This is a read-only snapshot of the ComputerCraft forums, taken in April 2020.
DannySMc's profile picture

Airwaves [1.12] [Latest ComputerCraft]

Started by DannySMc, 02 June 2017 - 06:17 PM
DannySMc #1
Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:17 PM
AIR Waves

Introduction:
Hello everyone!
So this post is just a placeholder for the time being until I have some more time to update it; most likely tomorrow. I have created a server which updates the server nightly with builds to make sure that the latest updates for ComputerCraft are installed and added to the server. There are only two mods as of now, which are the ComputerCraft jar and an additional jar to make it work with Minecraft 1.12; I will in the future create a solder technic pack for the server, which will allow you to download the latest build.
Update:
Hey everyone due to some changes and griefing we have now had the chance to update to Minecraft 1.12 with additional server plugins, so GriefPrevention is installed on the server for you to protected your land. The latest build of CC which is installed disables turtles from doing anything to ruin the server that have GP protected areas.
Builds:
The nightly builds are done at 00:00 GMT every 3 days.
Mods:
Link to the website that the mods are hosted on is here: https://kaos-network...ervers/airwaves
Forge Download/Version:
Just download the Forge version mentioned in the about section of the website, and then download the two files (links in sidebar). Place into your mods folder and boom! Done.
Server IP:
The server IP is: kaos-network.com:25599
Reason for server:
This is mainly for testing the new builds on a multiplayer server and is really there for the people that make pushes to the ComputerCraft Repository.
Want your mod on the server:
If you want your mod on the server, and you also want either nightly builds are other, then please send me a PM and we can discuss to make sure if you do ask for a mod it is not bugged.
Bugs:
If you find any bugs with ComputerCraft please create an issue on the ComputerCraft repository, or you can hop onto the IRC Channel and speak to SquidDev (if he is online).
Edited on 19 April 2018 - 08:24 AM
DannySMc #2
Posted 02 June 2017 - 11:44 PM
I have also seen quite a few connection attempts, please try and use a clean install as me and Wojbie are able to get on it fine, and make sure you install the two files (linked in the sidebar here: https://kaos-network.com/servers/airwaves)
ebernerd #3
Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:52 AM
I will definitely join this server once I return to my main computer. Running Minecraft at 7fps on an old laptop is not ideal.
DannySMc #4
Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:50 AM
I will definitely join this server once I return to my main computer. Running Minecraft at 7fps on an old laptop is not ideal.

Haha okay, tell me what you think or if we should add any other mods! :)/>
Wojbie #5
Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:26 PM
It seems we are having computers not starting up bug on server. After all players logged off server computers don't turn back on automaticly after someone rejoins. That freaking bug followed CC from the beginings.
SMP only in this case.

EDIT: And freaking turtles forgetting theyr peripherals shows its head too due same reasons. Darn.
Edited on 03 June 2017 - 02:37 PM
DannySMc #6
Posted 03 June 2017 - 09:08 PM
It seems we are having computers not starting up bug on server. After all players logged off server computers don't turn back on automaticly after someone rejoins. That freaking bug followed CC from the beginings.
SMP only in this case.

EDIT: And freaking turtles forgetting theyr peripherals shows its head too due same reasons. Darn.

Create the issues in the repository then haha
Bomb Bloke #7
Posted 03 June 2017 - 11:16 PM
SMP only in this case.

Er, you're not just saying that because I shut down my computer before logging off, are you?

Assuming it's affecting everything, then a Command Computer configured at spawn with a script along these lines may prove enlightening:

while true do commands.say("asdf") end

My basic theory is that the bug does allow computers to turn on (and hence a system at the chunk-loaded spawn should start as soon as the server does), but at some point shortly after server load the Lua VM crashes, taking out all active CC systems with it. This script should trigger a series of writes to the server log, indicating whether a computer at least gets a chance to start, and if it does, how long it gets to remain active for.

Haven't been able to test it as much as I'd like as I unbugged my own local server. Somehow. Even restoring backups didn't fix it so I'm thinking "race condition".

Read on from here for more on the subject.

