edit: Antivirus must be the cause:in minecraft there's many Errors about sockets
HOW DO I DISABLE IT?

Your antivirus seems to be blocking Java from accessing websites. You could add a exception for certain programs in your antivirus, Maybe this could help.
Mindstorm95 #367
Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:49 PM
[Bug] There is a bug for norwegian keyboards that if you press ALT Gr to get the "{ }". It goes to the Menu,

diegodan1893 #368
Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:36 AM
[Bug] There is a bug for norwegian keyboards that if you press ALT Gr to get the "{ }". It goes to the Menu,

That happens in ComputerCraft, the problem is not CC-Emu
Leo Verto #369
Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:27 AM

Change the key in a copy of edit or hit ALT Gr two times.
Popeye #370
Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:09 AM
Thank you for this! A Very Useful Tool!
fmra #371
Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:36 PM
I used to be able to run previous versions from a USB drive without installing to the computer (%appdata%). Is there a way to set this version up to do the same?
Xtansia #372
Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:44 PM
I used to be able to run previous versions from a USB drive without installing to the computer (%appdata%). Is there a way to set this version up to do the same?

With the current launcher, the easiest way to do this is to launch using a batch script.
And setting the APPDATA variable to the current directory or a specific dir etc.
For example setting appdata to a directory named data in the current dir.
@echo off
set APPDATA=%CD%\data
java -Xms64M -Xmx256M -jar cc-emu-launcher.jar
fmra #373
Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:07 AM
Thank you. That's what I needed. =)
TorakTu #374
Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:16 PM
Hey there. Hate to ask this.. but not sure WHERE to ask it.. I wanted to wrap a peripheral. I have read people were asking about adding monitor support etc etc.. but I havn't seen a solution posted yet. Is there any ? Did I miss it or is it not implemented yet ?

example of what I mean :

m = peripheral.wrap("top")

m.write("test")

The emulator is awesome.. I just hope monitor peripheral support is added because of the nature of why I needed it. I use advanced monitors in what I do.
Xtansia #375
Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:07 PM
Hey there. Hate to ask this.. but not sure WHERE to ask it.. I wanted to wrap a peripheral. I have read people were asking about adding monitor support etc etc.. but I havn't seen a solution posted yet. Is there any ? Did I miss it or is it not implemented yet ?

example of what I mean :

m.write("test")

The emulator is awesome.. I just hope monitor peripheral support is added because of the nature of why I needed it. I use advanced monitors in what I do.

Unfortunately monitor and other peripherals other than modems are currently not implemented.
TorakTu #376
Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

example of what I mean :

m.write("test")

Unfortunately monitor and other peripherals other than modems are currently not implemented.

Awws .. shame. Would have been a useful tool to use. Ok thanks for the reply.
Xtansia #377
Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:15 AM
Attention:
This project is pretty much dead at this point in time, I just do not have the time available to work on it (the very thing that caused Lochie to leave and eventually begin his own project), neither do I at this point in time have the 'enterprise' level skills/knowledge to compete with the kind of plans and features Lochie has in store for CCDesk. I'll endeavor to keep the applet online until I feel it is time to take it down. Thank you to all the people who supported me and this project and I wish Lochie all the best with CCDesk.
Smiley43210 #378
Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:41 AM
Aw man, I love this! I can't use CCDesk on my Mac because it causes it it freeze - and there's no error messages.
nutcase84 #379
Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:40 AM
Won't work

le from web
04)
HOW DO I DISABLE IT?

I had to uninstall Kaspersky. I couldn't find any other way.
TorakTu #380
Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:43 AM
Won't work

le from web
04)
HOW DO I DISABLE IT?

I had to uninstall Kaspersky. I couldn't find any other way.

Yea there is a new JAVA Applet trojan out there as of last year.. so Kapersky in their great wisdom. ( coughs ) decided that they would block ALL applets / JAVA applications from any net interactivity.

I would highly recommend switching from that lousy Anti-virus to one that has a better reputation —> BitDefender. It's well known as the best as of 2012 and 2013. In fact it has won awards for being the best.

On a side note.. stay away from norton products. There are websites out there that teach people how to hack norton defended computers. And it shows them how to get around the security so that the hacker can upload a trojan and work its way in .. all the while.. the person on that side thinks they are safe. This has been a known fact for over a decade now.
elfin8er #381
Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:12 PM
lol But how… ?
MCGamer20000 #382
Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:31 PM
Please update to CC 1.53
theoriginalbit #383
Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:35 PM
Please update to CC 1.53
Attention:
nutcase84 #384
Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:44 AM
Attention:

NOOOO
Edited by
jesusthekiller #385
Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:47 AM
FFS, Nutcase, CC-Desk
KaoS #386
Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:57 AM
FFS, Nutcase, CC-Desk

CC-Desk is great and all but this is more portable and runs offline etc. I have to respect CC-Desk as a very good feat of coding but in this case I prefer the simplicity of CC-Emu
jesusthekiller #387
Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:59 AM
I like B-I-G computers in CC-Desk :3
theoriginalbit #388
Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:00 AM
I like B-I-G computers in CC-Desk :3
There is a setting to change that in CC-Emu, its the computer scale or something like that. I personally prefer being able to make the application go fullscreen in CCDesk.
jesusthekiller #389
Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:01 AM
Oh my god. You tell me that now? D:
Mike_Dillon #390
Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:39 PM
I get instantly an error

http://pastebin.com/HmTYBcRv

I want this program! :(/>
TorakTu #391
Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:36 PM
I get instantly an error

http://pastebin.com/HmTYBcRv

I want this program! :(/>

I'm no expert here, but it looks like JAVA 1.6.0.jdk is your problem. Update to latest 7_25 JDK. http://www.oracle.co...ds-1880260.html

Make sure to uninstall ANY old ones first.
civilwargeeky #392
Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:09 AM
Hmm. Is it just me, or is the website down? "Google Chrome could not connect to …"
theoriginalbit #393
Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:36 AM
The website would be down. OP was going to leave the website up until the end of the contract and then not renew, iirc.
Xtansia #394
Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:44 AM
I did not intentionally take it down, my vps and the hosts have gone awol for whatever reason, so yeah, unfortunately it's out of my control atm D:
Xtansia #395
Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:24 PM
Just as a forewarning I'll most likely be taking down the update site at the end of the month.
While current installations should continue to function correctly the update and downloads will cease to function.
KaoS #396
Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:27 AM
Just as a forewarning I'll most likely be taking down the update site at the end of the month.
While current installations should continue to function correctly the update and downloads will cease to function.

I'm very sorry to hear that. I have really enjoyed working with CCEmu. Thanks for making it man.
Tiin57 #397
Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:27 AM
Yeah, Tomass. It had a great run. :D/>
Pharap #398
Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:29 AM
Are the CCemu sources available?
I may have brave Java to see if I can keep CCemu running, or make a derivative at least.
NeptunasLT #399
Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:37 AM
Dafaq?
<Error><Code>AllAccessDisabled</Code><Message>All access to this object has been disabled</Message><RequestId>3D1A0CE3ACE126D7</RequestId><HostId>SQBYD68AJiHaKcD36uk2pCH8UpT4g/ZTWuayrT+2Jl9f0C7DUawICNc9a2xf/3m+</HostId></Error>
Lyqyd #400
Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:30 PM
The project seems to be dead. Locked.