This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
jaketheraven's profile picture

DabOS

Started by jaketheraven, 29 May 2016 - 08:12 PM
jaketheraven #1
Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:12 PM
DabOS
An operating system for people.
Download at http://pastebin.com/x666Xc8W
Or run pastebin get x666Xc8W build
Then run build –extract
Then restart your computer.
README
The archive was archived with complr by oeed. He makes some pretty cool stuffs.
Edited by
Nothy #2
Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:18 AM
Honestly, this is so bad that it's funny. But at least it's more functional than expected.
Waitdev_ #3
Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:11 AM
Actually, this is quite cool. Though true, it does need a bit of work. Keep learning Lua, and soon you could turn this into an awesome OS! I like the funny name btw!
Creator #4
Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:20 PM
I don't wanna be the guy, but isn't the NDFJay OS hype over already?

PS: IIRC his start bar was on the bottom of the screen.
DannySMc #5
Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:31 PM
Honestly, this is so bad that it's funny. But at least it's more functional than expected.

Try and give constructive criticism :/

Yes it's not great, but saying what could be improved is a good start, instead of slating it straight off.
Edited on 01 June 2016 - 04:31 PM
Nothy #6
Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:49 PM

Yes it's not great, but saying what could be improved is a good start, instead of slating it straight off.
Yes. I'd say the GUI could use some improvements, both design wise and how it's being used.
More interactive menus and maybe some smaller folders to take up the home screen wouldn't be so bad?
Either way, for being a small operating system, it still works better than some of the bigger ones out there.
DannySMc #7
Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:08 PM

Yes. I'd say the GUI could use some improvements, both design wise and how it's being used.
More interactive menus and maybe some smaller folders to take up the home screen wouldn't be so bad?
Either way, for being a small operating system, it still works better than some of the bigger ones out there.

Much better, and I do agree, it is a lot better than some out there haha