Edit:

Seems things also bomb out when computers are affected by regular chunk unloads; I warped to the nether and back to see dead computers. Not sure if any computers at the chunk-loaded spawn were affected?
Edited on 04 June 2017 - 08:19 AM
Lupus590 #8
Posted 04 June 2017 - 06:06 PM
I found a mod which might make client updates less of a pain: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/serversync
DannySMc #9
Posted 04 June 2017 - 07:56 PM
I found a mod which might make client updates less of a pain: https://minecraft.cu...ects/serversync

Ahh nice, that looks pretty useful actually! Will take a look; thanks!
Twijn #10
Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:00 PM
Sweet server!

Been playing for a few hours or so now.

Though, the item "Wireless" on the supply dispenser screen is an ender modem, as well as "Ender" is. Guess I'll just have to hunt down some endermen. :/
Edited on 14 June 2017 - 08:54 PM
Bomb Bloke #11
Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:21 AM
Beats me what you'd want regular modems for, but if you can hunt down the Nether portal near spawn (in the wooden fort), you shouldn't have much trouble popping into the End from there.
Wojbie #12
Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:04 PM
Though, the item "Wireless" on the supply dispenser screen is an ender modem, as well as "Ender" is. Guess I'll just have to hunt down some endermen. :/

Fixed that. Small typo on my part when defining the shop. Tx for reporting.
Twijn #13
Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:18 AM
Beats me what you'd want regular modems for, but if you can hunt down the Nether portal near spawn (in the wooden fort), you shouldn't have much trouble popping into the End from there.
Was, as you know, because the ender modems wouldn't work with turtles - though that as you pointed out it was just because of the messed up ID from the typo.

Fixed that. Small typo on my part when defining the shop. Tx for reporting.
Np. :)/> Though as Bomb Bloke said, they don't really have that much of a purpose, with Ender modems.
Wojbie #14
Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:21 AM
Was, as you know, because the ender modems wouldn't work with turtles - though that as you pointed out it was just because of the messed up ID from the typo.
But ender modems do work on turtles…? Wat?
Bomb Bloke #15
Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:51 AM
The modems previously produced by the "wireless" button looked like Ender modems, but turtles didn't recognise them as such. For a time Twijn believed this meant turtles couldn't use Ender modems at all. I corrected him on the matter through server chat.
Reinified #16
Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:33 PM
Kewl server. Be sure to join y'all.
DannySMc #17
Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:13 PM
Kewl server. Be sure to join y'all.
Sounds good! :D/>
DannySMc #18
Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:15 AM
It's pretty cool to see some of the stuff that has been built on the server, although.. who is to blame for the pixel art… -_-/>
Bomb Bloke #19
Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:25 AM
*whistles innocently*
DannySMc #20
Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:10 AM
*whistles innocently*

Of course ;)/>. Did you see the sign I put in your home? like downstairs..? (Yes. I was being curious and looking at what people have made).
Bomb Bloke #21
Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:37 AM
The ones next to the room full of coloured sheep? Yes, I saw them thanks. :)/>
DannySMc #22
Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:52 PM
The ones next to the room full of coloured sheep? Yes, I saw them thanks. :)/>/>

Yes I think so? haha it was by the enchantment table.
DannySMc #23
Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:31 AM
Hey guys I have created a poll for you guys to vote on. The vote is whether you want to install some additional peripheral mods or even some useful plugins to help you guys with doing things on the server; love to hear your thoughts.
Wojbie #24
Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:05 PM
Adding CC tweaks could lead to situations where bug reports are inaccurate due to Squid messing with stuff he should not have. ;p Plethora sounds good thought even if to test if peripheral mod! actually work.
Edited on 22 June 2017 - 01:06 PM
KingofGamesYami #25
Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:36 PM
Add CCGit too!
Wojbie #26
Posted 22 June 2017 - 04:14 PM
Add CCGit too!
CCGit - Links or it don't exists.Can't seem to find it.
DannySMc #27
Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:08 PM
Add CCGit too!

Send me a link! I shall take a look.

Adding CC tweaks could lead to situations where bug reports are inaccurate due to Squid messing with stuff he should not have. ;p Plethora sounds good thought even if to test if peripheral mod! actually work.

