This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
HaddockDev's profile picture

pkg | Packager with rotate encryption!

Started by HaddockDev, 26 November 2016 - 02:05 PM
HaddockDev #1
Posted 26 November 2016 - 03:05 PM
meetpkg.

Ever wanted a poorly encrypted package creator?

Here you go :D/>

pkg is a pretty small and simple to use package creator program, that supports the rot* encryption scheme.

​What variant of rot?
You decide! If you choose to use a password, rot will encrypt the files table, depending on what ASCII bytes you use.
If my password was "a", we would be using rot65. If it was "aa", we would be using rot130. Get it? For every letter/number you use, it will add your ASCII byte to the rot strength variable.

Does it have "password denied" when you enter the wrong password?
Nope! Because of the way rot works, if you enter the wrong password, it doesn't complain.
It will extract the package with corrupt file names and contents! Yay!

How do I use this poorly coded monstrosity?
Well, it's pretty simple.
Download it from Pastebin, name it pkg or pkg.lua.
Put it in a folder you want to package, run the program and it will ask if you want a password.
If you do, press Y and then put in your password. It will ask you again to make sure you know what your doing.
It will now write to "out.lua" containing a small program and all of your files, and sometimes the program itself.

When it comes time you want to extract, run the file in a folder and it will do all the work for you.

Example GIF:

Downloads
Normal (~2700 bytes): pastebin get kkjLd7iC pkg
pkg tiny, shortened strings and without encryption (Less than 1200 bytes): pastebin get yUwMvSRL pkg

Sigs for my Sig program
Normal: c783c00d8d5c982aacd9ba16fe8347ccd059768e1c86e8630beb925aee91bd57
Tiny: 33805bbbfc47e230c63ddbf774c4c12cd384400490efbd6c3cd10bd905ed7fb0

Yes, you can use it in your program, following GPLv3.

Don't ask why I made 2 editions of this, but I guess tiny is for people that love floppy disks.
I referred Caesar as rot just because its easier to type. Deal with it!
Edited on 29 January 2017 - 03:16 PM
emerald #2
Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:10 PM
Hey, can I use this and package an edited version of this by default with my OS? Because my OS will come with a tool to package software and basing it off of this would be the quickest way to do it.
Lupus590 #3
Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:41 PM
Hey, can I use this and package an edited version of this by default with my OS? Because my OS will come with a tool to package software and basing it off of this would be the quickest way to do it.
Yes, you can use it in your program, following CC-BY-ND.

Edit: Just realized, you want to edit it which the license doesn't allow.

@Haddock, Creative Commons is not designed for code, you may want to try another license. Also, why don't you want modifications? Would a state changes clause be ok?
Edited on 30 December 2016 - 02:48 PM
HaddockDev #4
Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:34 PM
Yes, you can use it in your program, following CC-BY-ND.

Edit: Just realized, you want to edit it which the license doesn't allow.

@Haddock, Creative Commons is not designed for code, you may want to try another license. Also, why don't you want modifications? Would a state changes clause be ok?

Yeah, I'd go for a state changes clause. I don't mind people making changes, in fact it's more of a "state me and it's ok" kind of thing.
And I know Creative Commons isn't really for code, more of media. I was starting to regret putting that in as my default license, I'll change it later on today.

This was more of a minor project to be honest, I love FOSS and all of my minor programs are under some sort of Creative Commons (if I remember correctly) because I thought it was kinda fair, well, its more of what you see is what you get and if your unsure/need permissions PM me.

I'll update my licenses to maybe something more friendlier, like GPL or MIT.

Yeah, go ahead.
Edited on 07 January 2017 - 12:35 PM