This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
secret6timb1's profile picture

Peripheral - Moar Redstone Inputs

Started by secret6timb1, 22 March 2017 - 07:46 PM
secret6timb1 #1
Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:46 PM
right now there's only 6 possible inputs, but being able to have extra redstone input via wires would be nice af,

also redstone outputs.

this could be used to make semi-pc semi-redstone contraptions, such as a 60x60 lever code door, i've only made a 9x9 one with normal redstone.

this could also be used to make dynamic traps or systems, without the hassle of having to make it fully with redstone circuits.
Bomb Bloke #2
Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:34 AM
http://www.computercraft.info/wiki/Redstone_%28API%29#Bundled_Cables
Lupus590 #3
Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:02 PM
http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/922-rednet-wireless-redstone/
SquidDev #4
Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:24 PM
If you're on 1.8.9+, it might be worth checking out Plethora. This adds a "redstone integrator", which allows controlling additional redstone wires.

If you're on 1.7.10, you have a couple of options:
  • Gopher's peripherals adds a programmable redstone block which I believe offers similar functionality. (and a whole load of other cool stuff).
  • FirePeripherals which adds bundled and redstone i/o blocks.
secret6timb1 #5
Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:34 AM
Noticing how 1.7.10 is the best version for modding, (most mods), i'll get Gopher's peripherals. (keypad looks cool).

Thanks Squid and others, also, can you direct me to the peripherals/mods that include these?

keycard + scanner (perhaps it was MoarPeripherals?)
chatbox (pretty sure it was MoarPeripherals)
ICBM Missle peripherals.
SquidDev #6
Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:36 AM
Noticing how 1.7.10 is the best version for modding, (most mods), i'll get Gopher's peripherals. (keypad looks cool).
Generally, I find 1.10.2 has a more vibrant collection of mods. Sadly, most peripheral mods haven't made the jump from 1.7.10 - I'm only aware of 4 which have, 2 of them being mine. Hopefully this'll improve once CC is officially updated and stable for 1.10.2. Anyways, peripherals:
  • Keycard + Scanner: immibis's peripherals has an Mag-card and a mag-card device to read/write to them. This is the closest thing I'm aware of.
  • Chatbox: Both Peripherals++ and MoarPeripherals have this. I'd recommend the former as it has a few more features.
  • ICBM Missle peripherals: I'm not aware of anything which adds support for it. I'm pretty sure OpenPeripherals doesn't.