I have been told, but I feel that because all bugs go to him anyway… it wouldn't make much of a difference haha.
KingofGamesYami #28
Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:06 PM

It's the third thread in Peripherals and Turtle Upgrades
Wojbie #29
Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:54 PM

I have been told, but I feel that because all bugs go to him anyway… it wouldn't make much of a difference haha.

Better ask man himself then if He feels up distangling CCTweaks madness from ComputerCraft madness in case of bug report.
DannySMc #30
Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:02 AM
Better ask man himself then if He feels up distangling CCTweaks madness from ComputerCraft madness in case of bug report.

I shall ask him tomorrow on the IRC channel.
DevelopedLogic #31
Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:30 AM
Are you running this on Sponge?
DannySMc #32
Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:12 PM
Are you running this on Sponge?

No - but if people want plugins then yes it will.
Edited on 24 June 2017 - 12:14 PM
Wojbie #33
Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:08 PM
I think now that The permissions related PRs are in game it would make sense to reset server and setup it with Grief Prevention and Permission Manager just to test if it blocks turtle movements and mining correctly. Plus Plethora and CCTweaks and CCGit would be fun.
Edited on 04 July 2017 - 08:33 PM
Yarillo #34
Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:30 AM
I'll join it if you install Plethora c:

I don't have the courage to use CC without plethora
Edited on 05 July 2017 - 12:32 AM
DannySMc #35
Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:58 AM
I think now that The permissions related PRs are in game it would make sense to reset server and setup it with Grief Prevention and Permission Manager just to test if it blocks turtle movements and mining correctly. Plus Plethora and CCTweaks and CCGit would be fun.
I agree, I think a world reset, and then a bunch of plugins to ensure people don't grief.

I'll join it if you install Plethora c:
I don't have the courage to use CC without plethora
Why not haha? I think we shall be installing it though.
buzzawak #36
Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:13 AM
Whats a pity, tried to logon and got a
"Outdated server" message.
DannySMc #37
Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:15 PM

Does this mean you're using the wrong version of Minecraft…? It's kinda basic stuff. All the information is here:
https://kaos-network.com/servers/airwaves

You need MC 1.11.2, Forge (Version mentioned on the website) and the two mods available on the website.
buzzawak #38
Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:27 PM

Does this mean you're using the wrong version of Minecraft…? It's kinda basic stuff. All the information is here:
https://kaos-network...ervers/airwaves

You need MC 1.11.2, Forge (Version mentioned on the website) and the two mods available on the website.

Or does it mean you need to install minecraft_server.1.12.jar as part of tonight's updates.
IT's OK, I will wait until you catch up. :)/>
DannySMc #39
Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:10 PM
https://kaos-network...ervers/airwaves
Or does it mean you need to install minecraft_server.1.12.jar as part of tonight's updates.
IT's OK, I will wait until you catch up. :)/>/>/>
I actually just checked this, I wasn't aware the plugins and mods were up for this version; we can definitely get some forge versions setup as they seem to have stable builds now.
Will have to bare with me as a lot of the plugins are in Beta, so we could run into a few issues, what does MC 1.12 add?
Edited on 05 July 2017 - 12:21 PM
DannySMc #40
Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:38 PM
The update to 1.12 is now in place. Will update once it is up.
buzzawak #41
Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:09 AM
The update to 1.12 is now in place. Will update once it is up.

THanks Danny
DannySMc #42
Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:00 AM
The update is available now, with a new world, and a list of permission plugins, we also have added GriefPrevention for users.
buzzawak #43
Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:45 AM
I had a play on the server today and all was good.
Then around 3pm (aust time) got a problem

When I craft something, as I go to move it to my inventory I get a crash.
I restart the game and login and can continue playing in til I go and craft something and again crash as I move the item to inventory.
SquidDev #44
Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:19 PM

I restart the game and login and can continue playing in til I go and craft something and again crash as I move the item to inventory.

Could you PM me the crash log? It is quite probable I've mucked up somewhere.
buzzawak #45
Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:29 PM

Sorted now, With the recipe dialog expanded everything works fine.
Wojbie #46
Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:53 PM

Do you remember what you were crafting? That would be useful info for future. And crash log would be glorious.
buzzawak #47
Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:59 PM

Do you remember what you were crafting? That would be useful info for future. And crash log would be glorious.

