This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
Jack Parker's profile picture

"Deadly Dir" Bug [ 1.8.9 ] [ CC 1.78 ]

Started by Jack Parker, 24 July 2016 - 01:04 PM
Jack Parker #1
Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:04 PM
Experiment:
- Take a floppy disk that contain files and insert it into a floppy drive, go to the disk and then do a dir command, after that press enter, you will see a list of your files in the disk. Now leave that there, do not clear the screen. If you eject the disk, you still see the list of your files there because it is a dir command that we do earlier that shown the files, however, if you do a dir command one more time it will display an error that says disk not found or some sort of things, You will thinking right now, "yeah, of course when you eject the disk and do a dir command in the disk drive it will display an error". That's not i am talk about, if you insert the disk back and do a dir command. All the files is gone i mean deleted !! you will lost your data instantly (in the floppy disk, not a real physical computer ) and also do it in a new world, the current world will not work!!
Edited on 25 July 2016 - 04:45 AM
KingofGamesYami #2
Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:37 PM
I was able to reproduce this once, in CC 1.79.

After I reproduced, I opened the file location on my real computer and found the file was there.

Trying to reproduce again with the same commands failed after doing this. I do not know why.

Jack Parker #3
Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:42 AM
You have to start a new world ! if you trying to make the bug on your current world, it will not work

I was able to reproduce this once, in CC 1.79.

After I reproduced, I opened the file location on my real computer and found the file was there.

Trying to reproduce again with the same commands failed after doing this. I do not know why.

Make sure you do it in a brand new world, the current world will not work !!
KingofGamesYami #4
Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:03 PM
Like I said, I was able to reproduce once - it fixes itself after that one time, plus the files are not actually deleted.