This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
TheBlockCommander's profile picture

binOS - Browser, Appstore and more!

Started by TheBlockCommander, 06 September 2016 - 01:05 PM
TheBlockCommander #1
Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:05 PM
binOS isn't a 0815 operating system.
Here, you will find a feature list, with description in the spoiler.

Features:
- Login
- Up to three Accounts
DescriptionThe first one will have admin permissions…
- Update Feature
DescriptionClick on 'Start' and then on 'update' to download the current version from Server.
- AppStore
DescriptionClick on the Task bar on "AppStore" to open it. Download it, and then you can use the program via the "Programs" window, you will find at 'Start'.

- Document Editor
DescriptionClick on 'Start' and then on 'Documents' for a list. You can create a new one via the 'NEW' Button. Once you selected a document, you can select some options.
You can:
Features- Open it via the Editor.
- Open it via paint.
- Run it.
- Move it to the programs window (Then it can be opened on all accounts, while documents are account-only.)
- Delete it.
- Load it on the backup server. In a later update, I will add a feature to download these on another computer.
- And - my biggest feature - the browser. I'm very proud on it, so please read the description.
[b]Description[/b]Via the website http://www.craftscri...om/binWebDomain you can create a website.
No login or similiar is required, but you need your own webspace to use this system. You could use for example bplaced, it's a free webspace hoster. Then, at "path to your BinWeb Script", you will have to enter the real URL to your website. In the Second form field, enter the domain you wish to have. At this moment, the given script has to exist already and the first visible line has to be –binWeb–

After that, you can use your script as a binWeb website. Use write() and print() to create text. You see, just normal lua scripting commands. Some strings are blocked, you find these at http://craftscripts....-forbidden.txt . If you have to use one of these strings in a sentence or similiar, add %$% in front of the string. You will have to use " " instead of ' ' in the whole script of your website, or else something could break. It will no longer work as a command anymore, and it will be removed by the system, so that the user won't see it. That's the short description, for more information about the huge Script API, open the browser, and visit the 'information on how to create a website'. With this API, you can do cool stuff like displaying images or asking the user for input. I think, you know pearl. Now, you should see, binWeb has got a lot more possibilities.

Now, I would like to see you creating websites. If you want a program added to the appstore, just post it below this post.
I hope you like it.
- TheBlockCommander.
Lyqyd #2
Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:38 PM
Posts in this section require downloadable code for the OS in order to be posted. I'm locking your post. Feel free to report it when you're ready to add code and a staff member will unlock it for you.

Edit: I said "repoRt", not "repoSt". I deleted the duplicate topic you posted. It contained the below pastebin code, so I'm re-opening this topic. You should edit the above post to include the download information.

pastebin run FPYKxrF1