I don't think it mattered what was being crafted. IT was the acting of moving the finished item from the 9 square crafting section to the inventory at the bottom.
I was crafting torches and buckets at the time.
Once I opened up the crafting recipe dialog box to crashes stopped.

[20:56:02] [main/INFO]: Setting user: buzzawak
[20:56:07] [main/INFO]: LWJGL Version: 2.9.4
[20:56:12] [main/INFO]: Reloading ResourceManager: Default, FMLFileResourcePack:Forge Mod Loader, FMLFileResourcePack:Minecraft Forge, FMLFileResourcePack:ComputerCraft
[20:56:16] [Sound Library Loader/INFO]: Starting up SoundSystem...
[20:56:16] [Thread-5/INFO]: Initializing LWJGL OpenAL
[20:56:16] [Thread-5/INFO]: (The LWJGL binding of OpenAL.  For more information, see http://www.lwjgl.org)
[20:56:16] [Thread-5/INFO]: OpenAL initialized.
[20:56:16] [Sound Library Loader/INFO]: Sound engine started
[20:56:19] [main/INFO]: Created: 16x16 textures-atlas
[20:56:21] [main/INFO]: Reloading ResourceManager: Default, FMLFileResourcePack:Forge Mod Loader, FMLFileResourcePack:Minecraft Forge, FMLFileResourcePack:ComputerCraft
[20:56:21] [main/INFO]: SoundSystem shutting down...
[20:56:21] [main/WARN]: Author: Paul Lamb, www.paulscode.com
[20:56:21] [Sound Library Loader/INFO]: Starting up SoundSystem...
[20:56:22] [Thread-7/INFO]: Initializing LWJGL OpenAL
[20:56:22] [Thread-7/INFO]: (The LWJGL binding of OpenAL.  For more information, see http://www.lwjgl.org)
[20:56:22] [Thread-7/INFO]: OpenAL initialized.
[20:56:22] [Sound Library Loader/INFO]: Sound engine started
[20:56:26] [main/INFO]: Created: 1024x512 textures-atlas
[20:56:29] [main/INFO]: Narrator library for x64 successfully loaded
[20:56:36] [main/INFO]: Connecting to kaos-network.com, 25599
[20:56:44] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] buzzawak joined the game
[20:56:46] [main/INFO]: Loaded 53 advancements
[20:58:49] [main/FATAL]: Error executing task
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:192) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at net.minecraft.util.Util.func_181617_a(SourceFile:47) [h.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:1086) [bhz.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:397) [bhz.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:123) [Main.class:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.minecraft.client.gui.recipebook.GuiRecipeBook.func_193003_g(SourceFile:188) ~[bnm.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.gui.recipebook.GuiRecipeBook.func_193948_e(SourceFile:440) ~[bnm.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiInventory.func_192043_J_(SourceFile:209) ~[bmv.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.network.NetHandlerPlayClient.func_191980_a(NetHandlerPlayClient.java:1490) ~[brx.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.play.server.SPacketRecipeBook.func_148833_a(SourceFile:39) ~[jr.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.play.server.SPacketRecipeBook.func_148833_a(SourceFile:12) ~[jr.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.PacketThreadUtil$1.run(SourceFile:13) ~[hv$1.class:?]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at net.minecraft.util.Util.func_181617_a(SourceFile:46) ~[h.class:?]
... 9 more
[20:58:52] [main/FATAL]: Reported exception thrown!
net.minecraft.util.ReportedException: Rendering screen
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_181560_a(EntityRenderer.java:1142) ~[buo.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:1117) ~[bhz.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:397) [bhz.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:123) [Main.class:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483) ~[?:1.8.0_25]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.minecraft.client.gui.recipebook.GuiRecipeBook.func_191861_a(SourceFile:260) ~[bnm.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiInventory.func_73863_a(SourceFile:74) ~[bmv.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.client.ForgeHooksClient.drawScreen(ForgeHooksClient.java:382) ~[ForgeHooksClient.class:?]
at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_181560_a(EntityRenderer.java:1115) ~[buo.class:?]
... 9 more
Edited on 06 July 2017 - 10:36 PM
buzzawak #48
Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:59 AM
Is there a recommended document I can read to understand the server commands?
Stuff on claiming land, protecting chests, chatting, etc ?
DannySMc #49
Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:20 PM
It's for the bukkit version of the mod, but the commands still apply:
https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/grief-prevention/pages/command-and-permissions-reference

