This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
TheKickstart's profile picture

(Only an idea)Craftpoison - Mouse-free Desktop Environment

Started by TheKickstart, 11 December 2016 - 06:37 PM
TheKickstart #1
Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:37 PM
Note : Craftposion is only currently and idea and I want to know if you guys think I should begin development. It is only in this forum as it is related to the development of Craftpoison, a desktop that doesn't require a mouse(like ratpoison(the Linux Desktop that dosen't support mouse control and is the inspiration to Craftpoison)

So I was looking at Salix with Ratpoison, and it made think how annoying it is to have to take your hand off the keyboard just to select something. But thats whenit hit me! Most of the things you do in Computercraft involves typing stuff in, and Ratposion is a very good idea, so why not combine Ratpoison with Computercraft. This is currently just an idea, but the idea is that most Computercraft users aren't happy having to occasionally take the hands off the keyboard and it's the same case with Developers and main computer users.
So at this point, I am starting development of Craftpoison. Betas will be shared with the community. I don't need to mention that I have came up with renders in PowerPoint(which I prefer because of AutoShapes and everything), and here they are:
Click Here
Edited on 11 December 2016 - 06:44 PM
Lyqyd #2
Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:36 PM
Thread closed. Feel free to report your topic when you have code to post and we'll unlock it for you.