This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
oeed's profile picture

Dan200's Game Redirection – Now Available!

Started by oeed, 25 October 2016 - 08:59 AM
oeed #1
Posted 25 October 2016 - 10:59 AM
Dan's new game Redirection is now available! Highly encourage all of you to buy it - as a thanks to Dan for being awesome if nothing else! It's only a few bucks and 15% for the next few days.

Find it here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/305760
LDDestroier #2
Posted 25 October 2016 - 11:53 AM
I will make sure to get it as soon as I have money! It looks great!
Selim #3
Posted 25 October 2016 - 03:27 PM
I already purchased it :)/>
CrazedProgrammer #4
Posted 25 October 2016 - 03:42 PM
Bought it!
Gonna play it a lot this evening :D/>
Bomb Bloke #5
Posted 25 October 2016 - 05:49 PM
Well I got my copy. :)/>

For those who've played the CC script (or simply got their hands on older versions of Redirection), the first curve-ball this one throws is that you can't place items into the field while the robots are moving - you have to indicate where you want them beforehand, using timers to dictate when they should actually appear. As a rough estimate, it seems to me that a robot moves two tiles in a second, assuming no turns…

So far the main campaign levels I've encountered have been pretty straight-forward, though I see from the workshop levels that there're various obstacles and so on that could make things more complex later on. I'd play more, but it's far too early in the morning for that.

It'd be nice if I could use my mousewheel to quickly change timers. Otherwise the controls are pretty intuitive.

For those wondering about the "CraftOS2.0" preview, some levels unlock "arcade games" which can be accessed from the main menu. The first is pong, which straight away put me in mind of Keen's minigame. The available display seems to be a 64x64 monochrome device, and I see some functionality to load regular images straight in. Also supports audio and is apparently running Lua 5.3. User's scripts can be uploaded to the Steam Workshop.

Certainly the game is well-polished. Well done, Dan. :)/>

Psst Dan - story.main.5 in en.lang - "its" not "it's"!
Edited on 25 October 2016 - 03:54 PM