Edit: the claims don't do very much for you as a user, your first chest placed *should* create a small protected area around you, then you use a golden shovel to resize and create new claims. You accumulate claim blocks over time. 50 an hour I think? Also you can use a stick and click it to see if the area is claimed.
Edited on 07 July 2017 - 02:22 PM
buzzawak #50
Posted 08 July 2017 - 12:19 AM
It's for the bukkit version of the mod, but the commands still apply:
https://dev.bukkit.o...sions-reference

Edit: the claims don't do very much for you as a user, your first chest placed *should* create a small protected area around you, then you use a golden shovel to resize and create new claims. You accumulate claim blocks over time. 50 an hour I think? Also you can use a stick and click it to see if the area is claimed.

THanks Dan
buzzawak #51
Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:03 AM
Just want to say sorry to Wyvern67, I was snooping around his/her mine and accidentally wrecked their water stairs.
I tried to fix the stairs but made it worse. I made a pumpkin pie to say sorry but don't know how to give it to Wyvern67.

lol
DannySMc #52
Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:24 PM
It's fine, haha, just leave a sign for him to see near or around his house.
buzzawak #53
Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:08 AM
Ok so I am finally getting stuff organized on my little plot of lands on the hill and would like to start writing some code.
I prefer to use an an external text editor than the ingame option.
What is the best way to access my scripts sitting on the server ?

Sorry I would guess this has been asked a ton of times.

Thank
Bomb Bloke #54
Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:09 AM
Only people with direct access to the Minecraft server files (eg Danny) can access server-side code with external editors.

The best way for regular SMP players to edit code is to do it on their local system, upload changes to somewhere such as pastebin (get an account so you can edit pastes), and then pull updated versions to the server side (eg with "pastebin get").
DannySMc #55
Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:19 AM
Ok so I am finally getting stuff organized on my little plot of lands on the hill and would like to start writing some code.
I prefer to use an an external text editor than the ingame option.
What is the best way to access my scripts sitting on the server ?
Sorry I would guess this has been asked a ton of times.
Thank
By default, you would need to have some kind of SSH/FTP access to the server files, which is a big no; security etc. You can go one of 2 ways here.

1. You can create a local world and make your computer in there, get the ID and then find the computer in your world save, and then drag it into a code editor of your choice. Build it from there and then upload it via DiscoverApp (Will explain lower down).

2. You can get an emulator: http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/16823-gamax92s-cclite-computercraft-emulator-updated-for-cc175/ or http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/18789-ccemuredux-computercraft-emulator-redux/ and then code using an emulator and also upload via DiscoverApp.

The DiscoverApp (My App Store, with tons of other things) has cloud storage, so if you download the program installer:

pastebin run MmnFkANZ
choose what you want to save it as.

Then run the program, click the login tile, click register at the bottom, then choose a username, password and your email. Then once you have created an account, you can then go back to the homepage, and click cloud storage, and just click on the arrow next to the file on the left to upload.

Then you can run the program on a computer on the server, login to your account and then download the file by clicking the left facing arrow on the right side.

If you need help just catch me on IRC: http://webchat.esper.net?channels=#kaosnetwork
Edited on 11 July 2017 - 07:20 AM
Bomb Bloke #56
Posted 11 July 2017 - 01:20 PM
Not entirely sure who's bug this is, so I figure I might as well post it here first. Sponge doesn't seem to like actions performed by Command Computers.

