This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
jv110's profile picture

Question about moderation

Started by jv110, 28 May 2016 - 08:49 PM
jv110 #1
Posted 28 May 2016 - 10:49 PM
Why is the moderation here (especially in Forum Games) so strict? I mean, by the time you know how to read, surf the web (and your parents let you), and get to use ComputerCraft (and Minecraft [the PC version {most kids just play on their phones}]), you've 772619364% chance heard tons of words.
apemanzilla #2
Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:03 PM
Why is the moderation here (especially in Forum Games) so strict? I mean, by the time you know how to read, surf the web (and your parents let you), and get to use ComputerCraft (and Minecraft [the PC version {most kids just play on their phones}]), you've 772619364% chance heard tons of words.

Just because people have heard swears before doesn't mean it should be encouraged, or is appropriate. Would you swear in front of your parents, for example?
jv110 #3
Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:53 PM
No, but that's just because they wouldn't let me. They swear in front of me all the time.
KingofGamesYami #4
Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:10 AM
My parents allow me to swear IRL (well, for the last couple years, anyway), but I've never found people who swear online to be contributing positively to the community. I usually edit my posts several times before posting. I re-write them until I'm sure they convey the information I want them to, and that information isn't negative.
jv110 #5
Posted 29 May 2016 - 03:31 AM
Just because it contains swearing doesn't mean it's negative. Let's cite the Nerd for example:

"But the game is good! ****ing good, actually."

Even if it wasn't, I'm not talking about the positiveness, but the words themselves and why they're nota allowed.
Lyqyd #6
Posted 29 May 2016 - 03:50 AM
The moderation isn't that strict. Keep your posts clean and contributing positively and you'll never even notice the moderation. If you continue to use scatological "humor" and/or swear words in your posts, you'll notice that they tend to disappear. We have very young children that use this forum at times, so the rules are in place to keep this forum full of good information and clean, useful posts. We don't want to be a place that parents have any real reasons to object to.