This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
BadCoder_'s profile picture

Jedi's Computer Locker

Started by BadCoder_, 03 November 2016 - 06:55 PM
BadCoder_ #1
Posted 03 November 2016 - 07:55 PM
Hey guys !

Today i'd like to release my computer locker ! I wasnt planning to release it but when i saw the current concurrents ( like FoxLock ), i was like "Nop." so here it is :

Jedi's Computer Locker !

It is a basic computer locker that while simply ask for a password on startup. It provides a simple setup too so you dont have to write any config file by yourself of course.
It uses the beautiful cryptLib API from Anavrins and his SHA256 algorithm + his PBKDF2 algorithm

For the "Choose a number between 50 and 200", let me explain further, it's part of the PBKDF2 algorithm. If you choose for example 50, your system will open faster , but the password will be easier to crack,
reverse, if you choose 200, your system will open slower, but the password will be harder to crack. I'm not saying a 50' password will get cracked easily, far from that !

There is a tiny animation after entering the right password, just skip it using any key if you want ! The locker adds an alias, so if you type "lock" in the shell, it will lock the computer !

Finaly, i want all of you to know that my code is fully commented ! And i would be pleased if someone learns by reading my code :)/>

Screenshots :
Spoiler

Download :
Spoiler
Ask by PM

Thank you for reading, feel free to review, and sorry for my kinda poor english skills !
Edited on 09 November 2016 - 07:54 PM
BadCoder_ #2
Posted 06 November 2016 - 12:42 PM
No one has anything to say ? ;(
Edited on 06 November 2016 - 11:43 AM
houseofkraft #3
Posted 06 November 2016 - 02:28 PM
Seems like a nice locker, I like that it is secured with encryption.