Eg, in the Lua console:

commands.setblock("~ ~1 ~ minecraft:stone")

… fails to place the block, and returns:

false
{
"Java Exception Thrown:
java.lang.AbstractMethodError: Method dan200/computercraft/shared/computer/blocks/TileCommandComputer$CommandSender.asCommandSource()Lorg/spongepowered/api/command/CommandSource; is abstract",
}
DannySMc #57
Posted 11 July 2017 - 01:47 PM
Not entirely sure who's bug this is, so I figure I might as well post it here first. Sponge doesn't seem to like actions performed by Command Computers.
Eg, in the Lua console:
commands.setblock("~ ~1 ~ minecraft:stone")
… fails to place the block, and returns:
false
{
"Java Exception Thrown:
java.lang.AbstractMethodError: Method dan200/computercraft/shared/computer/blocks/TileCommandComputer$CommandSender.asCommandSource()Lorg/spongepowered/api/command/CommandSource; is abstract",
}

This would be a possible bug with Sponge I would say. But also down to the CC mod.
DannySMc #58
Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:04 AM
Hey guys, we are looking at a pack update, I have amended the poll at the top. I want to know if you want the server to stay as a CC and CC peripherals only server, or if you want to add more mods, and if so, what mods. The options are above; enjoy. We shall have verdict by Friday.
Bomb Bloke #59
Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:03 AM
Adding mods limits the server's usefulness when testing potential bugs. Of course, you've already crossed that line with Sponge, so in for a penny, right? Besides, some bugs can't be unearthed without other mods, so given that the 1.8 builds are pretty close to "stable" now's as good a time as any to see how they get on with the other children.

That said, where you go from here should hinge on whether you want Airwaves to remain as a "CC" server at all. Mods that "add-on" to CC obviously encourage players to do CC-related stuff, whereas pretty much anything else other than QOL has the opposite effect. Not that anything on your current list runs afoul of that, mind you.

Certainly I don't want to see another world reset - I still have no idea why you decided to do one when updating to 1.12. Having to reconstruct a work area and then reconfigure systems is a pretty major disincentive to testing code on the server, and in the context of ComputerCraft, ore generation etc is quite irrelevant.
Edited on 23 July 2017 - 11:08 PM
buzzawak #60
Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:58 AM
The number one thing I would like added is bundled cable and number two a public access GPS network.
Edited on 24 July 2017 - 06:00 AM
Wojbie #61
Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:09 AM
The number one thing I would like added is bundled cable and number two a public access GPS network.
There is already GPS system in place.
SquidDev #62
Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:11 AM
Sadly I don't think there are any mods which are on 1.12, provide bundled cable and have support for ComputerCraft. I'm curious as to why you want it?
DannySMc #63
Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:50 AM
Adding mods limits the server's usefulness when testing potential bugs. Of course, you've already crossed that line with Sponge, so in for a penny, right? Besides, some bugs can't be unearthed without other mods, so given that the 1.8 builds are pretty close to "stable" now's as good a time as any to see how they get on with the other children.
That said, where you go from here should hinge on whether you want Airwaves to remain as a "CC" server at all. Mods that "add-on" to CC obviously encourage players to do CC-related stuff, whereas pretty much anything else other than QOL has the opposite effect. Not that anything on your current list runs afoul of that, mind you.
Certainly I don't want to see another world reset - I still have no idea why you decided to do one when updating to 1.12. Having to reconstruct a work area and then reconfigure systems is a pretty major disincentive to testing code on the server, and in the context of ComputerCraft, ore generation etc is quite irrelevant.

Of course I understand this. I want this to stay as a CC / CC peripherals server. I also want to limit the mods, due to again; testing. Changing this can cause issues with other mods; so I want to stick with it, additionally adding Plethora I see as something useful; other than that. I don't want other mods as many players play for the fact it's one mod. Sponge was needed due to being able to manage claims and protection due to people wanting to ruin it for others.

Sadly I don't think there are any mods which are on 1.12, provide bundled cable and have support for ComputerCraft. I'm curious as to why you want it?

No there isn't which is sad :/
buzzawak #64
Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:08 AM
Server is very very laggy
DannySMc #65
Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:28 PM
Server is very very laggy

Well this could be one of two things:

1. You're internet speed/latency to the server is bad,
2. Or it is something we already know about, something in spawn is being a little laggy, but we are not sure

Please always test your ping before posting about lag. You can do this with the /ping command on the server. If it is over 100ms then it could be your internet.
Bomb Bloke #66
Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:08 PM
This would be a possible bug with Sponge I would say. But also down to the CC mod.

