This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
dimitriye98's profile picture

Markers (Naming Floppy Disks)

Started by dimitriye98, 24 July 2012 - 02:31 AM
dimitriye98 #1
Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:31 AM
Markers would allow you to rename floppy disks.
When you right click with a marker you would get a GUI with one item slot, sort of like the disk-drive, except there would be a text box under the slot. When you put a floppy disk in and type in the text box, it would change the name in the tool tip, for example it would change from "Floppy Disk" to "Floppy Disk - Example Text." It would allow easier differentiation between disks.
limdingwen #2
Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:24 AM
You can already do that - when in CraftOS, type label set <side of disk drive> <name> and it will change the tooltip. Very useful.

BTW, if you do label set <name> it sets the name of your computer that enables it to be ported around! Awesome! :)/>/>
dimitriye98 #3
Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:36 AM
Thank you, didn't know you could do that.
Moderator: Please lock this thread.
Darky_Alan #4
Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:45 AM
You can already do that - when in CraftOS, type label set <side of disk drive> <name> and it will change the tooltip. Very useful.

BTW, if you do label set <name> it sets the name of your computer that enables it to be ported around! Awesome! :)/>/>

Oooooh +1 to you sir, I was about to suggest the same type of thread, thanks mate!
limdingwen #5
Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:29 AM

BTW, if you do label set <name> it sets the name of your computer that enables it to be ported around! Awesome! :D/>/>

Oooooh +1 to you sir, I was about to suggest the same type of thread, thanks mate!

Yay, a +1 for me clueless guy! :)/>/>
Cloudy #6
Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:44 AM
Locked by request.