I had SquidDev take a look at it, and it sounds like updating the server to a later version of Sponge should resolve the issue.
DannySMc #67
Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:50 AM
I had SquidDev take a look at it, and it sounds like updating the server to a later version of Sponge should resolve the issue.

No worries, will get this done.
Bomb Bloke #68
Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:32 AM
That did the trick! Thank you! :)/>
DannySMc #69
Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:33 AM
That did the trick! Thank you! :)/>/>

No worries, haven't seen you on for a while!
Bomb Bloke #70
Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:28 PM
Indeed, when I haven't been busy I've been working on code that isn't exactly server friendly.

Which I totally intend to run on Airwaves anyway, once I find a time slot where it's deserted. It gets a lot of traffic!
DannySMc #71
Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:30 AM
Indeed, when I haven't been busy I've been working on code that isn't exactly server friendly.

Which I totally intend to run on Airwaves anyway, once I find a time slot where it's deserted. It gets a lot of traffic!

Ahh okay haha, and yeah it does actually, usually it's like 1 person around 4am to 7am GMT 0
Nothy #72
Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:57 PM
I don't know if I'm the only one experiencing this on your server, but the chunks load extremely slowly, to the point where it's actually bothersome.

video: https://i.gyazo.com/7c6d3db247c10aaf3bc2b9f2e204c125.mp4
Bomb Bloke #73
Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:05 PM
That looks plenty fast to me. I do find it a bit odd that they keep disappearing, though. Given that I haven't encountered the same thing myself (despite using creative flight everywhere) I'm going to assume the elytra is the problem.

I suspect the weirdness in Dynmap is another symptom of this. There are missing chunks all over the place once you get away from spawn, it's like a checkerboard - makes me think chunks are generating and then simply not being saved.

Worth noting that these holes stay on the map. Hanging around the affected areas for extended periods of time doesn't fill them in.
Edited on 10 August 2017 - 12:25 PM
DannySMc #74
Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:32 PM
I don't know if I'm the only one experiencing this on your server, but the chunks load extremely slowly, to the point where it's actually bothersome.

I can't say I have had this issue while on the server, could possibly be you're just going fast and the server is struggling to keep up with you? But again I don't know.

That looks plenty fast to me. I do find it a bit odd that they keep disappearing, though. Given that I haven't encountered the same thing myself (despite using creative flight everywhere) I'm going to assume the elytra is the problem.

I suspect the weirdness in Dynmap is another symptom of this. There are missing chunks all over the place once you get away from spawn, it's like a checkerboard - makes me think chunks are generating and then simply not being saved.

Worth noting that these holes stay on the map. Hanging around the affected areas for extended periods of time doesn't fill them in.

Yeah I have noticed this, not really sure what to do though, as sometimes it loads in? and sometimes it doesn't?
hugeblank #75
Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:45 AM

Ya know, I do remember having an issue similar to this on Linux, using a crummy graphics driver (Gallium… psh). The chunks get "loaded" just not "rendered". So I guess the first thing is, is if you're on Linux, expect issues like that, and consider using windows. Secondly, I'd check if you have the latest driver for your GPU. If neither of the suggestions fix that then it may be a deep seated forge issue.

(Pro tip for dealing with this if you're just lazy: f3+a is your best friend, spamming it over the course of a long distance works [kinda in a way])
Nothy #76
Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:14 PM

video: https://i.gyazo.com/...9f2e204c125.mp4

Ya know, I do remember having an issue similar to this on Linux, using a crummy graphics driver (Gallium… psh). The chunks get "loaded" just not "rendered". So I guess the first thing is, is if you're on Linux, expect issues like that, and consider using windows. Secondly, I'd check if you have the latest driver for your GPU. If neither of the suggestions fix that then it may be a deep seated forge issue.

(Pro tip for dealing with this if you're just lazy: f3+a is your best friend, spamming it over the course of a long distance works [kinda in a way])
I'm on windows and running the latest drivers for the GTX780ti, so I'm suspecting it might be a forge issue.

And F3+a does indeed help with it, alongside the lag around spawn.
hugeblank #77
Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:17 AM
*snip snip, dip dip*
I'm on windows and running the latest drivers for the GTX780ti, so I'm suspecting it might be a forge issue.

Yeah, it's minecraft limiting the amount of chunks to (I believe) the chunk distance you set squared. And forge is just doing a garbage job of unloading/loading them.
Edited on 17 August 2017 - 11:18 PM
cyborgtwins #78
Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:08 PM
*snip snip, dip dip*

Yeah, it's minecraft limiting the amount of chunks to (I believe) the chunk distance you set squared. And forge is just doing a garbage job of unloading/loading them.

Im back baby!
Edited on 20 August 2017 - 07:09 PM
DannySMc #79
Posted 20 August 2017 - 11:24 PM
*snip snip, dip dip*

Im back baby!

Oh wow… Damn. Talk to huge to add you to the new slack group
cyborgtwins #80
Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:03 AM
*snip snip, dip dip*

Im back baby!

Oh wow… Damn. Talk to huge to add you to the new slack group

Will do sir! Cy is back reporting for duty!
Bomb Bloke #81
Posted 09 September 2017 - 07:10 AM
Any luck gathering those crash logs for SquidDev? I'd imagine there are quite a few to choose from by now.
Dametqwerty #82
Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:43 PM
*snip snip, dip dip*

So I tried to log into the server and it timed out (wouldn't let me log in). I know its not me because I could log into other servers.

Is the server up right now?
Bomb Bloke #83
Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:54 AM
At the time of writing the server is up (you can even see a live map here), but I'm also timing out when attempting to connect to it. I was able to join when I last tried a few days ago.
Dametqwerty #84
Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:23 PM
At the time of writing the server is up (you can even see a live map here), but I'm also timing out when attempting to connect to it. I was able to join when I last tried a few days ago.

Hmm weird. Kaos-Net do you guys know why?
DannySMc #85
Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:45 PM

Can you guys try now? Sorry I had to reset my firewall, and I forgot to allow access, this has been enabled now.
Dametqwerty #86
Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:34 AM

Can you guys try now? Sorry I had to reset my firewall, and I forgot to allow access, this has been enabled now.

Will do. Thank you.
Bomb Bloke #87
Posted 20 October 2017 - 01:39 AM
That's done the trick, thanks.
DannySMc #88
Posted 22 October 2017 - 10:47 PM
That's done the trick, thanks.

No worries! Sorry about that >.<
cyborgtwins #89
Posted 01 November 2017 - 11:27 PM
;)/>
Edited on 06 November 2017 - 03:55 PM
The Penguin21 #90
Posted 04 November 2017 - 09:29 AM
The server seems to be down.
DannySMc #91
Posted 04 November 2017 - 12:23 PM
The server seems to be down.

Yes we are resetting the server with some updated mods, due to an issue that happened.
Pockethot #92
Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:39 PM
Cant wait for this to be up and running!
DannySMc #93
Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:10 PM

Hey! Yeah, we are working on a new setup, what would you prefer? a creative world or a survival world?

So AirWaves V2 is on it's way, so I have amended the poll above, so I can see what kinds of things you guys might want on the server.
Pockethot #94
Posted 24 February 2018 - 03:52 PM

Hey! Yeah, we are working on a new setup, what would you prefer? a creative world or a survival world?

So AirWaves V2 is on it's way, so I have amended the poll above, so I can see what kinds of things you guys might want on the server.
Id prefer a survival but what ever you guys want I'm fine with, then again creative would let people experiment, what if you had both?
Edited on 24 February 2018 - 03:09 PM
DannySMc #95
Posted 25 February 2018 - 01:08 PM

Id prefer a survival but what ever you guys want I'm fine with, then again creative would let people experiment, what if you had both?

We could do both tbh, hmmm will see
Bomb Bloke #96
Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:19 AM

It's still retaining old votes.

Edit:

Aaaaand now it's not. Pop goes the poll.
Edited on 19 April 2018 - 08:25 AM
Pockethot #97
Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:45 PM
How is the server comin along, you guys?
osmarks #98
Posted 16 August 2018 - 07:40 PM
It's so dead that the discord has been locked.